Bucks going nuclear on Miami

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Last two games -- complete and total annihilation by the Bucks on the Heat.

In my casual "NBA fan-ness", I'd put it squarely in the defense's win column. Offensively, the Bucks seem a little pedestrian but defensively, the Bucks are, for lack of a better term, biotch slapping Miami.

Question: Are the Bucks so focused on avenging last year's embarrassing elimination? Are the Bucks THAT good? Or... as the national sports media would have it ... are the Heat THAT disengaged? I mean, I watched a bit of the game last night and the Heat just looked so overwhelmed by the Buck D that they just couldn't function.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adding Portis and Turner along with Forbes and most importantly Holiday has certainly beefed up our D and we have a lot of options. This is a markedly better team than the one that lost to Miami last year.

Caya

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adding Portis and Turner along with Forbes and most importantly Holiday has certainly beefed up our D and we have a lot of options. This is a markedly better team than the one that lost to Miami last year.

The box did not have as good of a record as last year, but I feel that this is a squad that is built better for the playoffs.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Holiday's play is pretty impressive. The guy reminds me (sorry for this telling comparison) of Walt Frazier - yeah, back when God was a boy. When I saw this Forbes guy, I had to Google him. :) Yeah, and I'm talking about the Heat being "disengaged".

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Game 1 might have been good for The Bucks, they played terribly on offense, the Heat played decent, yet the Bucks still won in OT by 2.

Game 2 was just crazy good shooting by The Bucks and continued solid defense with Giannis frustrating and shutting down Butler. Forbes was incredible from 3.

Game 3 was not as pretty offensively to start but the Bucks defense just wore the Heat down, as probably did the hangover from Game 2.

Don't want to get cocky but I smell sweep. We need it, starting guard Donte DiVincenzo tore a ligament in his left ankle and is done for the year. The Nets are down 14 to the Celtics tonight, so it would be nice to get a week off, before facing what i think is the best team in the East.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Really awesome close-out game by the Bucks! Took them until the 3rd Q to seize control of the game and you could see them just turn it up a notch on both ends of the court and Bye Bye Miami! Bryn Forbes is my new favorite bench player. I really think he gave the Bucks a tremendous lift in this series. Definitely prefer him over PC, but it sounds like Bud prefers rotating him in with Jrue, so it will be interesting to see how much he plays in the next series.

Sounds like the Bucks will have at least one week off and even more if the Celtics and Nets game makes it to 6 or 7. How much is too much time off?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
That was a cathartic revenge series against The Heat. I hope the time off wont be too much of an issue.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last two games -- complete and total annihilation by the Bucks on the Heat.

In my casual "NBA fan-ness", I'd put it squarely in the defense's win column. Offensively, the Bucks seem a little pedestrian but defensively, the Bucks are, for lack of a better term, biotch slapping Miami.

Question: Are the Bucks so focused on avenging last year's embarrassing elimination? Are the Bucks THAT good? Or... as the national sports media would have it ... are the Heat THAT disengaged? I mean, I watched a bit of the game last night and the Heat just looked so overwhelmed by the Buck D that they just couldn't function.
In terms of team attitude, it appeared to be a complete reversal of last year's bubble series. The Bucks definitely are better with the addition of Holiday, Forbes, and Portis (and the elimination of Bledsoe, who just couldn't step up when the bright lights were on).

And Holiday adds to what was already a very good D. It just seemed like a really rounded effort on the whole team's part and Coach Bud's game management. I'm sure the revenge factor played in, it had to. Bottom line, the Bucks were just way better and Miami could not play from behind.

Who was missing from the Miami team this year? All I remember is that Butler was red hot last year, but I thought there was at least one other guy who also played well and isn't with the Heat anymore.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that over the course off this season (and from prior eliminations). the Bucks realized they don't have to go all out to win every game in the regular season. Not that they play to lose. It's just an attitude adjustment. I think the losses helped them become a better team this year (along with Holiday, Forbes, and Portis). Because the only season that matters is the post season. Bring on Brooklyn!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a cathartic revenge series against The Heat. I hope the time off wont be too much of an issue.
Probably not. Boston only extended the Nets by one game. The Bucks will be ready for Brooklyn's all-star team. I'm also confident the Bucks can beat the Nets in 6 or 7 games. The Nets have too many superstars in Harden, Durant, and Irving. The Bucks bench may well decide the series.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Probably not. Boston only extended the Nets by one game. The Bucks will be ready for Brooklyn's all-star team. I'm also confident the Bucks can beat the Nets in 6 or 7 games. The Nets have too many superstars in Harden, Durant, and Irving. The Bucks bench may well decide the series.

I think the Bucks were 2-1 against the Nets in the regular season, but I am pretty sure that Harden didn't play and KD and/or Kyrie missed one of the games too. I hate to say it, but now that the Nets are healthy, they are the scariest team in the NBA in my opinion. Add to that that they have home court advantage and I think Brooklyn is almost back to full capacity at the Barclays Center, so that place is going to be rocking, but so will Fiserv!

Bucks need to win 1 of 2 in N.Y. before heading back home. This is going to be a dogfight, as will the series winner be against the 76'ers. Really tough mountain to climb this year in the East for the Bucks, but what a test to see if they are finally a high end playoff team or just a regular season warrior.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Bucks were 2-1 against the Nets in the regular season, but I am pretty sure that Harden didn't play and KD and/or Kyrie missed one of the games too. I hate to say it, but now that the Nets are healthy, they are the scariest team in the NBA in my opinion. Add to that that they have home court advantage and I think Brooklyn is almost back to full capacity at the Barclays Center, so that place is going to be rocking, but so will Fiserv!

Bucks need to win 1 of 2 in N.Y. before heading back home. This is going to be a dogfight, as will the series winner be against the 76'ers. Really tough mountain to climb this year in the East for the Bucks, but what a test to see if they are finally a high end playoff team or just a regular season warrior.
Yeah well put Poker. And the Nets were not at full force for the regular season games against the Bucks. I agree winning one of two in the opening games in NY is critical. They just can't fall two games behind a team with this much talent.

I hope I'm right, but I think the Nets have too many superstars. Any one of these guys (Harden, Durant, Irving) could probably carry an otherwise average team to the playoffs. What I don't see is how they complement each other. And yet, they finished second in the East so it looks liken they've figured out out.

Finally, this could very well be the series that decides the NBA champion. Philadelphia is very good, but I think the Bucks could handle them in 5 or 6 games. As for the West, it will be Utah or Phoenix, and again I think the Bucks can handle them.

But first things first. Beat the Nets.

With all the distraction and uncertainty around Rodgers, it would be nice to finally have a champion team in Milwaukee. Go Bucks!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Good post and yes, what most don't realize is that The Nets Big 3, have only played 8 regular season games together, ever. So the Celtics series was proof of just how well they might mesh. Harden scares me the most. I think he is really going to give the Bucks defense some fits, especially without Donte D playing. Jrue should be on him most of the time, but that leave Pat C, Forbes or maybe Tucker to guard Kyrie. I think Bud starts PC again and sees what happens, but if the Bucks start falling behind, get ready for Forbes, who is the worst of the 3 playing defense, to see a lot of minutes.

Nets were scary in that Celtics series, but also have 2 remember that the Celtics were without Jaylen Brown for the whole series and Kemba for the last 2 games.

I can hardly wait for it to start!

Members online

Latest posts