Call Your Shots Now

Who do you think plays the Packers in the Super Bowl?

• Patriots

• Bengals

• Steelers

• Colts

• Broncos

• Other (Dolphins/Bills/Ravens/Texans/Chargers/Chiefs)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The general consensus almost certainly has to be the Patriots, with maybe the Broncos being a close second. With New England having home field throughout it's hard to imagine anyone but them representing the AFC, but I just have this hunch about Pittsburgh. They are flying under the radar and have quietly been getting it done, and it might be Big Ben's last real push to prove he can still take this team to the super bowl. Bell is probably the best back in the league just under Murray, and their defense is shaping together nicely.

So I'm calling a Super Bowl XLV rematch, Green Bay against Pittsburgh in this year's super bowl.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's an awful long way to the Super Bowl at this point, but I like the hope. I think the Patriots are going to tear through the AFC playoffs.

H

HardRightEdge

So I'm calling a Super Bowl XLV rematch, Green Bay against Pittsburgh in this year's super bowl.
It's hard to go against New England, but I think Pittsburgh is a solid choice and a mild dark horse. They showed some wild inconsistencies earlier in the season, but these last 3 games look like they've settled into solid December football.

I also think Pittsburgh defense matches up well against the ball control Brady of the last couple years. New England just shows the long ball these days to keep safeties honest.

Reaction score
Big packer fan here but i don't see us in the super bowl so can't realistically answer the question. i see NE and Seattle in Super Bowl.

Go Pack Go

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Call your shot? Eight ball in the corner pocket.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted Patriots, but on second thought, I'm saying Steelers.

I have no good reason for it at all other than I think it would be awesome to beat the same team twice in the Super Bowl.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Pat's are the favorite for sure and playing at home, but boy do the Pittsburgh Steelers have some weapons and speed on the outside.

I don't really care for either team but if these two matched up in the playoffs and the Steelers show up with there "A game" I think they might be able to give Pat's more then they can handle.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My shot? Grand Marnier. Make it a snifters worth.
I'm in the Steelers camp also. I think they are peaking at the right time.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I voted Patriots, but on second thought, I'm saying Steelers.

I have no good reason for it at all other than I think it would be awesome to beat the same team twice in the Super Bowl.

The Packers beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl once before as well.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'm certain it will be the Pats, I'm also predicting an early exit for the Broncos. Something is wrong with Manning. His arm strength seems greatly diminished. Those four pics he threw against the Bengals weren't chance. Either his accuracy was way off or he underthrew his receivers. Poor, poor John Elway. He spent all that money last year on D only to have Manning fall apart. For Manning's sake, I hope it's not a reoccurence of the problem he had with his cervical spine. At any rate, they will not advance.

H

HardRightEdge

Manning is a master of finding a way to get deep in the playoffs.

I'll stop there.
While accepting that career playoff wins and passer rating over a career are likely to be lower than in the regular season, calling Manning a playoff master is an overstatement. He's been one the greats getting to the playoffs but underwhelming once there:

In his 13 seasons reaching the playoffs he was one-and-done in 8 of them. His career playoff record is 11-12. His career playoff passer rating is 89.2 with 37 TDs and 24 INTs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/post/

Rodgers has been a superior playoff QB:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/gamelog/post/

Brady has been far superior to Manning:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog/post/

Brees, Roethlisberger, brother Eli...all better in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

More like the "master of folding in cold temps". Brady owns this guy.
Yup. Whatever the cause of late fades prior to 2012, he's seemed particularly bothered in the late season games since he got to Denver post-neck surgeries.

He wears the glove on his throwing hand regardless of conditions now...in 60 degree weather in Denver in week 14, in San Diego in week 15. Why would a QB do that in warm weather unless he was having some trouble gripping the ball?

The arm strength is still there. He zipped a couple of deep seam balls against Buffalo like the old Manning. But it seems he has to pick his spots with those and in between throws a bunch of touch passes where his accuracy declines. The touch passes, needless to say, are a particular problem if there's wind.

If Denver has to play in one of those cold and blustery January days in Foxborough , Denver better bring their "A" running game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yup. Whatever the cause of late fades prior to 2012, he's seemed particularly bothered in the late season games since he got to Denver post-neck surgeries.

He wears the glove on his throwing hand regardless of conditions now...in 60 degree weather in Denver in week 14, in San Diego in week 15. Why would a QB do that in warm weather unless he was having some trouble gripping the ball?

The arm strength is still there. He zipped a couple of deep seam balls against Buffalo like the old Manning. But it seems he has to pick his spots with those and in between throws a bunch of touch passes where his accuracy declines. The touch passes, needless to say, are a particular problem if there's wind.

If Denver has to play in one of those cold and blustery January days in Foxborough , Denver better bring their "A" running game.

Exactly, Rodgers and Brady can throw balls that "cut wind" as I call it. Manning's ball seems to sputter and he loses accuracy when facing chilly windy circumstances as you pointed out. I don't think any QB loves to play in the cold but Manning's mannerism's when playing in cold sometime leave me to believe he would rather be somewhere else.

The Seahawks shortened up there zone and feasted off this guy in New York in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't watch enough AFC to really say much. That being said, my money is on another Steelers v Packers SB.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
While accepting that career playoff wins and passer rating over a career are likely to be lower than in the regular season, calling Manning a playoff master is an overstatement.
He gets there pretty well. Just doesn't win the big one is what I meant. I never said there weren't others that did more once they did get there.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
More like the "master of folding in cold temps". Brady owns this guy.
Like I mentioned to HREs post. He gets there pretty well and often. Just doesn't win the big one. But my god, what longevity.

I wasn't comparing him to anyone but himself.

Members online

Latest posts