Bulaga Pay Cut

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't mind the Packers releasing Bulaga as he will most likely not be available for the beginning of the season meaning the team has to have a starter in place for week 1.

Hopefully either Spriggs has developed into a decent option or Gutekunst has addressed the position at that point.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not understanding how you can cut a guy on IR without him being able to pass a physical and expect to not have some buyout clause activated.

The Packers could release Bulaga as long as no portion of his remaining salary is guaranteed in case of him suffering an injury.

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers could release Bulaga as long as no portion of his remaining salary is guaranteed in case of him suffering an injury.
Right. Just like Sam Shields. The Packers are only on the hook for the dead cap if Bulaga is released. I highly doubt there's an injury guarantee in Bulaga's contract. This is football; injury guarantees are uncommon.

Without such a guarantee, additional compensation for a released injured player is limited to injuries suffered in preseason. In that case, the team and player will have reached an settlement that pays the players medical expenses and salary for the projected duration of the injury.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
We give up our 2nd this season...and one of our first next year for Thomas??

I think Bulaga, although overpriced, for two years is worth a having Thomas for one year. I wouldn't give up picks for him and I don't think itd happen, but Seattle needs OL and we need a better backfield.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bulaga, although overpriced, for two years is worth a having Thomas for one year. I wouldn't give up picks for him and I don't think itd happen, but Seattle needs OL and we need a better backfield.

Ok, they can have Bulaga and HHCD for Thomas then haha

D

Deleted member 6794

We give up our 2nd this season...and one of our first next year for Thomas??

That would be a steep price for possibly a rental player for a year.

Right. Just like Sam Shields. The Packers are only on the hook for the dead cap if Bulaga is released. I highly doubt there's an injury guarantee in Bulaga's contract. This is football; injury guarantees are uncommon.

Without such a guarantee, additional compensation for a released injured player is limited to injuries suffered in preseason. In that case, the team and player will have reached an settlement that pays the players medical expenses and salary for the projected duration of the injury.

There are several star players who have guarantees for injuries included in their contracts. Thompson should be fired again if he agreed to such a deal with Bulaga though.

There's no way the Seahawks would be interested in that deal.

Members online

No members online now.