Bucks VS Nets

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I got all excited when Harden left the game early with his hamstring injury flaring up again. Even with just average nights from KD and Kyrie the Nets roll to an easy win against the ultra flat Bucks. Maybe a week off hurt the Bucks? They looked terrible tonight. Poor shooting, way too many mistakes and they seemed to be totally rushing their shots. Bench hardly scored until garage time. Middleton once again doesn't step up for a big game.

Bud needs to prepare them for game #2 and if its without Harden, the Bucks caught a big break.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
To bad. Hope they step it up in game 2.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bud needs to play his stars 40 min a game and quit playing around...I agree Middleton although he did have 13 rebs needs to score more than 13 points. He couldn't even make free throws. I did notice a big knot on his forehead...

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unwatchable...zero defense, traveling, constant palming the ball, and officials asleep...same old nba...reminds me of professional wrestling, at least the wrestlers admit to it being a show.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Same as 1st miami game. They had to much time off. Miami didnt have the offense to take charge like nets

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unwatchable...zero defense, traveling, constant palming the ball, and officials asleep...same old nba...reminds me of professional wrestling, at least the wrestlers admit to it being a show.

I agree...the thing that most bothers me about the refs...is that they take into account how many fouls the stars have. Kevin Durant committed multiple fouls while he had 4 and each time...crickets

But yes it's definitely sports as entertainment, not scripted to the point of WWE. But I don't think most people care. They sure don't with wrestling....I've worked with people who get done watching the wrestlers practice the coreography backstage before they go on and then turn around and tell me it's not fake the next sentence

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Harden is out for game #2 and who knows if he will be back for any games of this series. I was worried that the Bucks wouldn't get out of this series, but that is the break they needed.

Keys to Game #2:

-No more letting Blake Griffin have open 3 point shots, get out there and contest them.

- Set up the offense. Bucks looked very disorganized on offense in game #1. Way too often rushing their shots, very little passing.

- Middleton needs to play much better. This guy seems to take a game or two off from time to time. Can't do that in the playoffs.

- Bench: Really a pathetic showing from the bench in Game #1. Tucker was about the only guy who actually did anything.

-Free Throws: 57.9% FT shooting is going to get you knocked out of the playoffs fast. So embarrassing watching the Bucks shoot free throws. Of course, not much of a surprise, the Bucks finished 24th in the league, but at least shot 75.7%. I love Giannis, but in the off season, I hope he scraps working on his 3 point shot, until he actually can become a better FT shooter.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah this free throw thing is crazy to men...I think the bucks steal this one in NY because I don't see them shooting so poorly again

You're right Harden being out is a break the bucks really need to take advantage of

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You're right Harden being out is a break the bucks really need to take advantage of
Agree. I failed to mention Bud in my last post. It is really on him and his coaching staff to straighten that crap out from game 1 and adjust to knowing that Harden isn't playing. Now I realize that Bud doesn't shoot the ball, but the Bucks really looked poorly coached on Sat. night. If Bud looses this series, I think some of the whispering about his job being on the line might actually come true.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree. I failed to mention Bud in my last post. It is really on him and his coaching staff to straighten that crap out from game 1 and adjust to knowing that Harden isn't playing. Now I realize that Bud doesn't shoot the ball, but the Bucks really looked poorly coached on Sat. night. If Bud looses this series, I think some of the whispering about his job being on the line might actually come true.
To much time off...same as miami..I think they come out on fire

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah the people I was watching the game felt the same way. It did seem like they weren't ready or were confused or something, just sloppy...

I'm not out here just trying to get people fired haha but I agree on bud.

I'm optimistic though I think the bucks are gonna win tonight I think they'll have a better plan be more organized and shoot better

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That was about as ugly of a Quarter as I have seen. This keeps up, Bud should be fired at halftime. Bucks once again not passing or moving the ball around. Totally unprepared.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

That was about THE :poop:iest game I have watched in a long time.

Not one guy, including the coach showed up in Brooklyn.

I'm finally seeing why people have been saying that Bud is just not a good playoff coach. Once again, zero in game adjustments. Just keep saying "the shots will go down"...Bud.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I was way wrong thinking they were gonna win...I guess I was just hoping

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah I was way wrong thinking they were gonna win...I guess I was just hoping
I'm not giving up yet. I think we will see a better Bucks team in Milwaukee. But yes, I think there were a few people here that thought the Bucks were much better than what they have shown in the first 2 games. As well as totally underestimating what the Nets were capable of. I still think they are the best team in the NBA with Harden and without him, they still look damn good. The Blake Griffin pickup in March was really a smart move on their part.

The Bucks have to win the next 2 home games and get this to a 7 game series. Which still means they still have to steal a road game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bud and the Bucks are in a bad place. Oddly, Bud had the same stuff in Atlanta and I don't get it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not giving up yet. I think we will see a better Bucks team in Milwaukee. But yes, I think there were a few people here that thought the Bucks were much better than what they have shown in the first 2 games. As well as totally underestimating what the Nets were capable of. I still think they are the best team in the NBA with Harden and without him, they still look damn good. The Blake Griffin pickup in March was really a smart move on their part.

The Bucks have to win the next 2 home games and get this to a 7 game series. Which still means they still have to steal a road game.
Don't pay much attention to basketball, just follow the Bucks on paper from force of habit. However, wanted to check on the second paragraph. If each team, from this point, wins their home games, it WILL be a 7 game series, won't it? For the Bucks to WIN a 7 game series, THEN they have to steal a road game?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't pay much attention to basketball, just follow the Bucks on paper from force of habit. However, wanted to check on the second paragraph. If each team, from this point, wins their home games, it WILL be a 7 game series, won't it? For the Bucks to WIN a 7 game series, THEN they have to steal a road game?
Correct, which is always the case for the road team if they want to win a series. Point is, they got completely blown out in both road games, so even if they can come back and win 2 straight in Milwaukee, they still have to win 2 out of the next 3 games and 2 of those are also in Brooklyn. It is doable but winning 4 out of 5 games against a team like the Nets, good luck.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dude Kevin Durant is for me better than LeBron James...realized this watching the game yesterday. They almost let him tie the game at the end I mean he was that close to making that shot...

Yeah I was kinda hoping the bucks had picked dude up in the buyout not sure if they had the ability to afford griffen, I don't know the cap rules

Definitely agree I thought the bucks had it when Harden went out. I was wrong but they still can win. That's 1 down 1 to go to hold serve

I was at the game yesterday it was nerve wracking and im not even a real fan...haha way too close. I hope they can put together a nice blowout in game 4

Also Packers note saw Z.Smith and A. Jones hanging out together that's a good sign ...I should of asked if they were bringing Rodgers in Sunday...

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude Kevin Durant is for me better than LeBron James...realized this watching the game yesterday. They almost let him tie the game at the end I mean he was that close to making that shot...

Yeah I was kinda hoping the bucks had picked dude up in the buyout not sure if they had the ability to afford griffen, I don't know the cap rules

Definitely agree I thought the bucks had it when Harden went out. I was wrong but they still can win. That's 1 down 1 to go to hold serve

I was at the game yesterday it was nerve wracking and im not even a real fan...haha way too close. I hope they can put together a nice blowout in game 4

Also Packers note saw Z.Smith and A. Jones hanging out together that's a good sign ...I should of asked if they were bringing Rodgers in Sunday...
A win is a win. I'll take it.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

They showed Z Dog and Jones a few times during the telecast, don't think they ever identified them, but I knew who they were. Very cool that you were at the game, must have been awesome to hear that roar of the crowd again first hand!

I agree with you on KD, he can be a real assassin and to me has by far been the MVP of this series so far.

I love Giannis but he just needs to scrap the 3 pointers and for gods sake, learn how to shoot free throws in under 10 seconds.

Middleton finally came through last night, but he still gives the ball up too many times.

Bucks are not getting enough offense from Holiday, Lopez and the bench. Crazy on how the points split out last night, but hammers home just how average the Bucks are outside of Giannis and Middleton.

Giannis and Middleton: 68 points
Rest of Team (7 players): 18 points

Was nice to get a win, but the Bucks benefited by a really poor shooting 1st Q. Brooklyn team. I think Brooklyn wins this in 6 and maybe even 5 if they win this next game.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roar of the crowd was awesome!!! Especially the one that hit me was the one I couldn't see the court when I heard it...early in the game. I was like wow!!! What could have happened haha

I'll be there Sunday too hoping to be part of another win to ensure game 6

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Definitely a couple of Bucks fans! It will be interesting to see if Rodgers shows up for any games, I doubt it. If he is done with the Packers, will he quickly be selling his share of the Bucks?

Back to Z Dog and AJ having fun!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts