1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Bulls are back!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by 4thand26, Jul 3, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah he sure did...at the time everyone criticized the bulls for making the move.

1 year later...Bulls win....and the deal isnt even NEAR over yet.

Paxson > Thomas

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's funny the Bulls had Antonio Davis in the Eddy Curry deal and AD isn't even there anymore.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    thats cuz Isiah Thomas is stupid.

That part of the deal hurt the Bulls more than losing Eddy. AD provided veteran leadership, and toughness. The bulls were pretty soft since he left...

but Ben wallace should fix that!

4. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    I also think PJ Brown should help Ben Wallace fix that too. I believe they would have been better then 41-41 IF they had veteran leadership last season.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah PJ Brown wont light up the stats...but he should provide size down low and leadership...

Kirk can only lead so much. hes only in his...4th year?

6. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, Kirk Hinrich is going into his 4th year. Ben Gordon can also light up the scoreboard too when he's got the hot hand.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ben Gordon can get off my team.

He is useless. please goto this sports blog and see why.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, i'm wondering what the Bulls can get for him? I doubt Kevin Garnett because Kevin McHale made it clear that KG is not trade bait.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah.

-I like our guards(kirk,duhon,throbbo the draft pick, jr smith)
    -I LOVE our SFS (nocioni and deng)

I'd take another big guy like sweetney, what can it hurt. Sweetney can be damn good when hes focused.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason, I really wasn't impressed with Sweetney this past season but lets see what next season brings.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    well its like this...

when Sweetney got here, he was a joke. the organization he came from was a joke. Sweetney couldn't do anything really, except walk around with a dumb look on his face. He never took a charge in his NBA career, and was a bad defender.

Then skiles got a hold of him...

and he took charges near the end of the year. His defense improved. He had some very good flashes of offense, and is as good(can be) on offense as Eddy Curry. He can have a nasty streak which he showed at times, and hopefully these new tough big men bring it out of this talented young man.

I like sweetney...watch out for him in 2007.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank god Kruse stepped down a few years back because this team would probably be full of kids who just graduated high school.

13. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Come on Trom. You have to have that guy who can come into a game and light it up and he can definatley do that.
    He is instant offense much like Vinnie Johnson was back in the Pistons bad boy days.
    You can't dump yet another first round pick again. (Elton Brand, Eddie Curry, Tyson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, even Jay Williams)

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah, he provides offense, but at what cost?

HE shoots a three, yay! Oh...he just allowed a 3...damn.

We needed it 2 years ago. We had no real offense. Now we do(as far as our guards go anyway). Duhon improved bigtime, and kirk is..kirk. JR Smith is supposed to be real good when given the chance....and throbbo sefelosha can score....he scored 16 today in summer league(yeah i know, but its game 1 in a summer league)

ben showed he can not progress as a defender, and opposing teams are on to his offensive strategies. hes done.

Why do we have to have a guy who can come in and light it up? Because we are down? Take ben out, and it helps our chances of not being down to begin with. Ugh....unreal.

I liked ben, I was a big supporter, but he...hes a one trick pony, and the league knows his trick.

15. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Until they prove that they are not all defense, they have to have someone who can do what Gordon does.
    You remember the title years. Was Rodman a one trick pony? Yes but he did just what they needed and he played his role to perfection. You can have the same with an offensive player.
    Put him in the game and if he has a hot hand you ride that for as far as you can. Not every player on your team is going to be perfectly symmetrical in his skills. Keep him as your 6th man who can come in and at times dominate a game.

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    dont...compare that team to this team. That team could afford to have one trick ponies.

We dont really need Ben. Duhons FG% is like 1% lower, and Duhon shoots better FTs(Ben sucks at FTs...honestly...who shoots really good and sucks at FTs? Ben).

And Bens PPG only went up 1 point from his rookie year, but he had an additional 7 minutes per game!

He needs to go...while his value is high. He just doesnt fit the team.

Hinrich
    Duhon
    Deng
    Nocioni
    Sweetney
    Smith
    Sefelosha

those are guys who can put the ball in the hoop with decent success. Now if Ben can post people up down low...thats a different story then.

he needs to go.

17. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I can’t believe that you think that I was comparing this team to that one so I don't get it. You missed the point.
    You have already put this guy Sefelosha ahead of Gordon? Why? What has he done? If he was that great then why was he playing in Europe? Where did he play college ball?
    Come on man. You are looking for a whole team of utility infielders and that is not what puts you in the playoffs.
    Of all of those players, who has come into more games for the Bulls over the last 2 seasons and made a bigger impact in the outcome of the games?
    His inconsistency can be partly blamed on the way that Skiles uses him.
    Nocioni is just as streaky in his offense.

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    so you're saying Ben Gordon put the bulls in the playoffs?

Sefelosha is ahead of Gordon because he plays defense. We have scorers from 1-4.

We dont have defense\size at the 2. We do now. The Bulls have been through this...with Jamal Crawford. Solid shooter, forces shots, bad passing, no defense.

Noce is worth having on the floor cuz he does other thing besides be a streaky shooter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CMON PHIL!!!!!!! Same with Deng, who is veeeeerry streaky.

Jeeez.

19. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh, and Noce isnt the 'go to guy' like ben is supposed to be, yet Nocionis FG% is better by like 4 points.

Noce also has a better 3pt%

but yeah...the bulls need that go to guy in gordon. right. thats....:leaves before saying something mean:

20. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If guys like Noce\Deng\Kirk\Duhon are having a bad shooting night, its one thing, cuz they contribute in other ways. If Gordon is off....ur ******, cuz thats his job.

and other guys do what he does, but better, as i showed with noce. cmon now.

21. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    You just admitted that Gordon has been the go to guy. What does that tell you right there?
    You are also comparing the FG% of a guy who plays close to the basket with a perimeter player. Two different animals Trom.
    Eddie Curry led the NBA in FG% when he was with the Bulls and what did that mean?
    You are assuming that Sefelosha can play defense in the NBA based on what he did in Europe? This is a whole different league Trom. He was not guarding NBA caliber players night after night over there.

If you can get something really nice in return then fine. If not, then why just dump him?

22. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Um...noce was top 10 in 3pt% like 3\5th of the year.....but yeah, sure... he plays close to the basket. thats an example of...not being 1-dimensional, which ben is. Thats a different type of animal,all right. One that should be on another team.

Yeah, sefelosha played good D in europe, and that wont transfer over to the USA....tell that to (once again) nocioni. Its usually the offensive european studs who cant hang in the NBA, and not the defensive ones..

Im not saying dump him, if i did I said it out of spite(cuz he hurt us so bad in the playoffs).

oh, and high fg% means when you shoot it, it usually goes in. Currys problem is he disappeared in the 2nd half of games. He...would get tired(and heart thingy) and lazy and be a p.o.s. also teams would make more of an effort to stop him.

good day

23. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and BG wants to be a starter. he already played 31MPG last year off the bench a lot....and thats too much. If he was used like Pargo\Pike, thats fine...but not 31mpg.

24. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny how Gordon struggles as a starter but does just fine coming off the bench.

25. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    He spun Kenseth like a pussy that he is. Although I think it was great when he was asked if he did it on purpose he said 'and what if i did' ... that was freakin great!