Bye-bye Metrodump

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/article/...oodbye-good-riddance-Metrodome?nclick_check=1

Never saw a Packers game there. Saw a Twins/Brewers game there many years ago when it was almost new. Thought it was an engineering joke back then. Only football game I have seen in Minne was at the old Met - now the home of the Mall of America. *sigh*

Minnesota needed a covered stadium so that they'd be viewed as cosmopolitan ... with the times ... needed to keep those soft sushi eating Minne/St Paul folk coddled when they would show up for a game to sip wine ... somewhere along the line, THE GAME never entered the conversation. Vikings fans and 9'er fans -- one in the same, just a few thousand miles apart geographically.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ready for the Snowboard competition !
The new trapdoors were also ready to go !

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although the place clearly sucks, McCarthy has won most of his games there, if I'm not mistaken. I think they do nothing but silent snap count stuff in practice all week before these games.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I grew up in the Twin Cities, and went to at least 5 Packer games there.... we lost all 5.
Four of them were under Farve, and we were favored by around a TD each time, and 3 of them were consecutive years from 1994-1996 where we had the game won, until some bullcrap garbage at the end.

I hate that place.
I also remember Bills Sims career ending there, Gerald Willhite's ending there, and remember Will Blackmon, Nick Barnett, Mark Tauscher, and Jerel Worthy tearing ACLs there. Even Desmond Bishop did a week ago. That place should have been blown up long ago.

They also pipe in fake noise thru the loud-speakers.
Actually, I did go to 2 World Series games way back in the day as a huge Twins fan, and I loved it then haha.

I remember running into a Vikings DB, Dewayne Washington, one night at a night club, and asked him why they always play us so tough there.
He said something to the effect of showing up to work at your home stadium, and seeing/hearing so many fans from the other team, it really lights a fire under them. They don't like that.

So we are their Super Bowl as I always have said, not just the players but also their fans who are so spitefully jealous of all our team has accomplished in it's history as well as the past 2 decades solid.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible football field; worse baseball field. It was a pretty good place for monster truck pulls. But you gotta say: The Vikings deserved it, just as they will deserve the Crystal Palace that's replacing it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I grew up in the Twin Cities, and went to at least 5 Packer games there.... we lost all 5.
Four of them were under Farve, and we were favored by around a TD each time, and 3 of them were consecutive years from 1994-1996 where we had the game won, until some bullcrap garbage at the end.

I hate that place.
Would you care to elaborate?
Is it just because the Packers had bad luck there with losing and injuries or other reasons?

I remember running into a Vikings DB, Dewayne Washington, one night at a night club, and asked him why they always play us so tough there.
He said something to the effect of showing up to work at your home stadium, and seeing/hearing so many fans from the other team, it really lights a fire under them. They don't like that.
Hmmmm... Interesting.....
That hack "writer"/"editor" Vic Ketchum of the Packers site once agains shows his ignorance of things Packers related. He claims that the fans of green and gold may help the Packers. From your perspective it hurts instead of helps them.
And Vic is actually getting all misty eye that this is the Packers last game there. He gave the Dump heaps of praise and yet he thought Lambeau was terrible first time he saw it.
And it gets worse. He wishes that he would have seen Adrian Peterson break records against the Pack and had no problems watching the Vikings beat us.
If someone is going to be writing/editing for the team website than that person should be biased for that team. They can love the game no matter who is playing but putting up praise for the rival team does not belong on a team's website.
I dunno why the Packers keep this guy around.
Only thing he should be editing is the weekly events calendar for a local church.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...-to-make/339edc87-72ce-4ce7-968b-26f754fea09c

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you care to elaborate?
Is it just because the Packers had bad luck there with losing and injuries or other reasons?
What do you mean?
I hate that place for the fact that they beat us 3 straight times I went, and 5-5 overall, AND because we've had so many injuries there.
And because I hate their fans who would rather beat us than win a Super Bowl.
And that stadium is bogus because they pipe in fake noise thru the loudspeakers and the roof keeps it in there, loud as hell.

I love Raider fans, Chargers fans, I even respect Bears fans.
But the Vikings fanbase is weak.... I know some good ones.
But they all live out of Minnesota..... how bad is it that games still face the threat of a blackout?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you mean?
Well, fans in these here parts call it the MetroDump even before the roof collapsed and DUMPed the snow on the field.

So I'm just wondering if it's called the MDump because it's just cute and catchy by rival fans or if the tag "dump" is being used the way it usually is to describe an unpleasant place.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the radio here in MN, some of the radio guys refer to it as The Big Inflatable Toilet. Picking up on the theme here? Metrodump....ehh, I digress.

Rant: The Metrodome is perhaps the NFL’s most-obnoxious venue. The constant roar of loud music and Viking horn sounds pale in comparison to the loud booms anytime the Vikings do anything positive. It really can’t be that pleasant for the Minnesota faithful either. Good riddance, Metrodome.
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131027/PKR01/310270375

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Think my favorite memory while watching it was hearing the crowd yelling "Fire Childress" Fun times.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, I remember hearing them chant "Fire Denny" and "Fire Tice" in past seasons. I also remember when we ushered out Jerry Burns with a loss at the end of the '91 season, although nobody was calling for his head. It was still nice to stick it to a divisional rival one last time under his watch