1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Can Finley be the Packers first 100 catch/10 TD tight end?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GreenBlood, Aug 21, 2010.

1. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I don't know that it'll happen, but I have no doubts he can do it. He really has a chance to be among the top 5 TEs of all time, maybe... maybe... #1. Agree? Disagree?

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    100 catches is a lot.

More realistically, I see around 75 to 80 grabs and 11 or 12 TD's. Still pro bowl. Still some of the best TE numbers this year.

3. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    JerMike is already one of the best TE's in teh NFL. With Jennings, Driver, Jones and Jordy at WR, throw in a little Mike at TE and this offense is close to unstoppable.

4. 21dmvp21

21dmvp21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    he is a great TE but its a little soon to anoint him a hall of famer after 1 season lol

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I would take those numbers, 100 catches does seem like a lot

6. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    But Finley is going to be playing as both a TE, slot receiver, and wide reciever, so I think 100 catches is do-able for him, I think he's going to be used a lot (and he should be). But, these are my season predictions..

93 rec 1199 yds 11 TD

7. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,004
    In order for him to have 100 catches I think someone else would have be out on IR or for more than 4 games. Green Bay just throws the ball to to many players for the TE to get that many catches. Even if he is playing slot.

8. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    Ive never seen a TE grab 100 balls those are mainly the top notch WRs. I feel he can grab 80. I mean he grabbed 55 last year, thats missing a couple games and not playing spectacular in the first 4 games.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    In almost any other offense, absolutely. You trade Clark for Finley, you bet Manning has a huge grimm on his face.

But, like Raptorman said, we spread the ball a lot. Jennings is also out of this world, and so is Driver. Plus there's still Nelson and Jones.

10. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Like Rodgers says, he's gonna throw the ball to whomevers open, and we got too many other great players. Yes, I think he's the best out there, it's rare for a TE to catch the ball so effortlessly on a flat out run, so I'd say yes if we didn't have so many weapons.

11. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    I fully expect Jermichael Finley to be a dominant weapon for a while, He has amazing catching ability, I don't think it's possible for him to drop a ball, I also expect him to holdout after this season, He is going to have a ridiculous season and has stated on SIRIUS he wants to be the highest paid TE in the NFL...that's just something that is kinda bothering me in the back of my mind...on a positive note, Jermichael is a missing piece of the offense, He will be dependable to Rodgers as Dallas Clark is to Peyton.