Bucks v. Suns -- NBA Championship

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey!! Did you guys hear the Bucks are playing for the NBA title -- first stop here since 1974. I was 15. Go Bucks!!

Yeah, I saw Oscar, Bobby D. and Lew Alcindor/Kareem play together.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yes. It sure is. I'm reminded of the 96-97 Packers AND Giannis is now a game time deciscion.

Go Bucks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Holiday is really good at ******* me off. He was supposed to be better than Bledsoe, but he is just like him. He has one big game or quarter and plays like crap the rest of the time.

Booker and Paul are schooling Holiday and Middleton, so until Holiday gets consistent, the Bucks are not much better than they were with Bledsoe.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I
Holiday is really good at ******* me off. He was supposed to be better than Bledsoe, but he is just like him. He has one big game or quarter and plays like crap the rest of the time.

Booker and Paul are schooling Holiday and Middleton, so until Holiday gets consistent, the Bucks are not much better than they were with Bledsoe.
Yes. Really one of underlying factors in that 1st game was the lack of production from Holiday. If he puts up a respectable 20 points per game area, we would’ve been very much in that game.
In addition, I don’t think Giannis is 100% though (superior job rebounding though)
I think he needed a game or 2 to get in his groove. Remember how Tre Young changed in his first game back for Atlanta? A little more production from Holiday and a little from Giannis and the Bucks can get right back in this.

On a side note. The Suns went 25-26 at the FT line. That’s likely not sustainable and that was a definitive factor in game one. The Bucks need to shoot better than 56% from the FT line, that’s near paltry level.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
On a side note. The Suns went 25-26 at the FT line. That’s likely not sustainable and that was a definitive factor in game one. The Bucks need to shoot better than 56% from the FT line, that’s near paltry level.
In a nutshell this is what is wrong with this Bucks team, as well as the previous 2 seasons, they consistently underperform. Not sure if you put that on coaching, the players or both. But come on, Holiday continues to put up stinker performances and the free throws by the whole team during clutch time suck.

Yes, we are in the finals, but we were also aided by injuries to other teams star players to get there. This team is so capable of beating anyone, unfortunately the key players aren't always playing consistently as great as they are capable of.

I give credit to the Suns and their defense, but nobody is defending you at the free throw line.

Side note, how many shots did the Bucks miss right under the basket last night? I remember several plays where it was like 1-3 tip in attempts and the ball would do everything but go in.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until a certain someone can make a damn free throw, I ain't watchin'. MVP? What a joke.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In a nutshell this is what is wrong with this Bucks team, as well as the previous 2 seasons, they consistently underperform. Not sure if you put that on coaching, the players or both. But come on, Holiday continues to put up stinker performances and the free throws by the whole team during clutch time suck.

Yes, we are in the finals, but we were also aided by injuries to other teams star players to get there. This team is so capable of beating anyone, unfortunately the key players aren't always playing consistently as great as they are capable of.

I give credit to the Suns and their defense, but nobody is defending you at the free throw line.

Side note, how many shots did the Bucks miss right under the basket last night? I remember several plays where it was like 1-3 tip in attempts and the ball would do everything but go in.
Think I heard they only had 21 points in the paint..average 40??

And ft att compared to the Suns.. Horrible

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Think I heard they only had 21 points in the paint..average 40??

And ft att compared to the Suns.. Horrible

Sounds about right, the Bucks are a much better team when they are working the paint. Now as I said in another post, they had way too many "paint shots" hang on the rim and roll out, it really was like the Suns had rigged the rims! :roflmao:

I heard some conversations from the pundits after the game about the huge difference in Free throw attempts. They both said something to the effect that "Home team was getting the calls that night, but when that happens, you have to play more physical on offense and start getting some yourself." Here again I hold Bud accountable for not huddling the guys up and saying "We are getting screwed out their on foul calls, starting trying to draw some when we have the ball, get aggressive."

Let's hope Bud and the players studied the film hard and make some changes tonight, Holiday needs to have a much better game, as do Giannis, Tucker and Portis.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can we trade Holiday at halftime for a beer? Good defensive player, but he is just killing the Bucks on the offensive end.

Reaction score
Can we trade Holiday at halftime for a beer? Good defensive player, but he is just killing the Bucks on the offensive end.
Yes. For an Old Milwaukee lightweight.
I mean light.
Giannis did his part, but he can’t win this alone. Someone else needs to rise up (like Lopez did last series).

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Fire everyone
Except Giannis ;)

Bud looked like he we toying with different lineups like it was the regular season. Portis had some stellar games against the Hawks and now he plays less than Forbes or Teague? Come on Bud!

It is really disappointing to see some of the individual performances by some of the Bucks starters from game to game. Middleton was the dead weight tonight.

It actually looked like the Suns were totally toying with the Bucks all night. Anytime the Bucks got close, the Suns got serious and stretched the lead out again. Meanwhile the Bucks get within 5-7, have the ball and turn it over or take a really bad shot.

I am hopeful that it will be a different story at home for the next 2 games, but Middleton and Holiday both have to play much more consistently to win 4 games from the Suns.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Have to ask because you guys are more tuned in than I, so I'm wondering as I'm watching, before I couldn't anymore, are the Bucks not matching up well with these guys? - talent wise?

I had the same feeling as the comment before that it sure looked like the Suns were toying with the Bucks. Swatting them around like a cat with a catnip toy.

I'm just not seeing anything to make me think that 2 at Fiserv is going to make a difference. I'm seeing the same crap I saw against Vancouver a couple of years back.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still shocked Giannis is playing so well when he had that nasty knee injury. Of course hes not getting any help from anyone else and that's why they are down 2. Giannis can only do so much...

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to ask because you guys are more tuned in than I, so I'm wondering as I'm watching, before I couldn't anymore, are the Bucks not matching up well with these guys? - talent wise?

I had the same feeling as the comment before that it sure looked like the Suns were toying with the Bucks. Swatting them around like a cat with a catnip toy.

I'm just not seeing anything to make me think that 2 at Fiserv is going to make a difference. I'm seeing the same crap I saw against Vancouver a couple of years back.
They are both evenly-matched and on paper this is a 7 game series all day. The Bucks have won 1 playoff road game thus year and lost 1 home game. I'm logically not worried at all

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
on paper this is a 7 game series all day.
Wish those first 2 games were played on paper and not on actual hardwood. We might not have folded so bad. ;)

We may need an injury to Paul, Booker or both to bail us out of this one....there, I said it.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are both evenly-matched and on paper this is a 7 game series all day. The Bucks have won 1 playoff road game thus year and lost 1 home game. I'm logically not worried at all
Don't follow all that closely, but was there one game in the BKN series that the visitors won, two in the MIA series, and three in the ATL series?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't follow all that closely, but was there one game in the BKN series that the visitors won, two in the MIA series, and three in the ATL series?
Yeah, but on paper that never happens ;)

In Game 2, Bucks players not named Giannis were 27-for-71 from the field in this game, which just isn't going to get it done.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said, I pretty much just follow the results, but I thought
was incorrect and wanted to see where I went wrong. If not worrying is based on the home team winning, I think the optimism is misplaced. Nothing more to it.

Reaction score
Well. I know I’m often the optimist so with that in mind.
I believe lifting some good solid prayers and get a home win and God willing? This whole thing doesn’t look so tough starting at 1-2 and playing at home game 4.
Let’s go Bucks! Let’s bring it back to life!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anyone notice when Chris Paul was out, the Suns didn't play well at all?

Jeff Teague can ride the Bucks bench the rest of this series, so tired of him.

Members online

Latest posts