Bye-Bye Cowboys. Bye-Bye Pack. See you at the Dome

theheadcheese.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After a half a season filled with heart-stopping last minute finishes, we needed this one. We needed a laugher. And there are few teams I'd rather embarrass more than the Cowboys, whose owner Jerry Jones probably had someone like Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher on speed dial after the game.

The Pack did exactly what it needed to do at Lambeau Field. They scored early and often and from all sides. The defense again stood up and dominated. Outside of a late second quarter lapse, the unit was brilliant, with Clay Matthews making big play after big play for a national audience to see. He had the kind of game that will put him on the short list for defensive player of the year through the first half of the season.

As expected, the Cowboys defense was the perfect tonic for the sluggish Packers offense. Rodgers was razor sharp, hitting five different receivers on the first scoring drive and then finding a rhythm with James Jones and Greg Jennings. The running game was strong as well. Rodgers busted a couple, Kuhn was productive and got lots of work, and Brandon Jackson played about as well as he has as a Packer. He scored on a run and a catch and again was terrific with his blitz pickups.

The only negative note was the injury to Ryan Pickett, whose right ankle flared up in the first half and did not return. Hopefully the bye week will be enough to get him right. It would be nice to have him for the rematch with Adrian Peterson.

Not much more to add to this one. The Pack makes it three in a row to put the sputtering 3-3 start behind them. We look at how this team is playing right now and say, 'how did we lose to the Bears and Redskins?' But 6-3 at the bye is pretty good. Only the Giants are clearly playing better than them in the NFC right now. Road games at Minnesota and Atlanta will give us a good idea as to where this team is as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday.

Follow the Pack at The Head Cheese: The Place for Packer Fans : Head Cheese

Attachments

• dallas-cowboys-stadium.jpg
    dallas-cowboys-stadium.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 4,198

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packers just killed it last night. Made the Cowgirls look stupid. If Wade is not fired, I am not sure what Jerry is looking for. Going to be an interesting week...

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the best games I have ever been too. Crowd was great, troops were on the field. Just an awesome night! And you are very right, we needed it!

MDsarajPACK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, men, I waited until half past 3 in the night,because I'm from Bosnia , and I'm not sorry for it. I was thrilled. We destroyed them. Go PACKS !

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely picked the right game to make it to Lambeau! IT was SPECTACULAR! The crowd was energized! For those that have been to multiple games at Lambeau, does the "Wave" generally go 7 revolutions full strength around the stadium? That was amazing to me, I've seen other games where it made it around once, maybe a weak two times, but nothing close to what I saw Sunday night! LOVED every minute of it!♥

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I definitely picked the right game to make it to Lambeau! IT was SPECTACULAR! The crowd was energized! For those that have been to multiple games at Lambeau, does the "Wave" generally go 7 revolutions full strength around the stadium? That was amazing to me, I've seen other games where it made it around once, maybe a weak two times, but nothing close to what I saw Sunday night! LOVED every minute of it!♥
Damn!!! I tried SO hard to get the wave going when I was there,.. was NOT gonna happen!
* I did try to get a cyber wave going on chat,..just didn't know how exactly to pull it off....

I DID however mangage to get the wave going at the U2 concert in KC... (did I get it going or jump in?? nahh I got that sucker GOING!!) :agree::agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

So glad you had a good time!!! We loved watching every minute!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts