Can a Flynn led team beat Detroit?

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the D-Fence improved when Flynn went out there.
True, they didn't stop the Vikings from tying the game.
But I thought they did better then we have seen them in awhile.
And they did keep the Vikes from winning.

We forced a field goal small victory at best.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the D-Fence improved when Flynn went out there.
True, they didn't stop the Vikings from tying the game.
But I thought they did better then we have seen them in awhile.
And they did keep the Vikes from winning.

Yeah, they did stop them in the red zone and I will take a tie over a loss any day. I guess they stepped up enough to prevent a loss. It's also good in a season in which our team is so beat up and plagued with injuries, we still didn't lose to the Vikings at all. A win and a tie with no losses means we owned them even while we are beat down with injuries.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we made Ponder look good (70%) in the cold of Lambeau, and we even made Toby Gerhart look like Eddie Lacy, then I can't imagine the Lions not scoring at least 35 on us, and I think they could go for 50 if they try real hard.

We have no CB's left and our safeties suck.

Reggie Bush was held in check by us in week 5, but this is fast turf and our defense has gotten progressivley worse every week and that's a nightmare mismatch.

Flynn will have to play his best to keep this close like 45-35 Lions.
I can't see us winning with this pathetic defense. It's looking like the Lynn ****ey years almost right now on defense.

Reaction score
Can he?

Did you watch Detroit yesterday? As bad as our defense is, theirs could be even worse.

Yes he can beat Detroit, just as easily as they could beat us. This game will probably come down to the last possession.

Did you watch the game? A blocked punt and 5 giveaways by the offense, one of which was a pick-6, and the total score is 24 points. This isn't 1930, NFL defenses aren't supposed to give up 3 points per game. I'd say it was a good day by the defense, all things considered.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can he?

Did you watch Detroit yesterday? As bad as our defense is, theirs could be even worse.

Yes he can beat Detroit, just as easily as they could beat us. This game will probably come down to the last possession.

But need to take care of their front line, so Flynn can pick on the secondary ( I believe their secondary is really bad)

Reaction score
But need to take care of their front line, so Flynn can pick on the secondary ( I believe their secondary is really bad)

The secondary is indeed very bad. Just saying that last week it would be dumb to say they were a bad defense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe Dom will have a special Holiday package made up just for the Lions.:D

Knowing Dom, he will have a Holiday Package all picked out, the game will start and he will realize by about the 2nd or 3rd quarter that the Lions had already unwrapped his package before the game even started, stuffing it in Dom's stocking next to the coal. Dom will then slowly put down his Turkey and stuffing and slowly wrap another package, as he gets ready to display it for Detroit's final 9:00 minute 4th quarter drive.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Nope Dom will have the same Ol' package he has been giving away for the past 3 seasons. Don't ya hate getting the same gift over and over? lol

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Whatever happened to our "bend but don't break defense"?

This one seems more like a "bend over and grab your ankles" defense.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
A gift card to the endzone?

Well yes.....but it's more like a gift pack.....free all expenses paid trip(s) to the endzone, same zone scheme to pick apart like a thanksgiving day turkey at a weight watchers meeting, same ol lame "here comes the blitz" without a disguise, ...ya know same ol same ol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well yes.....but it's more like a gift pack.....free all expenses paid trip(s) to the endzone, same zone scheme to pick apart like a thanksgiving day turkey at a weight watchers meeting, same ol lame "here comes the blitz" without a disguise, ...ya know same ol same ol
As you pointed out in another thread, they really need Spanish Rose. LOL

Members online