Bulaga reportedly sign with the Packers

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT strikes again.

Rinse and Repeat, just like every other year and every other year fans are upset with him. For the life of me I'll never understand why. Drafts well, keeps the core guys around, financially responsible. I just don't get it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Rinse and Repeat, just like every other year and every other year fans are upset with him. For the life of me I'll never understand why. Drafts well, keeps the core guys around, financially responsible. I just don't get it.
[sarcasm]Let me help you understand: He doesn't win the offseason (re-signing Packers, no matter how good doesn't count). He doesn't sign big name UFAs (Julius Peppers doesn't count because he was too old). He is financially responsible (Spend the money Ted!! It's not yours or ours – let’s go for it - spend it!). He keeps the core guys (That is NOT exciting – exciting is getting core guys other teams don’t want or can't afford). He doesn't draft that well (This is the guy who drafted Justin Harrell, Brian Brohm, Derek Sherrod, etc.) And he not only isn’t glib, he’s awkward appearing before the press. Let’s get a slick talker as GM! [/sarcasm]

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[sarcasm]Let me help you understand: He doesn't win the offseason (re-signing Packers, no matter how good doesn't count). He doesn't sign big name UFAs (Julius Peppers doesn't count because he was too old). He is financially responsible (Spend the money Ted!! It's not yours or ours – let’s go for it - spend it!). He keeps the core guys (That is NOT exciting – exciting is getting core guys other teams don’t want or can't afford). He doesn't draft that well (This is the guy who drafted Justin Harrell, Brian Brohm, Derek Sherrod, etc.) And he not only isn’t glib, he’s awkward appearing before the press. Let’s get a slick talker as GM! [/sarcasm]

Nicely done sir!

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we had the best start to free agency than anybody. Signed the best available WR and the best RT. I score that as a huge win in free agency. Great job Ted!!!!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching Pro Football Talk; they just had Bulaga as resigned with Packers, 5 yrs, $35M.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching Pro Football Talk; they just had Bulaga as resigned with Packers, 5 yrs, $35M.

I read that on rotoworld too, but JSOnline says nothing official yet. Probably nothing to worry about, but no cork-popping yet.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like him two. Those who don't usually have one of two reasons for their disdain: 1) Ted doesn't sign the '****' big-money free agents, and b) Some are still hung up on the "He screwed Favre" mentality.

I think if Ted's not the best in the business, he's in the top three at least. Let's appreciate him while we have him.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could cut a deal on Ted's behalf with Father Time that would allow him to be the Packers GM for another 20 years or so.:D

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just happy our offense stays intact. As long as our D stays middle of the pack ranking wise, we'll be a SB contender.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeremy Parnell a 28 year old swing tackle who has started seven career games and has been with five different teams throughout his career signed a 5 year $35 million contract that will pay him $7 million a year with Jacksonville.

Bryan Bulaga a 25 year old RT who many considered the best offensive tackle on the market was signed by the Packers for a 5 year contract as well that will reportedly pay him less than $7 million a year, and less than the reported $8 million he was seeking.

Jeremy Maclin the 26 year old who many considered the second best WR on the market this year signed a 5 year contract that will pay him $11 million a year.

Randall Cobb the 24 year old who many considered the best WR on the market this year who had reported offers of over $12 milion a year from other teams was signed by the Packers for $10 million a year over four years.

The Cobb deal was good. The Bulaga deal if it gets confirmed should embarrass the Jaguars. Good job TT.

On a side note this locks up the entire starting offense up for the next two years. This offense could be scary good if they avoid injuries.

Bobinho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a great news if they resign Bulaga, he made a very good season in 2014 , and it would be willing to make financial concessions to get the title in 2015. Good spirit, and to my mind the offseason is a success for the Packs, good job !!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted does a pretty good job of convincing guys to stay here when they probably could get more money elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bulaga has signed the contract with the Packers. It´s a five-year, $33.75 million deal.

andeftw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga has signed the contract with the Packers. It´s a five-year, $33.75 million deal.

I'm reading that the Packers weren't willing to pay him more than Sitton, who makes 7 million a season. It was up to Bulaga to take it or leave it, and boy am I glad he took it!
This leaves us in great position to take the best defensive players on the board early in the draft, unless some offensive players falls to a point where he's the best value pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

This leaves us in great position to take the best defensive players on the board early in the draft, unless some offensive players falls to a point where he's the best value pick.

I really don´t see Thompson drafting any offensive players during the first two days of the draft.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want us to draft an ILB and CB with our first two picks. Then go DL with our 3rd pick and another LB with our 4th.

So....

1) LB
2) CB
3) DL
4) LB

Then whatever else. Maybe a TE in the 5th.

D

Deleted member 6794

I want us to draft an ILB and CB with our first two picks. Then go DL with our 3rd pick and another LB with our 4th.

So....

1) LB
2) CB
3) DL
4) LB

Then whatever else. Maybe a TE in the 5th.

I´d rather have the Packers re-signing Tramon Williams and address NT and ILB with their first two picks.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Williams, I bet we hear something about that today. He was in Nola last night. I assume if he leaves there without a deal, it means hes coming back home.

D

Deleted member 6794

I just don't see a CB ready to start falling far enough for us to pick him up in the first or second.

There are some cornerbacks possibly capable of starting immediately in the NFL. There aren´t any such NT prospects available after the first round though.

Members online

Latest posts