Bucks VS Celtics 7 Game Series

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bucks seemed to turn on the light switch against the Bulls and blew them out in the final 3 games. They definitely needed some rest before taking on the Celtics. Middleton is still out with a sprained MCL, so the bench will continue to need to pick up the slack. I actually thought the Bucks played better in those final 3 games, without Middleton. Khris is a really good player, but at times I think the Bucks lean on him too hard and he can come out and have a bad game. Bobby Portis and Grayson Allen put in some really good minutes against the Bulls and I see them doing the same against the Celtics.

This is going to be a tough series, but I think the Bucks win it in 7.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nice opening punch to the face by the Bucks! Can the Celtics fall down and play hurt anymore than they did today? I think the Bucks just sent a message to the rest of the league, "We are still the Champions!"

Bucks now have home court advantage!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Can the Celtics fall down and play hurt anymore than they did today?
I noticed that too. Mentioned it to my wife as she ambled by ... she muttered "real exciting". For crying out loud ... she had Hallmark movie on upstairs.

Anyway, I don't ever remember seeing so many professional athletes flopping. They should be embarrassed

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was waiting for the Waaaambulance to come out after a couple of them.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Man, perhaps they were a few
isolated East Coast writers and talking heads, but according to them, the Celtics just gave away game 1.

It's not as though the Bucks are the denying NBA Champs or anything.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Man, perhaps they were a few
isolated East Coast writers and talking heads, but according to them, the Celtics just gave away game 1.

It's not as though the Bucks are the denying NBA Champs or anything.
I "love" to listen to the excuses. "The Celtics just weren't ready to play the Bucks". "The Bucks defense is much better than the Nets defense, so the Celtics didn't make the necessary adjustments between teams." Aren't these guys professionals? Isn't this the playoffs?

The Bucks came to play in Game 1 and dominated from start to finish. Will that happen in the games to come? I doubt it, but if the Bucks can play tonight, like they did Sunday, the Celtics could find themselves traveling to Milwaukee down 2-0.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd like to see Greek get 20 and the Bucks win. See how easy I am?
The great thing about Giannis.....he would be just fine with that for every game. I feel fortunate to be able to witness this guys career. I think eventually, he will supplant Michael as the greatest of all time.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Halfway through 2nd qtr... Celtics have the touch right now. Bucks looking kinda silly but Boston has a lot to do with that... they're focused boy....

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Seemed like a foul was called on every other possession. Physical teams, but some of the ticky tack calls weren't necessay. This was the kind of game I expected for all 7 of them. Winning on Monday to go up 3-1 would be HUGE!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I hope the Bucks take away any Celtic hopes of a bounce-back game on Monday. The reporters on CBS Sports are just heartbroken that Boston is behind.

I missed this game. My wife seems to think that when the weekend rolls around that I should just be "changing employers" -- something to do with some kind of "special day" for Moms today? Seems like EVERY female in my life believes that they are my Mom. Well, I've been a real "mother" longer than they have - yet, do I get a special day??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ....

So, I missed the game. From what I've read, sounds like another round of bumper bodies. I like that kind of game - I played basketball in high school for a while. Was a pretty good shot. I'd have 15 points half way through the 3rd quarter but I'd be fouled out. Basketball season always started RIGHT after football season ended...and I hated the end of football season so I just couldn't help myself. :):sneaky:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes, another very physical game, with lots of Celtic players laying on the ground, appearing as if they had just been shot and on their death beds. I thought Soccer was full of actors, but these Celtic players are clowns. I think instead of calling offensive charging, the refs need to start calling "unnecessary and offensive overacting" every time they hit the hardwood. Both teams continue to play solid defense and the physical play is going to be a side effect, the refs just need to let them play through it more IMO. Then again, it won't surprise me at all if a bench clearing fight breaks out in one of the next 2 games.

Members online

Latest posts