Calvin Johnson!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How sweet would it be to grap this guy. Either him or Jeff Samardzija from Notre Dame.

Samardzija or Johnson + Jennings + Driver + Robinson= jkgjdhkjgh

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rather have Dwayne Jarrett than Samardzija. Though if your an ND fan I understand wanting Samardzija.

With that said I'd take Calvin Johnson over anyone in the Draft. Even over AP. I think he's going to be that good and really be Terrell Owens minus the attitude.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Calvin Johnson somehow fell to GB and we didn't take him I'd join a host of Packer fans in TPing TT's house. Great kid with superstar talent. Randy Moss minus the attitude and lazy route running.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Calvin Johnson somehow fell to GB and we didn't take him I'd join a host of Packer fans in TPing TT's house. Great kid with superstar talent. Randy Moss minus the attitude and lazy route running.

I agree. The only player I'd consider over Johnson is AP and even then I think it would be a huge mistake.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:

I agree. The only player I'd consider over Johnson is AP and even then I think it would be a huge mistake.

If AP didn't have the injury history Id consider him over CJ, but since AP cant stay healthy then Id consider Johnson a steal.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't believe Peterson is one of a kind. I think he's going to be a great pro and one of the 2 top players in the Draft but Johnson I think is really one of a kind. He's 6'4" 230 and runs a 4.40 40 yard dash and has close to a 40 inch vert. Not to mention his hands. I don't think they'll be another one of those coming along real soon. Where as Peterson I think you'll see more players similar to him.

That's how I seperate the two.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for picking the best player available, you can never get enough good players. If you have too many at one position you can always trade one away to improve another position.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for picking the best player available, you can never get enough good players. If you have too many at one position you can always trade one away to improve another position.

I agree, teams rise and fall based on their ability to come up with star players...
SD = Tomlinson, Rivers, Merriman
CIN = Palmer, Johnson, etc

I'd rather we win some games and show some promise for '07 but the draft is the draft and if we're in position to get say Calvin Johnson if he slips, Joe Thomas if he slips, etc...do it

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to like; nay love, Calvin Johnson.

He's probably a top 5 pick though. We'd have to do one scheme-worthy trade to get him

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB would currently have #7 pick in the Draft. So their certainly still capable of stinking up. I mean we've seen them the last two weeks.

With that said I think it's very unlikely that GB has a shot at AP or Calvin Johnson.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB would currently have #7 pick in the Draft. So their certainly still capable of stinking up. I mean we've seen them the last two weeks.

With that said I think it's very unlikely that GB has a shot at AP or Calvin Johnson.

I dont get the hype surrounding Adrian Peterson, he's not close to Tomlinson, he benefits from an offense that spreads the field and he has room to run in the center...still an incredible athlete who will be a solid pro but come on, not top ten...like I ALWAYS say, running backs dont need to be picked in the first round...add Frank Gore to my ever-growing list of running backs who are pretty good despite not being high picks

The 7th pick could be a pretty solid prospect...I doubt we get Calvin Johnson, but maybe we walk away with Dwayne Jarrett--a lot of people are forgetting him amidst all of this, maybe Michigan's Jake Long who could simply be a dominant offensive tackle, maybe we can sneak one of the top corners, Michigan's Leon Hall, etc...personally I hope we win a few and end up drafting 12-15th

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont get the hype surrounding Adrian Peterson, he's not close to Tomlinson, he benefits from an offense that spreads the field and he has room to run in the center...still an incredible athlete who will be a solid pro but come on, not top ten...like I ALWAYS say, running backs dont need to be picked in the first round...add Frank Gore to my ever-growing list of running backs who are pretty good despite not being high picks

Two things. Last season OU had no passing attack to speak of and Peterson still ran for over 1000 yards and was Big 12 1st Team and probably would of seen more hype had it not been for Reggie Bush. This season Peterson was the entire offense up until he got hurt. He really only benefited his freshman year when Jason White was going up top to Mark Bradley and Mark Clayton. Outside of that Peterson has been the entire OU offense.

Secondly the percentage of RB's who are 1st round picks and starting in the NFL is very high. Might be more than any other position. If you go down the list you'll see a trend and the trend is majority of them were 1st round picks.

The 7th pick could be a pretty solid prospect...I doubt we get Calvin Johnson, but maybe we walk away with Dwayne Jarrett--a lot of people are forgetting him amidst all of this, maybe Michigan's Jake Long who could simply be a dominant offensive tackle, maybe we can sneak one of the top corners, Michigan's Leon Hall, etc...personally I hope we win a few and end up drafting 12-15th

I agree with you. No problem in taking Jarrett. He's going to be something special in my opinion. Jake Long I don't like. I think he'll be a good pro but GB doesn't need another rookie offensive lineman. I think GB is set at offensive line in terms of youth. We used last years Draft and came away with 3 solid prospect whom are all playing well. The only offensive lineman worth taking in my opinion is Joe Thomas from Wisconsin. Long is great but I think we could use the pick else where like on a Leon Hall or a LaRon Landry.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Johnson is goona be very good, but the Packers have other needs that they need to address before they pick another WR. They have Driver, Jennings, and Robinson for next year. We need to eother draft a running back or a defensive end with our 1st round pick. The likely candidates will be A. Peterson, M. Lynch. D. McFadden (if eligible), K. Irons, Q. Moses, or Adams from Clemson.

Members online

No members online now.