Can Finley be the Packers first 100 catch/10 TD tight end?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know that it'll happen, but I have no doubts he can do it. He really has a chance to be among the top 5 TEs of all time, maybe... maybe... #1. Agree? Disagree?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
100 catches is a lot.

More realistically, I see around 75 to 80 grabs and 11 or 12 TD's. Still pro bowl. Still some of the best TE numbers this year.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JerMike is already one of the best TE's in teh NFL. With Jennings, Driver, Jones and Jordy at WR, throw in a little Mike at TE and this offense is close to unstoppable.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is a great TE but its a little soon to anoint him a hall of famer after 1 season lol

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But Finley is going to be playing as both a TE, slot receiver, and wide reciever, so I think 100 catches is do-able for him, I think he's going to be used a lot (and he should be). But, these are my season predictions..

93 rec 1199 yds 11 TD

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
In order for him to have 100 catches I think someone else would have be out on IR or for more than 4 games. Green Bay just throws the ball to to many players for the TE to get that many catches. Even if he is playing slot.

Reaction score
Ive never seen a TE grab 100 balls those are mainly the top notch WRs. I feel he can grab 80. I mean he grabbed 55 last year, thats missing a couple games and not playing spectacular in the first 4 games.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In almost any other offense, absolutely. You trade Clark for Finley, you bet Manning has a huge grimm on his face.

But, like Raptorman said, we spread the ball a lot. Jennings is also out of this world, and so is Driver. Plus there's still Nelson and Jones.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Rodgers says, he's gonna throw the ball to whomevers open, and we got too many other great players. Yes, I think he's the best out there, it's rare for a TE to catch the ball so effortlessly on a flat out run, so I'd say yes if we didn't have so many weapons.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect Jermichael Finley to be a dominant weapon for a while, He has amazing catching ability, I don't think it's possible for him to drop a ball, I also expect him to holdout after this season, He is going to have a ridiculous season and has stated on SIRIUS he wants to be the highest paid TE in the NFL...that's just something that is kinda bothering me in the back of my mind...on a positive note, Jermichael is a missing piece of the offense, He will be dependable to Rodgers as Dallas Clark is to Peyton.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts