1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bucks Trade Away Tj for Charlie ...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackOne, Jul 1, 2006.

?

Do you like the Bucks trade of TJ for Charlie

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Just thought I'd get some feedback on the the Bucks trading away TJ Ford for Charlie Villanueva. I personally think it is a great trade that will allow Bogut to move to center - and leave us with a solid PF that can stretch the court. Look out for a Magloire trade,

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    jamall trade is already in the works... been reported a few places... im excited

3. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think its a very even trade for both teams. Villanueva is a young talent, and TJ Ford proved last year that he is a great PG. They both are great young players

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Take it from a raptors fan, you guys got a heck of a guy in CV3 (Charlie's nickname). But the only problem is, there were reports that his attitude was turning into Antoine Walker's, and that was a cause for concern.

I am excited about TJ. We haven't had a capable pg since Alvin got injured. I still think if the Suns are any measure, then TJ will be just amazing in our new system.

Only problem with this is that I hope they aren't considering moving Bargnani to SF, and now they have about 10 million to land a good SF (Al Harrington, Bonzi Wells, James Posey).

5. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This was a great trade for the Bucks. We lost an expendable PG in TJ Ford cuz we had an overwhelming amount of talent a the point in TJ, Mo, and Bell. I always believed Mo was the best of the group and Bell really came into his own last year. So, yes, TJ was certainly expendable. And who did we pick up for him...only a player I believe is not far from an All-Star game. Check out some highlights on CV, you'll be impressed. Anyway, I'm a happy Bucks fan right now. Let's just wait and see what Larry can get for Jamaal. It's looking good Bucks fans.

6. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Minnisucks, CV3 was a non-factor for a LOT of the time he was on the court. You aren't getting a player who is about to be an allstar, he is far from it. He has very minimal court sense, and often times wasn't sure what to do without the ball in his hands.

And his D leaves a LOT to be desired. He was a couple of steps slow, and the worst part is he couldn't seem to catch on as the year went on. He became lazier on the Defensive end, and that was VERY troubling.

There were reports that he was having an attitude like Walker, and that is a big red flag.

7. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I didn't know he was having attitude problems. If that's the case then smack me in the face and call me Jebediah.

8. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I won't say you guys got robbed. No. You guys got a heck of a player, because as his 48 point performance proved, if CV3 ever gets "it" and can lean to move consistently without the ball, then he WILL become an allstar. However that game was the anomaly.

I still think his D is the worse problem. Sam told Charlie to go out and play pick up ball, learn to improve his agility and trust his natural instincts of D, instead Charlie goes to workout with a couple of other NBA rookies. When Bosh went down, he had the attitude of "I'm all they got left", and often times would end up chucking.

But Sam was a young coach, and lets face it the raps were terrible on D. If you can get a coach to work with Charlie, then you'll be in good shape.

Charlie was pissed about all those who doubted him, and he was out to prove a point 3/4 of last season. Then A. Smith said he was wrong, and Charlie was legit, well Charlie started to slack off. That was very dissapointing and sad to see.