Bucks open tonight

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you still sure the Bucks are legit?

While an exciting first game and a win in OT, the Bucks didn't look anything like a Championship team to me. 62% FT shooting and 16% on three's, they are going to have to do better than that, just to get by Miami. While an entertaining game, was rather frustrating to watch the Bucks just not being able to play a consistent game. One time down the court they look like a great team, next time down awful and that is on both sides of the ball.

They also need to tell Giannis to pass the ball when the other team is in "foul mode". 6-13 from the charity stripe is just not acceptable.

Was just wondering why the Disagree with the above. Don't watch the games, just follow the team on paper as an old force of habit, but this seems like a pretty reasonable eval. Which part(s) of it doesn't ring true?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Was just wondering why the Disagree with the above. Don't watch the games, just follow the team on paper as an old force of habit, but this seems like a pretty reasonable eval. Which part(s) of it doesn't ring true?

Agreed and I run into posters like that occasionally, challenge them with facts that rebute their opinion and the big Red X's come out....which this post will probably get one, just because....he can.

Personally, I prefer using the Red X sparingly and only when a poster is so off target, it almost needs to stand out.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagreed with the statement that there is no where it go but up. That assumes that they are on the bottom and I think they are far from it......

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I disagreed with the statement that there is no where it go but up. That assumes that they are on the bottom and I think they are far from it......

Actually, I was teasing you about a statement that you made and is made far too often about the Bucks. You said "they will get better from here" or some will say "they just need more melding time". If you look at their playoff performances over the last 2 seasons, the opposite has happened.

So no, I wasn't trying to say that they are at the bottom, they were the #3 seed in the East. I just have gotten tired of waiting for them to "turn on the jets", "ratch it up a notch", "play playoff basketball". Which if you recall, is what the Heat did last year and the Bucks didn't. I also do not think they looked like an NBA Championship caliber team yesterday. I sure hope that they ......find that second gear. However, I will not hold my collective breath that they do.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I was teasing you about a statement that you made and is made far too often about the Bucks. You said "they will get better from here" or some will say "they just need more melding time". If you look at their playoff performances over the last 2 seasons, the opposite has happened.

So no, I wasn't trying to say that they are at the bottom, they were the #3 seed in the East. I just have gotten tired of waiting for them to "turn on the jets", "ratch it up a notch", "play playoff basketball". Which if you recall, is what the Heat did last year and the Bucks didn't. I also do not think they looked like an NBA Championship caliber team yesterday. I sure hope that they ......find that second gear. However, I will not hold my collective breath that they do.
I also said the statement in a similar vein to “ GO BUCKS GO”!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Now THAT was a Championship type performance tonight in Game 2. Deadly 3 point shooting, 90% from the cherry stripe and just all around spirited play. Forbes was electric and deadly with his 3 pointers. If they can get back to a lot of bench points and consistent play by the starting 4, they will give the Nets a good run for their money.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucks playing bad and Heat playing good, close bucks victory.

Bucks playing good and Heat playing bad, Bucks dominate.

Seems something lit a fire under them. Let's hope they keep it up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bucks playing bad and Heat playing good, close bucks victory.

Bucks playing good and Heat playing bad, Bucks dominate.

Seems something lit a fire under them. Let's hope they keep it up.

Agreed on keeping it going and the difference between playing good and bad, as well as your opponent doing the same. As easy as it would be to say "nobody can beat that team", I have seen the Bucks dominate one night and the next night sh*t the bed.

Going to Miami will be tough and a good test. I think the return of fans, is a huge advantage right now for the home team. These players haven't had loud energy in a building in quite awhile and that could amplify its effects on both teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts