1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Can a Flynn led team beat Detroit?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pat4DaPack, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I realize that. My analysis of the defense wasn't purely based on last week. I just commented on how bad they played and that their defense is probably just as bad as ours.

We're a little better in terms of not turning the ball over which will help us.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Just what I read.. When the injury report says limitied, he isnt out yet

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I think Air-Run should suit up even if he doesn't start or play just to psyche out the Lions.
    They will have no idea if/when he comes out to play or not.
    If they can play dirty then we can play sneaky. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +253
    The Packers are playing this game on the road on a short prep week and coming off a 5 quarter game on Sunday. That's not in their favor. The Lions have flubbed some games lately and they could do it again but we can't count on that.

The Packers have a defense that can't stop anybody and will have to play this high powered offensive team on their artificial fast turf. They didn't have to defend Calvin Johnson last time but will on Thursday. Reggie Bush will have impact in this environment. I doubt the Pack can hold Detroit to under 31 this time.

The Packers' best chance is for a matching offensive day. Detroit's back 7 on D is vulnerable but don't expect a 6 td day by Flynn. Fairley & Co. on their D-line could make running hard and Ansah and Young could bring heat on the quarterback passing. The Packers have to score touchdowns not be held to field goals or left empty when they get in the red zone; something they haven't been good enough at during Aaron Rodgers' absence.

I can see the Packers getting 26-27 pts in this game to keep it interesting and competitive. But at the end I fear the Lions will get the winning score on a Stafford to Megatron pass or a big play by Bush, taking advantage of the Packers' poor tackling. Those "recurring issues" Mike McCarthy refers to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. greenNyellow

greenNyellow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    We couldn't stop Lesean Mccoy. I don't think we can stop Reggie Bush unless Jolly is back. We need Jolly to play. We also need Shields. I am not confident without him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    That was when Rodgers was out

Look at how they performed when Rodgers was in.

My theory (and Sitton mentioned it as well yesterday before he blasted the Lions)

Rodgers and the off had long drives, which gave the def time to rest..When the off only short TOP, that doesnt get the def to much time to rest...By the time the 3rd q comes around, they do get tired..

They are professionals, but you can only have so much endurance

7. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Just my personal opinion but I think Sammy Shields has to play to get the win.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Flynn has restored my faith in my boys.
    We are going to win this big game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Playing for 9+ minutes certainly doesn't help.

10. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Is this a serious question??
    YES.

If you shut down Stafford and Calvin you shut down te Lions.... All Matt has to do is run the Offense and not turn the ball over.

The Lions aren't that good.....

11. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,501
  12. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
  13. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the Hell kicked out of You. Woody Hayes.

14. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294
    This is a ridiculous embarrassment. 53 TOTAL yards, midway through the 4th quarter. Awesome. This offensive line is playing like sieve. Thank god Rodgers is not playing. Frankly, if this is what the o-line is going to resemble from here on out, then he's smarter to stay away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    NO, but not all his fault

16. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Lions are going to whoop our butts..

17. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    Our Defense forced 4 turnover, and scored off of 1 of them. The offense was given plenty of chances by the defense to score and really get momentum swinging to our side. The offense just couldn't make it happen. Without Rodgers, Cobb, Finley, and a disintegrating offensive line there is only so much that we can do. Lacy is GREAT, and he has done well without having Rodgers under center to take heat off of the rushing attack, but he can only do so much.