Butler, Brooks to stand in Hall

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted: Jan. 27, 2007

Green Bay - Two members of the 1996 championship team, safety LeRoy Butler and wide receiver Robert Brooks, have been named to the Green Bay Packer Hall of Fame.

Both Butler and Brooks played their entire careers with the Packers.

Butler, 38, ranks alongside Willie Wood as the greatest safety in club history. He was a perennial all-pro and Pro Bowl selection throughout the 1990s and was named to the NFL's All-Decade team.

He played 181 games, more than any defensive back in club history, and finished with 38 interceptions, fourth in team history. He also had 20 1/2 sacks.

Butler, a second-round draft choice in 1990, saw his career end prematurely when he suffered a shoulder injury in November 2001.

Brooks, 36, ranks 11th on the team's all-time reception list with 306 for 4,225 yards and 32 touchdowns. His total of 1,497 receiving yards in '95 is a club record.

A third-round draft choice in '92, Brooks announced his retirement in August 1999 because of chronic knee and back problems.

The 37th Hall of Fame Induction banquet is scheduled July 21 in the Lambeau Field atrium.

- Bob McGinn

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great news for both!!!! And for Packer fans evrywhere.

I'm a little surprised about Robert, only because he did have to retire pre-maturely, but both deserve to be honored by being placed in The Packer HOF.

Hopefully someday Leroy can go in there again as a packer coach.
I believe he is the man to bring in as a replacement for Shotty!!!

Butler not only knows the game, he was a true leader.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Butler doesn't want to put in the time to be a coach, that's why he never developed in green bay. I woldn't mind seeing him though as a coach if his heart is in it. The one that really surprises me is not seeing Eugene as a coach, obviously being Carolina's radio guy he likes to stay in the game, but I guess he doesn't want to be an assistant and put the long hours in away from his family. Side note Butler has helped unofficially in draft analysis for the Packers, but if he doesn't want to put the time in as a coach I don't see him being a front office guy either.

Congrats guys for the honor, they deserve it

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee.....when i saw the title of this thread "Butler, Brooks to stand in Hall".........i thought, "What did they do? Misbehave in class???
J/K!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They truly deserve the honor. Those two once a Packer, always a packer. Lets get them to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted: Jan. 27, 2007

Both Butler and Brooks played their entire careers with the Packers.

Not exactly true. Brooks tried a comeback in 2000 with Denver. He played in 2 games and had 3 rececptions for 51 yards.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always liked Brooks. He was no Sterling Sharpe but had he stayed healthy he could've been great for a long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts