Bucks VS Celtics 7 Game Series

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bucks defense went to sleep tonight, gave up way to many easy points in the paint. Not excited about Bud using George Hill more or when he put Hill, PC and Allen all on the court at the same time? That was the turning point of the 4th Q. For the first time in the series I really missed Middleton.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bucks defense went to sleep tonight, gave up way to many easy points in the paint. Not excited about Bud using George Hill more or when he put Hill, PC and Allen all on the court at the same time? That was the turning point of the 4th Q. For the first time in the series I really missed Middleton.
Celtics went off on fg

Thats all it took

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Celtics went off on fg

Thats all it took
When you don't guard well or cut off the lanes to the basket, that is what happens. I think Bud tried to get too cute out there with his lineup of 3 guards and 2 bigs. They looked confused at times and just didn't play well as a group of 5 on the court should. A key stat to look at is assists. Celtics dominated 25-18 and it showed. Too many times the Bucks would go down the court and just put up a shot, with no passing. Meanwhile, the Celtics kept finding the open man or the mismatch and passed it to him. I know these guys want to win, but sometimes it feels like Bud is just trying to rotate too many players in. This is the playoffs, win or go home, play your best 6-7 guys for most of the minutes. While I like George Hill, I would rather see Portis in there a lot more than George. Portis has been playing really well, not sure why Bud is playing him less this series.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When you don't guard well or cut off the lanes to the basket, that is what happens. I think Bud tried to get too cute out there with his lineup of 3 guards and 2 bigs. They looked confused at times and just didn't play well as a group of 5 on the court should. A key stat to look at is assists. Celtics dominated 25-18 and it showed. Too many times the Bucks would go down the court and just put up a shot, with no passing. Meanwhile, the Celtics kept finding the open man or the mismatch and passed it to him. I know these guys want to win, but sometimes it feels like Bud is just trying to rotate too many players in. This is the playoffs, win or go home, play your best 6-7 guys for most of the minutes. While I like George Hill, I would rather see Portis in there a lot more than George. Portis has been playing really well, not sure why Bud is playing him less this series.
No middleton might be *might* be some of the reasoning

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No middleton might be *might* be some of the reasoning
Yes and No. The biggest knock against Bud is his inability to make in-game changes. Which is why I think that the Celtics have had 3 games in a row where they totally dominated the 4th Q, scoring 32 points more than the Bucks. Last night, Ime Udoka saw that the Bucks weren't guarding the lanes/paint very well and totally took advantage of it. I would love to know how many uncontested shots the Celtics got in the game/4th Q. Bud will watch the film and adjust, but the Celtics will game plan something else and it will be up to Bud to adapt or get ready to go home.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was at work couldnt see it

But
Yes and No. The biggest knock against Bud is his inability to make in-game changes. Which is why I think that the Celtics have had 3 games in a row where they totally dominated the 4th Q, scoring 32 points more than the Bucks. Last night, Ime Udoka saw that the Bucks weren't guarding the lanes/paint very well and totally took advantage of it. I would love to know how many uncontested shots the Celtics got in the game/4th Q. Bud will watch the film and adjust, but the Celtics will game plan something else and it will be up to Bud to adapt or get ready to go home.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bud left Bobby P in the game!!!!!! What a fooking game that was! I thought the Bucks were toast! Bloodied and battered Giannis!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've watched the last 5 minutes of the game 3 times now....destiny tonight for the Bucks. You could feel the 4th Q momentum shift, but it seemed like the Celtics just kept doing enough to win. Not tonight!

RIP Bob Lanier

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've watched the last 5 minutes of the game 3 times now....destiny tonight for the Bucks. You could feel the 4th Q momentum shift, but it seemed like the Celtics just kept doing enough to win. Not tonight!

RIP Bob Lanier
Lanier helped... Most fans gave up when down dbl digits.
This is why I never ever give up on any game.

Middleton is very close to playing and may play limited

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think out coached. I think holiday and blooded Greek have been way to tired in 4th.

People seem (not you but in general) to forget Boston had best record since 1st week of Jan

They are really good..and seem to make buckets while on their back, and eyes closed

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I dont think out coached. I think holiday and blooded Greek have been way to tired in 4th.

People seem (not you but in general) to forget Boston had best record since 1st week of Jan

They are really good..and seem to make buckets while on their back, and eyes closed
No doubt that Boston has been the best team (record wise) in the second half of the season. Once Lopez came back, most Bucks fans thought he would help out a lot. He's been good and bad in his return. Right now, I prefer the lineup of Giannis, Portis, Holiday, Matthew's and rotate in either Pat C or Allen.

This was probably the series I feared the most in the East for the Bucks, especially without Middleton. Both teams have played really well, but I think the Bucks are more talented across the board, even without Middleton. Winning 2 of 3 in Boston has been awesome. They have to have one if the whinniest fan bases and I'm sure they are crying over tonight's results.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Also have to put in a plug for the Celtic players as being one of the biggest group of bad actors in the playoffs. Smart on both of these awesome defensive plays by Holiday thought he was fouled.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think I might buy a Holiday jersey. Quite the game - talk about going thru the full range of emotions.

I'm going to be spending a few more eternities in purgatory for my naughty language last night.

Anyway, from half-way to Hades, "Go Bucks in 6"

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
CBS Sports is still seemingly of the opinion that if the Champs win, it's because the Celtics "gave it away"... it's actually kinda funny when you read news articles the way I do.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
CBS Sports is still seemingly of the opinion that if the Champs win, it's because the Celtics "gave it away"... it's actually kinda funny when you read news articles the way I do.
Yeah. Boston fans are mad at their Celtics and the Refs for "giving it away". Anyone watching that game knows that the Bucks "took that game away."

Members online

Latest posts