Bucs vs. Packers - Preview and Analyzation

Pittman4Two

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good morning Packers fans! Below is a complete analyzation of Sunday's gridiron football game. Good luck on Sunday.

The Tampa Bay Buccanneers, Super Bowl XXXIIIX Champions, NFC Central Champions, NFL League Champions, Tampa Bay Champions vs. packers

Overview:

It's been a long, intensive, exhaustive, yet busy week for me. I've viewed more than 3 hours of Packers game footage to prepare a diagnostical report of this week's matchup. So fear not...after reading this analyzation, you'll be more than ready for Sunday's contest.

The Pewter Pirates to historical Lambeau Stadium to face the vaunted Green Bay Packers. The history and rivalry of this matchup is deafening. When I first began to follow the Pirates, the Bucs traveled to Lambeau with my then favorite player, Redel Anthony. I knew then that the Packers were going to be a force to reckon with for decades to come.

Packers offense vs. Bucs defense

Brett Farve returns to the starting lineup after not playing a game all week. It appears the man, the legend, is losing a step after all. After viewing the films (note: I haven't been able to watch little to no Packer football this season since my television's reception cannot reach Iowa), I've noticed many things regarding the Packers offense. It's tough to stop Farve when he gets into a rhythm. If he's able to sit back in the pocket and throw TD passes, the Packers will score...it's that simple.

It'll be up to Booger, Steve, Jamie, Simeon, and Tito to get to the quarterback while Jermaine, Ronde, Brian, and Ronde suffocate the Packers receivers. I don't really mean suffocate, that would be a penalty.

There's one thing that really drives me batty and that's Brett Farve's helmet. It's too big or his head is too small. It's always cocked on one side of the man's head. Why can't he get good, udderly solid equipment? He is Brett Favre after all.

Bucs dominating offense vs. Packers defense

I like the fact that the Bucs defense gets to show off it's offense to the northern Pewter Pirate fanatics. It's cold up there, so there's nothing to warm up a Buccaroo fan more than exquisite passing and pulverizing running. We'll get that this week with Griese and Pittman. We'll need some speed in the backfield this week, so Pittman should get the start with Cadillac coming in on mop-up duty. Griese and Clayton should hook up for at least 3 passes while new superstar Alex Smith nabs two more.

The Packers defense, anchored by the best player of the 11 represented, will be a tough group. Both corners and safeties cover WR's while the defensive linemen, with the russian defensive end, should rush Griese after every snap.

Predictions

Look for the Bucs to win in an offensive shootout, 17-10.

Matt Briar will be the MVP, kicking 5 FG's.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spock Logic must've missed the bus on this write-up....

Predictions(?)
- shootout ending at 17-10, Bucs win, eh.... Now add your 2nd comment with Briar kicking 5 FG's (Math doesn't add up right off the bat) - where's the other two points come from? a Safety? highly doubtful....

Brett's helmet fits him just fine - *scratches head over apparel commentary* Is this the Bravo Channel?

If Favre wants to sit out all week long while everyone else gets time to practice - i.e.: Aaron Rodgers, etc. - then that's fine, he's in mid-season shape already as it is.. you can tell by how far he's already throwin' the heat downfield.

==================================

As all Packer fans may have noticed, our newest bandwagon Bucs fans who just showed up to this forum as we are readying ourselves to play against them... has forgotten the fact that the BUCS are the highest penalized team in the NFL right now... The Packers could end up winning the game just on that STAT alone... Otherwise, Griese may have found a Home in Tampa Bay, but he has yet to prove himself with consistency.. which failed him miserably at Miami - a chip off the ol' Griese is yet to be seen.

This game will either be a blow out by the Bucs, or the PACKERS will find their Identity and be a nail-biter all the way!

GO PACKERS ! ! !

OP
OP
P

Pittman4Two

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Spock Logic must've missed the bus on this write-up....

Predictions(?)
- shootout ending at 17-10, Bucs win, eh.... Now add your 2nd comment with Briar kicking 5 FG's (Math doesn't add up right off the bat) - where's the other two points come from? a Safety? highly doubtful....

Brett's helmet fits him just fine - *scratches head over apparel commentary* Is this the Bravo Channel?

If Favre wants to sit out all week long while everyone else gets time to practice - i.e.: Aaron Rodgers, etc. - then that's fine, he's in mid-season shape already as it is.. you can tell by how far he's already throwin' the heat downfield.

==================================

As all Packer fans may have noticed, our newest bandwagon Bucs fans who just showed up to this forum as we are readying ourselves to play against them... has forgotten the fact that the BUCS are the highest penalized team in the NFL right now... The Packers could end up winning the game just on that STAT alone... Otherwise, Griese may have found a Home in Tampa Bay, but he has yet to prove himself with consistency.. which failed him miserably at Miami - a chip off the ol' Griese is yet to be seen.

This game will either be a blow out by the Bucs, or the PACKERS will find their Identity and be a nail-biter all the way!

GO PACKERS ! ! !

Hmm...you make a good point but really you don't.

Matt Briar's FG percentage is tops in the league and at the very least in Tampa Bay. I don't see where you were going on this one...?

Farve's helmet is important. Safety is a top priority in the NFL League and if he doesn't fix it, his career will udderly be cut short prematurely.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no such word as analyzation - it's analysis. And when was Super Bowl XXXIIIX? I must have missed that one.

NFC Central Champions

Must have been an off year for the Pack, Queens, Bears and Lions.

Tampa Bay Champions

That's because there are no other respectable teams in Tampa. Have the Lightning ever won a Stanley Cup? Will the Devil Rays ever get above .400?

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....Holes all over that....he can't even spell his favorite players name right! It's Reidel, homer.

Why is Ronde on thier twice? Oh, you are thinking you'll need 2 Rondes to cover Double D and the boys if you expect to have a chance! Okay, I got it!

The Packers defense, anchored by the best player of the 11 represented, will be a tough group. Both corners and safeties cover WR's while the defensive linemen, with the russian defensive end, should rush Griese after every snap.

Huh?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittman4Two said:
Hmm...you make a good point but really you don't.

Matt Briar's FG percentage is tops in the league and at the very least in Tampa Bay. I don't see where you were going on this one...?

Farve's helmet is important. Safety is a top priority in the NFL League and if he doesn't fix it, his career will udderly be cut short prematurely.

I either make a point or I don't - decide which....

I was thinking more of Josh Bidwell being down there than anything else... screw Briar...

AND GET THIS Mr. Bandwagon - Favre's Helmet is the same one he's been using for over 207 starts in the NFL - somehow it has been a NON issue up to now.. so inventing tripe propaganda won't work with Packer fans....

ONE OTHER THING - I noticed you glossed over your PENALTIES being the most in the NFL... Wonder why that is...? What kind of kool-aid is that you're drinking over there near IOWA..... :roll: :shock: :?:

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
AND GET THIS Mr. Bandwagon - Favre's Helmet is the same one he's been using for over 207 starts in the NFL - somehow it has been a NON issue up to now.. so inventing tripe propaganda won't work with Packer fans....

Now watch Favre go out and get a concussion this week. DAMN!!!!
Would be just our luck, huh? :-?

OP
OP
P

Pittman4Two

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just what I thought...a lot of Packers fans that don't see the light of day.

The penalty area will take care of itself. I can't help that the refs have been biased against the Bucs. It doesn't matter since we've overcome those penalties anyway. Why start what you can't finish?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow perfect example of a fan of a team that can't look at things objectively. I know many people like this and there are packer fans on this board that are much the same. The think that their team will win every game and will be amazing every week without realizing that the nfl talent level isnt much different and anything can happen. No attempt of a fair analysis of a game at all. That said, the Bucs will be the favorites this game and the Packers haven't showed much lately. Also I love the use of the things the bucs accomplished several years ago. What did they do last year again? Nothing. Not that it really matters but since the past is being brought up it is worth saying.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittman4Two said:
Just what I thought...a lot of Packers fans that don't see the light of day.

The penalty area will take care of itself. I can't help that the refs have been biased against the Bucs. It doesn't matter since we've overcome those penalties anyway. Why start what you can't finish?

Huh?

ORRELSE said:
LOL....Holes all over that....he can't even spell his favorite players name right! It's Reidel, homer.

Why is Ronde on thier twice? Oh, you are thinking you'll need 2 Rondes to cover Double D and the boys if you expect to have a chance! Okay, I got it!

Huh?

Again, HUH??????

OP
OP
P

Pittman4Two

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A small typo is brought up since no rock-hard arguments or analyzations can be thought of.

C'mon Packers fans...show me some facts like I gave you in the preview.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want some analyzation, huh? Well the Bucs have an undersized defensive line, and if Sherman's smart he'll use the same strategy that beat the Bucs in their own backyard in 2003. Run it right down their throats!!! Might not be a bad idea as well to take advantage of Hovans unhealthy obsession with Favre and bring back the shovel pass.

Bucs3-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittman4Two said:
A small typo is brought up since no rock-hard arguments or analyzations can be thought of.

C'mon Packers fans...show me some facts like I gave you in the preview.

These Packer fans obviously have class, I can remember the days of the old sombrero when half of Green Bay would take a vacation in November and come to the game. The stadium was half green. I remember a few years back going to a game (1997?) and having a Packers fan(in the minority at this time) offer me a braut. I have always admired and respected your fans much more class than say Buffalo. Favre is one of those players you just don't want to retire because you enjoy watching him play. But, it is really hard to have much confidence in your team when the Dilfer led Browns come into town and win. I am going to love the win on Sunday, but it will be hard for me because this is probably the last time we will play against Favre. Good luck this season guys! I hope you win all of them except Sunday.

Bucs3-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
You want some analyzation, huh? Well the Bucs have an undersized defensive line, and if Sherman's smart he'll use the same strategy that beat the Bucs in their own backyard in 2003. Run it right down their throats!!! Might not be a bad idea as well to take advantage of Hovans unhealthy obsession with Favre and bring back the shovel pass.

That could be used as a strategy but, not against this Bucs defense. 2003 was eons ago for this squad. It was a bad injury filled year. Booger and Hovan completely shut McGahee down last week, he was running scared and got called out on it.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucs3-0 said:
These Packer fans obviously have class, I can remember the days of the old sombrero when half of Green Bay would take a vacation in November and come to the game. The stadium was half green. I remember a few years back going to a game (1997?) and having a Packers fan(in the minority at this time) offer me a braut. I have always admired and respected your fans much more class than say Buffalo. Favre is one of those players you just don't want to retire because you enjoy watching him play. But, it is really hard to have much confidence in your team when the Dilfer led Browns come into town and win. I am going to love the win on Sunday, but it will be hard for me because this is probably the last time we will play against Favre. Good luck this season guys! I hope you win all of them except Sunday.

Now there is a Buc fan with some class. Thanks man.
Good luck Sunday.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
they think that their Team will win every game and will be amazing every week....

Yepper - that's called being a Fan!

Just to alert you, not all Members of this board think is those glowing terms..

Most, actually, are realists and can see the writing on the wall for this Season already.

It's written all over that not very many Teams have gone to the Playoffs, let alone a SuperBowl... with an 0-2 start.. Yet, last year could have been an 0-5 start for Sherman, had it not been for the slippery game (Slowik) plan we pulled off against the Panthers on MNF. Had the Panthers gotten any inkling of what was coming, then we most likely would not have won that game, either. Slowik was an idiot for trying that type of Defense.

As it was, we lost the next four game and later on, got clobbered "bad" on MNF ..at Lambeau - and fans all across the Country got to watch, for probably the first time ever, where Lambeau Field was emptying out practically a whole quarter before the game was over....

Which prompted, as diehard fans of course, postings of admonishment by "other Packerfans" to those that were lucky enuf to be in Lambeau for the game.... to (dang it) just straighten up and fly right..! THEY SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

Packerfans are different than any other... and simply do not forsake their team. Other fans, like the Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Bucs, etc all have the problem of a bandwagon mentality - but Packerfans are above that fickle-dom...

If you hang around long enough you'll see what I'm talking about with the Members who post here...

Bucs3-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
SuperRat said:
they think that their Team will win every game and will be amazing every week....

Yepper - that's called being a Fan!

Just to alert you, not all Members of this board think is those glowing terms..

Most, actually, are realists and can see the writing on the wall for this Season already.

It's written all over that not very many Teams have gone to the Playoffs, let alone a SuperBowl... with an 0-2 start.. Yet, last year could have been an 0-5 start for Sherman, had it not been for the slippery game (Slowik) plan we pulled off against the Panthers on MNF. Had the Panthers gotten any inkling of what was coming, then we most likely would not have won that game, either. Slowik was an idiot for trying that type of Defense.

As it was, we lost the next four game and later on, got clobbered "bad" on MNF ..at Lambeau - and fans all across the Country got to watch, for probably the first time ever, where Lambeau Field was emptying out practically a whole quarter before the game was over....

Which prompted, as diehard fans of course, postings of admonishment by "other Packerfans" to those that were lucky enuf to be in Lambeau for the game.... to (dang it) just straighten up and fly right..! THEY SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

Packerfans are different than any other... and simply do not forsake their team. Other fans, like the Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Bucs, etc all have the problem of a bandwagon mentality - but Packerfans are above that fickle-dom...

If you hang around long enough you'll see what I'm talking about with the Members who post here...

I believe that you will find "real" fans of each team, but in Tampa people try to prove their loyalty. "I have been there since 76" "I have had season tickets for years now", when in actuality "real" Bucs' fans realize that many of these people must be lying because it is us that were there when there were more GB fans than Bucs' fans in the stadium. There were NO fans of the Bucs from out of state. Things have changed since 2002, but there is and from now on will be bandwagoners and don't tell me there aren't GB bandwagoners as well, because there are and have been. I doesn't matter what team you root for you always hold out hope that your team will win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts