Calhoun Declares for Draft

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this too. Here's info from one site, but most don't have him listed yet. I think we can do better in round 2, but as a 3 he'd be a good pick. Tho GB has a history of passing on players from Madtown.

Name: Brian* Calhoun
College: Wisconsin
Height: 5-10 Weight: 195
Position: RB Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: Jr/2006
40 Time: 4.38
Projected Round: 2-3
Stock: Rated number 6 out of 118 RB's

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
traditionally the Packers do not take UW Badgers they go to the bi queens or other teams. yes, now and then there are exceptions.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might be a nice pick early in the second...if that is the type of back the future Packers' HC/OC implement in their scheme.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is probaly a miss step on Calhouns Part as he would have been a front runner for the hiesman next year. To bad he didnt exercise caution and wait to come out because this year is RB heavy in the draft which pushes his stock down.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, JB...but when it is pretty well established that you will be picked on the first day, particularly late 1st or 2nd, it is hard to take the risk of catastrophic injury to return to college one more year. If he were projected 5 - 7 or FA...sure, stick around another year..... but not when he is staring at this situation.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
true but I believe he will fall in the draft if nothing else that he gets tripped up quite easily I follow my Badgers alot and people had foot tackles on him quite a bit. He is explosive and a better runner and pass catcher than Bennet ever was it will be interesting to see how his combine goes. I look for him to be the 15th to 27th overall pick when it is said and done. My point was just that with such a Heavy RB class probaly was bad timing on his part.

I also believe that Reggie bush will be this years aron rodgers. no gaurentees the Heisman gets you a #1

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really saw him getting tripped up easily? I saw, I think, 10 Badger games this year and my impression of Calhoun is that he's an elusive guy who is extremely difficult to bring down. Great feet, rarely takes a square hit, makes guys miss and breaks tackles would be my scouting report.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, TOP....very slippery back who plays the angles well in viewing the field and in one-on-one matchups. Never really gets hit clean, which should help with durability...and he has the room to add 7 - 10 pounds.

Reminds me a lot of the old Bengals/Chargers RB James Brooks....great runner and receiver combo with exceptional elusiveness and enough toughness to work inside.

Again, if the Packers decide to build an offense where he fits, I would love to see him in G & G.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember when he got state player of the year in high school, and almost soiled myself when I found out that he was going to Colorado when Wisconsin seemed like the perfect fit for him. As A. Davis went down a few times in his career, Calhoun probably would have taken over the TB job by his sophmore year. I was pretty happy when he came to Madison, unfortunately, it is for one year only. Running backs though, need to grab the money when it's available because of the injury risk, depending on their draft position of course.
I found him to be pretty dependable and elusive, and not at all easy to corral if given even a small hole. And, he busted some big ones from seemingly nothing. Ten more pounds on his frame and he should be pretty decent in the pros, especially considering that he is a great pass catcher. Sort of a mini- Ahman Green I think.
Hammer

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
I remember when he got state player of the year in high school, and almost soiled myself when I found out that he was going to Colorado when Wisconsin seemed like the perfect fit for him. As A. Davis went down a few times in his career, Calhoun probably would have taken over the TB job by his sophmore year. I was pretty happy when he came to Madison, unfortunately, it is for one year only. Running backs though, need to grab the money when it's available because of the injury risk, depending on their draft position of course.
I found him to be pretty dependable and elusive, and not at all easy to corral if given even a small hole. And, he busted some big ones from seemingly nothing. Ten more pounds on his frame and he should be pretty decent in the pros, especially considering that he is a great pass catcher. Sort of a mini- Ahman Green I think.
Hammer

I have been blowing the Calhoun horn since the seasons end and there was talk of him declaring. I have watched every Badgers game this year and this kid is special. What a wonderful addition he would be to the packers. People say he's on the small side but you sure can't question his durabilty...he had to set a school record for amount of times he rushed and caught the ball. This kid is sure handed and has a quicker first step than Ahman Green ever dreamed of. Also you don't see him laying the ball on the ground either...402 touches of the ball 0 fumbles. He can make a play out of nothing and any team that played the badgers set their defenses to contain Brain and very few were successful. No way will he be on the board in the third round.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27, I don't know much about Calhoun, but everytime I read your post they are well thought out and knowledgable. Then I get a glimpse of your signature and forget what I just read. That may be the funniest sign off ever.

Members online

Latest posts