Bye bye Rodgers

Reaction score
I'd rather go with someone who "tries" and doesn't throw 18 interceptions! Kind of makes winning more likely when you hang onto the ball. Taking a sack or throwing the ball away is exactly what you want to do if you want to win.
Again. Brett Favre threw more INT than TD’s over his first 3 seasons. That’s such an easy shot to take. Also you look for patterns when you analyze players. Why was that not a pattern before?

I’m curious. Why do you think there were many draft experts who had Love as the #3-4 QB prospect with all those INT? Shouldn’t they have shoved him down into that day 3 range or maybe a UDFA? Why would they still put him that high? After all it’s not like he was at the top ranked collegiate program. Although he did take them to a top 22 overall ranking as a sophomore. He lost twice in 2018 to ranked teams #11 Michigan State and #23 Boise State by 7 and 9 points respectively. Both contests were also Road games btw. Went on to play North Texas (who never lost a game by more than 1 score in 2018) in their Bowl game. Utah State beat their pants off them 52-13 ! and finished ranked above Boise State!
Boise state has the most players drafted in the NFL in a non power 5 school. Boise State has had an underclassman drafted into the NFL in 8 straight seasons. Only one of nine schools with such a streak of , joining Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Penn State, Stanford and Washington.

BTW. Did you know who the most winningest college football program is in the last 20 years? Might surprise you...
1. Boise State 219-43
2.Ohio state 217-43

That’s impressive for a young Sophomore QB named Love and why do you think his Head Coach Wells got snatched up before they even finished that season?

For that performance Jordan Love got his team slate wiped clean in 2019. Was that his fault? 5 years removed from his Dad committing suicide and he’s one of the best QB’s in college at 19 years old. Then he has to start over. Talk about overcoming adversity! God bless him. I hope he takes off like a jet wherever he’s launched.

I think that’s what is beginning to bother me about Rodgers. He doesn’t even know what adversity is compared to this kid (and yes, I’d say that to his face!)

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather go with someone who "tries" and doesn't throw 18 interceptions! Kind of makes winning more likely when you hang onto the ball. Taking a sack or throwing the ball away is exactly what you want to do if you want to win.

Well hell, maybe Rodgers just needs to take a few sacks and throw some more incomplete passes next time he gets to the NFCC :confused::confused:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well hell, maybe Rodgers just needs to take a few sacks and throw some more incomplete passes next time he gets to the NFCC :confused::confused:
I think Rodgers still has the McCarthy "play to not lose rather than play to win" engrained in him during playoff games. It was showcased during the 4th quarter against the Bucs and it heavily contributed to the team losing the game.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now Love is a future HOF player?

I didn't say that, now did I? I was responding to the ridiculous criticism that he hasn't played a down yet.

No reason at all to assume right now that Love is any better than Kizer. Kizer threw 10 picks his senior year. That was a harbinger of his NFL career. Context is your friend.

What a load of *****. When did Kizer ever go for 32 TDs and 6 INTs? In 2019, Love had a terrible OL, receivers with stone hands, and a coach that brought in a completely different system. If the Packers put a good team around him, his 2018 numbers are the expectation.

And BTW, he didn't throw 18 picks, he threw 17, so at least try to be honest.

D

Deleted member 6794

anyway, Love was never drafted for last year, or this year. Been thru it

Dillon 97 snaps, didn't play a lot, was pretty effective when he did hard to argue he wasn't, and also missed over a third of a weird year with positive Covid tests. Not a reflection of the quality of the pick by any means. 2 veteran RB's that stayed relatively healthy all year in a run up to the NFFCG, it's not a surprise he didn't play a lot.

Deguara - played over 20 snaps the first game of the season, was obviously going to be used quite a bit in this offense and had a really good day in a very small sample size. He likely would have been over 200 snaps himself had he not been injured for the rest of the year. Again, the lack of snaps weren't a reflection of the quality of the pick.

Martin, 190 snaps himself and missed the first half the season on IR. Not sure what' he'll be, but showed some good stuff and mistakes. Regardless, any top 4 draft pick that misses half a season on a rookie campaign in a year where there is no real TC or preseason to speak of will likely not see the field a ton just from the injury standpoint alone.

So, we're back to Love, and he wasn't picked for last year, or this year. The rest didn't contribute much mostly due to really good luck at the RB position, and really bad luck for the rest. But you knew how that was going to go when they were picked right? Insinuating it was a bad draft because of that is a bit disingenuous if you ask me.

I'm well aware that Love wasn't picked for last season. My point remains that the Packers should have used the selection on a prospect capable of contributing in 2020 though.

I agree as well that it wasn't a surprise Dillon didn't play a lot but once again that's the reason he shouldn't have been drafted in the first place.

Deguara was expected to be on the bottom of the depth chart at tight end as well. I was a bit surprised he played more than anticipated early last season and would have possibly be the most valuable of the bunch if he didn't suffer a season ending injury.

I'm not counting Martin as one of the four first picks as the fourth one was spent on trading up for Love.

True that. Plus what are we worried about. Favre through more INT than TD’s for a couple years.
Over his first 3 consecutive seasons he was
37TD-39INT

Favre never threw as many interceptions in college as Love did in 2019 though.

If GB goes after the most aggressive option of trading Rodgers for future draft picks. They’ll want to shed $
We would have pre- June 1 (2021)
$31,556,000 dead + $5,646,000 cap savings
We would have Post-June 1 (2021)
$14,352,000 dead + $22,850,000 cap savings

If we cut him or trade him isn’t the issue. The issue is our cumulative 3 season $ hit drops substantially after June 1 (overthecap.com)
we’d go from over $51,000,000+ to approximately $31,550,000 dead. It’s a $20mil wait

The Packers trading Rodgers this offseason would result in dead money of $38.356 million counting against their cap until the end of the 2022 season no matter when they trade him.

Of course his base salaries would come off the books.

He lost twice in 2018 to ranked teams #11 Michigan State and #23 Boise State by 7 and 9 points respectively.

Love faced off against a single Power-5 conference team in Michigan State (an average one that season) and struggled, finishing without a TD but two interceptions. I don't put a whole lot of stock into his performances against terrible teams out of the Mountain West the rest of the year.

That doesn't change the fact that no other quarterback in the FBS threw that many in 2019.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree as well that it wasn't a surprise Dillon didn't play a lot but once again that's the reason he shouldn't have been drafted in the first place.

Seems like by your logic Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Aaron Jones, Brett Favre and on and on...should never have been drafted?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, actually, he had plenty. In crunch time, his fourth quarter was:

Following an INT - inc, complete, sack (punt)

Following the next INT - sack, inc, inc

Following the FG and KO - run, complete, inc, complete, complete, inc, inc, inc

That's a run, four completions, two sacks, and seven incompletes.

Reaction score
I don’t know what you guys are thinking but I am ready to say so long to Aaron Rodgers. Yes some things weren’t handled correctly in drafting Love and yes the Packer organization could have given Him some better offensive weapons but there’s no excuse for his behavior. They have bent over backwards to make things right and He is too vindictive and self serving to be able to let a grudge go! That is NOT the definition of a TRUE Packer player! I would take Brett Favre over Him and his arrogance any day! Telling free agents not to sign with the Packers because He wouldn’t be there a year ago! He is following in his best friends footsteps meaning Tom Brady whom I also don’t respect. Aaron doesn’t get along with his OWN family—-what does that say about Aaron???? Makes his own Dad pay for tickets when his Dad comes to Green Bay for a game!!! Sweet huh poor Aaron is So poor you know!!! Good riddance! Let some other team deal with you and your spoiledness. Just be sure that we receive lots of compensation for this poor excuse of a Packer player

Reaction score
I do not know about that because I have not been following the drama of these little boys with their in the millions of dollars contracts, I know that initially it was Denver who was seriously considering him and then some talk about the LV Raiders picking him up.

Yes, as many top performing and rated Professional athletes he is petty and selfish but that being said do not expect squat out of the Packers for at least the next 2 or 3 seasons, if La Fleur does not shape up he will be leaving and not on a voluntary basis he did not have his team anywhere near as prepared for that home NFC Championship game and a much warmer climate team might I add than he should have.

Reaction score
I don’t know what you guys are thinking but I am ready to say so long to Aaron Rodgers. Yes some things weren’t handled correctly in drafting Love and yes the Packer organization could have given Him some better offensive weapons but there’s no excuse for his behavior. They have bent over backwards to make things right and He is too vindictive and self serving to be able to let a grudge go! That is NOT the definition of a TRUE Packer player! I would take Brett Favre over Him and his arrogance any day! Telling free agents not to sign with the Packers because He wouldn’t be there a year ago! He is following in his best friends footsteps meaning Tom Brady whom I also don’t respect. Aaron doesn’t get along with his OWN family—-what does that say about Aaron???? Makes his own Dad pay for tickets when his Dad comes to Green Bay for a game!!! Sweet huh poor Aaron is So poor you know!!! Good riddance! Let some other team deal with you and your spoiledness. Just be sure that we receive lots of compensation for this poor excuse of a Packer player

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not know about that because I have not been following the drama of these little boys with their in the millions of dollars contracts, I know that initially it was Denver who was seriously considering him and then some talk about the LV Raiders picking him up.

Yes, as many top performing and rated Professional athletes he is petty and selfish but that being said do not expect squat out of the Packers for at least the next 2 or 3 seasons, if La Fleur does not shape up he will be leaving and not on a voluntary basis he did not have his team anywhere near as prepared for that home NFC Championship game and a much warmer climate team might I add than he should have.
after back to back 13-3 seasons and NFCCG's I think La Fleur has more than a year or 2 left in GB. You can say he didn't have his team prepared, but then I assume you saw what that other team did to the super bowl favorite Chiefs in the next game?

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say that, now did I? I was responding to the ridiculous criticism that he hasn't played a down yet.

What a load of *****. When did Kizer ever go for 32 TDs and 6 INTs? In 2019, Love had a terrible OL, receivers with stone hands, and a coach that brought in a completely different system. If the Packers put a good team around him, his 2018 numbers are the expectation.

Love plays poorly and it's everyone else's fault. Wonderful analysis.

Anyone can take 5 minutes to look up the film of Love's interceptions. Hint: they're his fault. That doesn't mean he'll suck in the NFL but it's absurd to sit here and absolve him entirely of his poor play.

Reaction score
Anyone who knows anything about your average Californian mindset realizes they do not possess the intelligence of a single grain of sand.

I get a kick how the CA tourist advertisements are flying fast and furiously on network television, striving hard to sucker people from places where rational thought prevails to visit their deadly viral plague cloud of a state.

The only good Californian is 1 who stays miles away from northeastern WI.

Reaction score
I don't put a whole lot of stock into his performances against terrible teams out of the Mountain West the rest of the year.
You can disagree and say Utah State is not worthy of consideration and that’s fine, if that’s your prerogative. You can’t disregard some games and count others when doing an evaluation of the strength of a particular team. The sporting world looks further into than that. How did those opponents fare against their opponents? on down the line. That the fundamentals of rankings and while some games are weighted heavier, the way you handle the full array of opponents is imperative in the analysis.
With that said, you are disagreeing with the bulk of those that make their careers out of following or playing college and NFL sports. Those that study team performance (the Coaches polls that had Utah State ranked #14-#22 through the 4th quarter of the 2018 season etc..) .
The strength of 2018 Utah State was its QB and play calling and the only 2 games they lost in his Sophomore campaign were against ranked opponents AND both on the road. Utah State was in both games in the 4th quarter.

Regardless of where Love goes from here. Love can say he’s earned and won a Bowl game decisively (by 39 points!) as a Sophomore in college. All a QB can do against weaker opponents is crush them. Crush them he did. Those performances were integral in earning him consensus 1st-2nd day NFL draft grades across the board.

PS. Love against Boise State
29/47 363 yds 3TD 1INT 143.4QBrating
*Boise State Alexander Mattison (MN Vikings) rushed for 200 yards 3TDs.
* Game was 24-26 and Boise St RB Alexander Mattison ran 59 yards to the Utah 10, they scored with :08sec left to go up 24-32. In their biggest loss of 2018, Jordan never saw the ball again.

Utah State went toe to toe with Boise State until the very last Defensive series, but it was the Utah State Defense that didn’t hold with 3 minutes left. Had they gotten the ball back, Jordan needed a FG to win in 4down territory... and he had been eating them alive all day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well the Chiefs had not been to an NFC Championship game since what 1967, their win in last year's Superbowl was a fluke, unlike that of a team that refers to their hometown as Titletown.

taylor1949

Cheesehead
Reaction score

taylor1949

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one superbowl how many lost championship games wheres Bart when we need him

Reaction score
I guess far too many completely forgot about the pathetic at home performance of the Packers against the 49rs in 2014, yes I realize that had nothing to do with La Fleur but just as was the case with McCarthy the coaching staff their perfomance and the performance of those the coaching staff coach rests on his shoulders, no 1 would have made excuses for Vince Lombardi and nor would he have expected them to.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might want to get your facts straight. The Packers scored a touchdown after the first interception. In addition you need to consider the offense received the ball at their own 19 and 24 on the other two turnovers which made it tough to get points off them.

Here's how much Rodgers would count against the cap if traded:

Before June 1:
2021: $38.356 million

After June 1:
2021: $21.152 million
2022: $17.204 million

Love performed great against struggling teams like BYU, UNLV, New Mexico and San Jose State in 2018 but struggled against better competition as well.
Yeah I'm not convinced Love is the starter or a starter anywhere in the NFL. He still feels like a massive reach in rd 1, especially with giving up a 4th rd pick. It will be interesting to see who the starting QB is in September. Just about anyone's guess.

Reaction score
As for Brady and his 7 Super Bowl rings he may have actually earned this 1 with out having to suck the **** of the evil 1 because believe me no team in reality as the Patriots seemed to be is actually that good, years down the road there will be evidence turned up that there was a lot of rigging through game official calls to help them along their path to the Super Bowl.

I wonder what they did with those defective ball inflater pumps.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love plays poorly and it's everyone else's fault. Wonderful analysis.

Anyone can take 5 minutes to look up the film of Love's interceptions. Hint: they're his fault. That doesn't mean he'll suck in the NFL but it's absurd to sit here and absolve him entirely of his poor play.

Are you new to football or something? Go ahead. Keep pretending that his 2018 season doesn't exist. Keep pretending his team didn't go to **** the following season. The hate is strong in this one.

Members online

Latest posts