Bucks VS Nets

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
But I will tell you this if the bucks can make the finals don't be surprised to see one Aaron Charles Rodgers sitting courtside...
Makes sense, Aaron wouldn't want to dilute his life with having to watch a team that he has ownership of, do all the dirty work to get to a championship. ;)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not basing this off of any hard cold facts, but I will give Bud credit for not putting his starters out on the court for as long as some coaches seem to. I think this has a 3 prong effect. First, it might help to prevent injuries. Second, it keeps them a bit fresher in game for that 4th Q and if necessary OT. Third, by the time they get to the playoffs, which is a second grueling season in itself, they may have more in the tank.

The Bucks appear to be the healthiest of the teams left in the playoffs and that is what helped them to win the Nets series. Let's hope it continues right on through to bringing home the Larry O'Brien Trophy!

Kevin Durant played 48 min in at least one of those games...he still looked like the freshest player in the court

I'm not saying play all 5 starters like that but there is something to be said for playing your stars that much as you get deeper into the playoffs especially. If it's tight game I don't see any reason to take Gianis off the court, well I guess except the free throw thing late. But even then it is what it is and you gotta roll with your star player

I forgot Rodgers has ownership stake in the Bucks, that's right haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kevin Durant played 48 min in at least one of those games...he still looked like the freshest player in the court

KD is an awesome player, but he and the Nets were visibly gassed in OT. Both he and Harden played all 53 minutes of the game. Brown played 52. I agree with you that you want to have your best players out there, but sometimes resting them even for a minute or 2 every Q is prudent.

Another interesting and telling stat from game 7, not one bench player for the Nets took a shot.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna tell you what MLF said about Murphy & Gutey either haha...

But I will tell you this if the bucks can make the finals don't be surprised to see one Aaron Charles Rodgers sitting courtside...
Unless a bombshell is dropped about whats going on, he might be boo'd more than he thinks

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KD is an awesome player, but he and the Nets were visibly gassed in OT. Both he and Harden played all 53 minutes of the game. Brown played 52. I agree with you that you want to have your best players out there, but sometimes resting them even for a minute or 2 every Q is prudent.

Another interesting and telling stat from game 7, not one bench player for the Nets took a shot.

That's crazy not a single shot...wow

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You really think they'll boo him?
Yup..they already did at a brewer game when a bergstrom commercial came.on that he did

Todd Rosiak
@Todd_Rosiak
Aaron Rodgers doing a commercial for Bergstrom Autos on the video board between innings, and I'm hearing some audible booing from the crowd.
8:54 PM · May 4, 2021

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup..they already did at a brewer game when a bergstrom commercial came.on that he did

Todd Rosiak
@Todd_Rosiak
Aaron Rodgers doing a commercial for Bergstrom Autos on the video board between innings, and I'm hearing some audible booing from the crowd.
8:54 PM · May 4, 2021

Hmmm of course some people are gonna boo but I doubt it's the majority I think most would cheer him

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
oh I think Rodgers would get boo'd at a Bucks game....and actually rather loudly. Probably why he won't show up. It's not like he is too busy getting ready to play football to show up. :D

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh I think Rodgers would get boo'd at a Bucks game....and actually rather loudly. Probably why he won't show up. It's not like he is too busy getting ready to play football to show up. :D

I hope he goes cuz I'd be interested to hear it live in person to see if it's just a few people booing or a significant percentage of the crowd

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hope he goes cuz I'd be interested to hear it live in person to see if it's just a few people booing or a significant percentage of the crowd
It won't have to be everyone to sound VERY loud. I think he stays home and doesn't risk it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not basing this off of any hard cold facts, but I will give Bud credit for not putting his starters out on the court for as long as some coaches seem to. I think this has a 3 prong effect. First, it might help to prevent injuries. Second, it keeps them a bit fresher in game for that 4th Q and if necessary OT. Third, by the time they get to the playoffs, which is a second grueling season in itself, they may have more in the tank.

The Bucks appear to be the healthiest of the teams left in the playoffs and that is what helped them to win the Nets series. Let's hope it continues right on through to bringing home the Larry O'Brien Trophy!
Good point Poker. During the regular season, Giannis, Middleton, Holiday, even Lopez rarely play more than 34, 35 minutes. If that means losing a game now and then so be it. Now in the playoffs you see these same guys in the 40 minute plus range. Why not save the best for when it counts?

Anyway Coach Bud has taken a lot of shots lately (including me), but he is an excellent manager of minutes. And as we've seen with other teams with injured players in the playoffs, it matters. In short, for the Bucks it's just another way to win. Proof is that they're still playing.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It won't have to be everyone to sound VERY loud. I think he stays home and doesn't risk it.

You're probably right but it also might be his only chance to watch the bucks play for a championship and who knows maybe his girl will wanna go...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point Poker. During the regular season, Giannis, Middleton, Holiday, even Lopez rarely play more than 34, 35 minutes. If that means losing a game now and then so be it. Now in the playoffs you see these same guys in the 40 minute plus range. Why not save the best for when it counts?

Anyway Coach Bud has taken a lot of shots lately (including me), but he is an excellent manager of minutes. And as we've seen with other teams with injured players in the playoffs, it matters. In short, for the Bucks it's just another way to win. Proof is that they're still playing.

Yeah but this is the first year bud is increasing the stars time to 40 plus minutes.... previously he did not do so in the playoffs in both Atlanta and Milwaukee. I've said it a bunch but there's a quote by him during the Toronto series paraphrasing...if we can't win with 34 playing 30 minutes a game we don't deserve to win

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thought I scored 4 tickets for Wednesdays game. Free throw line, 12 rows back, 4 for $112.50 each. Then the person said "OK Venmo me the $$ " lol...

It is true when they say "if it's too good of a deal, it's a scam"

Anyone selling tickets? At least I know where you guys "live". :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I scored 4 tickets for Wednesdays game. Free throw line, 12 rows back, 4 for $112.50 each. Then the person said "OK Venmo me the $$ " lol...

It is true when they say "if it's too good of a deal, it's a scam"

Anyone selling tickets? At least I know where you guys "live". :)
Hang out at deer district??

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but this is the first year bud is increasing the stars time to 40 plus minutes.... previously he did not do so in the playoffs in both Atlanta and Milwaukee. I've said it a bunch but there's a quote by him during the Toronto series paraphrasing...if we can't win with 34 playing 30 minutes a game we don't deserve to win
My in-laws (and a few out-laws) are all Philly fans. They blame playing their starters too long for their blowing huge leads in the playoffs. By the time their stars were gassed, ATL players were still fresh and took control. PHI had to sit their stars and ATL took back the lead.

Not sure what optimum is, but you have to rest players 6 or 8 mins per game I think. We have a pretty good bench and can still maintain with 1 or 2 starters out.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm of course some people are gonna boo but I doubt it's the majority I think most would cheer him
Of the 100 packer fans I know that I have discussed with - I would say only 8 or 10 support Rodgers. I think maybe 50ish are the sort who would actually boo. And there are some very hardcore AR fans in there. The supporters are mostly older casual fans.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My in-laws (and a few out-laws) are all Philly fans. They blame playing their starters too long for their blowing huge leads in the playoffs. By the time their stars were gassed, ATL players were still fresh and took control. PHI had to sit their stars and ATL took back the lead.

Not sure what optimum is, but you have to rest players 6 or 8 mins per game I think. We have a pretty good bench and can still maintain with 1 or 2 starters out.

Yeah 6 to 8 well placed mins of rest is cool, that's way 40 to 42 min a regulation game. A nice amount more than what bud has been willing to do in the past

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of the 100 packer fans I know that I have discussed with - I would say only 8 or 10 support Rodgers. I think maybe 50ish are the sort who would actually boo. And there are some very hardcore AR fans in there. The supporters are mostly older casual fans.

Interesting...that's higher than around me by a significant amount. I'd say more 70/30 support for Rodgers in my neck of the woods

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah 6 to 8 well placed mins of rest is cool, that's way 40 to 42 min a regulation game. A nice amount more than what bud has been willing to do in the past

I have been a bit critical of Bud lately, but more about his ability or inability to make adjustments during a game or even in a series. However, I do think he is one of the best at using a lot of his bench, different combinations and not overly worried about the losses in regular season because he held some guys out. Now we are seeing how this has paid off. The Bucks are by far the healthiest and well rested team left of the 4 and that might have even been of the 8. I think it also helps when you get an injury and need to rely on a bench player, who because of Buds rotations, has plaid some minutes with the starters.

Will be fun to watch the game tomorrow night and see how Bud and the Bucks change their game a bit to play a smaller, faster Atlanta team. With the Nets, once Hardin and Kyrie went out, they didn't need to worry too much about outside shooting. That will change starting tomorrow and Holiday is going to be really tested guarding Tre Young.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna tell you what MLF said about Murphy & Gutey either haha...

Back is here....wheres rodgers??

Members online

Latest posts