Bucks Playoffs

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hope this is the first post in a long line of posts as some of us follow the Bucks and what could be an exciting run to a potential NBA title!

A great way to kick it off tonight with a DOMINATING 35 point win over the Pistons. The margin of victory could have been much higher, but Coach Bud wisely only played Giannis 23 minutes and got the other 4 starters some rest as well.
  • Giannis looked like the MVP of the NBA.
  • Nikola Mirotić was back playing and looked rusty, a good series for him to get back into shape.
  • Thon Maker. Any Bucks fan who was sorry to see him traded to the Pistons, feels much better tonight, he looked terrible IMO.
Greek Freak or what?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1117589745213816832

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucks in 4? I'm thinking 2 1/2. I doubt they come out at half time in the 3rd game. just send a ball boy out with a white flag.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bucks in 4? I'm thinking 2 1/2. I doubt they come out at half time in the 3rd game. just send a ball boy out with a white flag.

LOL.....I was thinking last night when they were up by 40+ points in the 3rd quarter, "Does the NBA have a little league rule that ends a game when its just a beat down?"

Definitely helped the Bucks that Piston star Blake Griffin didn't play, but I doubt he makes a big enough difference, the Bucks are just a far better team than the Pistons are. I also just read that Griffin could miss the entire series due to his knee. His frustration was apparent last night when he took a technical foul from the bench.

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/04/15/blake-griffin-report-miss-series-bucks-pistons

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL.....I was thinking last night when they were up by 40+ points in the 3rd quarter, "Does the NBA have a little league rule that ends a game when its just a beat down?"

Definitely helped the Bucks that Piston star Blake Griffin didn't play, but I doubt he makes a big enough difference, the Bucks are just a far better team than the Pistons are. I also just read that Griffin could miss the entire series due to his knee. His frustration was apparent last night when he took a technical foul from the bench.

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/04/15/blake-griffin-report-miss-series-bucks-pistons

Ha ha, mercy ruled!

This team could win it all to be honest. They look good and have been looking good all year.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How big a deal is the still-injured Buck player? When's he coming back, and how much does his absence mean?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How big a deal is the still-injured Buck player? When's he coming back, and how much does his absence mean?
Brogdon? A big deal, but not critical. Bucks have 3 big guys who are good shots from deep, Giannis who is great who mans the boards and can drive to the hoop, then you have Brogden and Bledsoe who are shorter guys, good shots, and can gracefully slide in for layups. Creates a very unique offense that you try and focus on one player and you become vulnerable for another. They have very complimentary attacking styles that the bucks specialize in, and Bledsoe cant carry the whole thing.

He should be back during the next series.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Malcolm Brogdon is a very good player. Kind of a jack of all trades when he is in there, good on both offense and defense. He averaged 28.6 minutes/game and 15.6 pts/game, so a nice chess piece to have back.

They think he will be ready to go by the second series. However, as we saw last night with Mirotić, who sat a lot less time, he may be a bit rusty.

Fortunately for the Bucks, George Hill has been playing well, as has most of the bench for that matter. So if Brogdon can't come back or is rusty, I think they will be fine. Personally, I think the Bucks have one of the deepest benches in the NBA, which along with Giannis and coach Bud, has contributed greatly to their success.

I am hoping the Bucks can resign Brodgon, who is scheduled to be a restricted Free agent when the season ends.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. Haven't followed the NBA for a long time, so I only have a broad-brush knowledge. Just think it's great that our small-market team is doing so well and don't want to see them miss knocking off the big boys because of crippling injuries (and, long term, not being able to hold on to Giannis.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Guess who was spotted at the Bucks game? Maybe there to start his research on why Giannis is a bad teammate and leader

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The pistons really aren't a good team and Thon doesn't belong o the same court as the Freak. Boston looms and that's a tough match up?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The pistons really aren't a good team and Thon doesn't belong o the same court as the Freak. Boston looms and that's a tough match up?
Yup and its a good thing the Bucks traded Thon to the Pistons at the trade deadline. He's been kind of a disappointed since 2016 when the Bucks used the 10th pick in the draft on him.

Reaction score

Am I the only one who thinks Rodgers is going for the Freddie Mercury look when he grows that Stache?
Guess who was spotted at the Bucks game? Maybe there to start his research on why Giannis is a bad teammate and leader

Go Bucks!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks to Aaron himself, Bucks Pat Connaughton barely avoided a roughing the Passer penalty on Wednesday night.

Imagine if PC had actually run into Rodgers and injured him! :eek:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Am I the only one who thinks Rodgers is going for the Freddie Mercury look when he grows that Stache?

Go Bucks!

LOL.....#12 has had so many facial hair looks over the years, that I am starting to wonder if he is secretly filming a Documentary, maybe to be released after he retires: "Aaron Rodgers, The Legend, The ManScaper"

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Go Bucks. They're doing what they're supposed to do.
Yup a great team can continue to play great even when their best player isn't having his best game. Giannis was well defensed by the Pistons tonight and seemed a bit off, but the other 4 starters, as well as the bench proved just how incredibly deep this team is. Ersan hitting 3 straight 3's in less than 2 minutes, to me was huge. Totally took the air out of the Pistons and their noisy crowd. Middleton, Bledsoe and Lopez just keep quietly doing their thing.

Absolutely love watching the Bucks right now, playing such unselfish basketball.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup a great team can continue to play great even when their best player isn't having his best game. Giannis was well defensed by the Pistons tonight and seemed a bit off, but the other 4 starters, as well as the bench proved just how incredibly deep this team is. Ersan hitting 3 straight 3's in less than 2 minutes, to me was huge. Totally took the air out of the Pistons and their noisy crowd. Middleton, Bledsoe and Lopez just keep quietly doing their thing.

Absolutely love watching the Bucks right now, playing such unselfish basketball.

And Malcolm Brogdon is due back for the second round, which will be Boston.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And Malcolm Brogdon is due back for the second round, which will be Boston.

Fingers crossed. Brogden is another nice chess piece to have. Seems almost unfair to the rest of the league huh? :D

It will be interesting to see how long it takes Brogden to shake off the rust of sitting out more than a month. His body should be fresh and I am sure he is anxious to get back in their with his team.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nothing like 2 fly by Red X's with no dialogue, from a person who hasn't posted once in this thread. :rolleyes:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Nothing like 2 fly by Red X's with no dialogue, from a person who hasn't posted once in this thread. :rolleyes:

You probably said something snotty on the George Forman grill forum and they're stalking you via your digital footprint.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I was drinking and missed the agree or whatever the the green chechmark is since I agree with what you posted. I think I was either on my iPad or phone but I am enjoying the Bucks run and absolutely agree with what you posted. So sorry.

Members online

Latest posts