Bucks VS Nets

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Holiday played slightly better in the 2nd half, but I was still disappointed in some of his ball handling, slot selection and overall, just cold play. I was shocked he ended up with 21 points, but he went 1 for 10 on 3 pointers, so that had me yelling anytime he shot one.

He needs to play better for what he is earning and the Bucks will definitely need him playing better to get out of Brooklyn with a win and moving forward.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holiday played slightly better in the 2nd half, but I was still disappointed in some of his ball handling, slot selection and overall, just cold play. I was shocked he ended up with 21 points, but he went 1 for 10 on 3 pointers, so that had me yelling anytime he shot one.

He needs to play better for what he is earning and the Bucks will definitely need him playing better to get out of Brooklyn with a win and moving forward.
I agree with you. I was surprised he had 11 pts or so in the first quarter and finished around 20. As for the 3s, I gotta believe if a guy, any guy, doesn't find his rhythm in the first 5 shots, it's better to go with to a mid range game or drive to the hoop and pass out to an open shooter. Middleton has been amazing with his mid-range shots, and Giannis has gone back to "running downhill" where he shows an incredible amount of acceleration and touch going to the hoop. And his mid-range game is better. FTs? don't get me going. But he has shown great discipline in getting away from the 3s. The Nets won't even put a player on him if he's behind the arc.

What I will look for on Saturday is Lopez getting some open 3s. Once he starts hitting those, he's very consistent. And I'd love it if Forbes could repeat his Miami performance. Connaughton can also get hot from behind the arc.

What happened to Portis? Is it just that they trusted Lopez more? That was strange either way.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is it, Game 7! Feels like it should be the Championship Game!

Let's get this one, play 14 more games and win 8 of those!

Go Bucks Go!!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Holiday sh*ts the bed in the first Q again. What is up with this guy?

2nd half...we need Middleton and Holiday to step up. Bud needs to strictly have Tucker or Giannis on KD and for God's sake Giannis, stop shooting 3's and drive the ball!! Look for Blake to light up three 3 pointers!

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
That was one hell of a game. Thank god KD has very large feet.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey, to each their own. :tup:
Hey, I'm with you. Just a bunch of big guys running up and down the court in their underwear launching rain makers. Then again, guys like you and me grew up on Oscar Robertson, Earl the Pearl Walt Frazier ... Bobby Dandridge going into the HOF ... :)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Does anyone know what has happened to Portis???????
I think he is fine, he played limited minutes in the first 4 games, but I think Bud tried to stick to 7 or 8 players, as well as playing his core 5 as much as possible in the final must win 2 out of 3 games.

Go Hawks! I really don't want to face Embiid and the Sixers, not to mention that we would have home court advantage against the Hawks!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is fine, he played limited minutes in the first 4 games, but I think Bud tried to stick to 7 or 8 players, as well as playing his core 5 as much as possible in the final must win 2 out of 3 games.

Go Hawks! I really don't want to face Embiid and the Sixers, not to mention that we would have home court advantage against the Hawks!

Yeah I think Embiid is the best player on either team outside of Gianis so to avoid contending with him would be nice...Go Hawks

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wasn't that impressed by either the Hawks or the 76'ers. I hate to be too confident though, because I wasn't very confident that we would get by the Nets. Of course, I didn't expect both Harden and Kyrie to go down with injuries!

Always nice to have 4 games (if needed) at home, but the Hawks have played really well on the road in the playoffs.

Time to get back to Bucks Basketball and get some good rotational team work in, including seeing more bench players.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Never in a million did I see the Bucks beating the Nets. Were the Nets at full strength, probably a different outcome - but, I'll take it.

Being a nattering nabob of negativism, I wonder if the Bucks will be granted more good fortune against the Hawks. The Bucks were so out-coached it was God's finger reaching down and touching them.

Now ... next up.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not basing this off of any hard cold facts, but I will give Bud credit for not putting his starters out on the court for as long as some coaches seem to. I think this has a 3 prong effect. First, it might help to prevent injuries. Second, it keeps them a bit fresher in game for that 4th Q and if necessary OT. Third, by the time they get to the playoffs, which is a second grueling season in itself, they may have more in the tank.

The Bucks appear to be the healthiest of the teams left in the playoffs and that is what helped them to win the Nets series. Let's hope it continues right on through to bringing home the Larry O'Brien Trophy!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts