Cam Newton reported for theft by Packer fan

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems that violation of league policy on treatment of visiting fans.....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Huddle the refs....automatic forfeiture of game :coffee:

Doesn't surprise me though....basic NFL player mentality at work "this is all about me, not them"

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Total **** move by Cam. You can't just go and do that to the fans. There was nothing offensive or antagonizing about that banner either. Very immature individual. His reasoning was absurd too.....gotta protect this house??

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cam was clearly frustrated because his own fans won't come out and support an undefeated football team. There were easily 25-30,000 Packer fans at the stadium yesterday.
Apparently there's a rule in Bank of America stadium that opposing teams banners are not allowed. Seems a little paranoid to me.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good article. "Newton said. “I was passing. The sign was dangling." If he was passing, how did he manage to hit the sign?

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Very immature of him. First of all we all know they paid VERY good money for the tickets. Then this bastard goes and ruins there time at the game. Not like they will be able to go do that again this season. I would be pissed and do the same just to prove a point.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cam Newton really rubs me the wrong way. That being said, I couldn't care less about this.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The appropriate response should have been for security to ask them to remove the sign. It still would have been a wasted investment but they could have taken it home. The team likely won't do anything but, if Cam is a good guy, he'll send them a check along with some tickets to another game. That would be the classy move.

If I were Cam, I'd contact the manufacturer and have him make a replica instead of sending them a $500 refund...maybe I'd have him accidentally print it in blue and black text.

828Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cam was clearly frustrated because his own fans won't come out and support an undefeated football team. There were easily 25-30,000 Packer fans at the stadium yesterday.
Apparently there's a rule in Bank of America stadium that opposing teams banners are not allowed. Seems a little paranoid to me.

I was one of them, yelling proudly. I didn't see the banner issue however. I was sitting right behind the replay booth. I gave the officials hell every time.

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its refreshing to see a player do this and make the statement that its "My House." If the situation were reversed and there were Carolina fans hanging a banner at Lambeau Field and Aaron Rodgers or Julius Peppers went over and ripped it down, Packers fans would be happy.

Security should've had the fans remove the sign before the start of the game but they failed in their duty and Cam Newton corrected that mistake.

The real crime her is that the guy paid $500 for the sign and he actually lives in Fayetteville NC and there are at least a dozen different plaque and trophy shops on Yadkin Road or Reilly Road that could've made him that banner for $50.00 or less. Heck, he could've went to Staples for a no frills version for $9.99 plus tax.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The appropriate response should have been for security to ask them to remove the sign. It still would have been a wasted investment but they could have taken it home. The team likely won't do anything but, if Cam is a good guy, he'll send them a check along with some tickets to another game. That would be the classy move.

I don't see that the Packers fan did anything wrong, if anything he should be applauded for having the balls to proclaim his loyalty on enemy territory. Security have no place to removing the sign, it wasn't offensive.

Nothing wrong with promoting a little homage to your own team on opposition turf :)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Its refreshing to see a player do this and make the statement that its "My House." If the situation were reversed and there were Carolina fans hanging a banner at Lambeau Field and Aaron Rodgers or Julius Peppers went over and ripped it down, Packers fans would be happy.

Security should've had the fans remove the sign before the start of the game but they failed in their duty and Cam Newton corrected that mistake.

The real crime her is that the guy paid $500 for the sign and he actually lives in Fayetteville NC and there are at least a dozen different plaque and trophy shops on Yadkin Road or Reilly Road that could've made him that banner for $50.00 or less. Heck, he could've went to Staples for a no frills version for $9.99 plus tax.

Would never happen in Lambeau!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To play a little bit of devil's advocate here (and I've really come to hate Cam by the way), there is a message about "defending the house" that I know players have taken to heart down there. It's based on what happened with Ron Rivera's house burning down and the message that he delivered to them in the aftermath of that. I know his players took that to heart and in this case, Newton took it too far.

May I just say players, especially when unprovoked should not be anywhere near where the fans are, other than to do a TD celebration by leaping into the end zone stands. I mean they shouldn't be when they are provoked either, but especially not this. And what he did should be condemned and fined for.

Now as to the fan, I don't completely get how a sign should need 500 bucks to pay for it, esp when it seems like you could make a quality sign for about only 50 bucks or less. I mean you'd have to put in the time to do it, but sure seems like it could be done. That's about a month's rent in some cases so, word to other fans please do not spend $500 on fan gear.

But still, Newton has no right to do that in a game and he needs to eat a huge slice of humble pie this year for that.

coffee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In fairness, everyone knows Cam gives TD balls to children in the stands. All the players can easily see the children waiting at the front row. As much as Panther fans defend Cam and Packers fans defend Peppers, there is no difference in what Cam did compared to what Peppers did. For every comment here of why Cam's was mean to an opposing fan who displayed an inappropriate flag, there are just as many legitimate comments about Pep disrespecting the children with outstretched arms that ran to see if they could get a ball.

My view, as some here have expressed, is that both of these actions were simply a show of fire in our teams that we want to see from our guys.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

In fairness, everyone knows Cam gives TD balls to children in the stands. All the players can easily see the children waiting at the front row. As much as Panther fans defend Cam and Packers fans defend Peppers, there is no difference in what Cam did compared to what Peppers did. For every comment here of why Cam's was mean to an opposing fan who displayed an inappropriate flag, there are just as many legitimate comments about Pep disrespecting the children with outstretched arms that ran to see if they could get a ball.

My view, as some here have expressed, is that both of these actions were simply a show of fire in our teams that we want to see from our guys.

I'm intrigued by your inappropriate comment. What was inappropriate about supporting your team ?? It was clear the man was vastly overcharged for the banner, however the case he was a Packer fan and entitled to show it wherever he was. Newton was clearly out of order in this case, clearly !
I'm not aware Cam gives away game balls, but then again I'm a Packer fan on a Packer forum, so why would I know ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts