BUBBA might be back for Dallas !!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Franks' return becomes clearer

By Rob Demovsky

It won't be this week, but there finally appears to be some clarity on when Bubba Franks will return from a knee injury that has kept him out of the last three games.

The Packers' No. 2 tight end made a brief appearance on the practice field Wednesday. He took a handful of plays as a defender during the offense's jog-through portion of the practice. When the team went into full practice mode, Franks ran on an adjacent field with a handful of other injured players. It was Franks' first time on the practice field since he was injured on Oct. 14 against the Washington Redskins.

Coach Mike McCarthy said team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie was encouraged by Franks' progress.

"Making progress," McCarthy said when asked if Franks was close to returning. "I talked about him (Wednesday) morning with Pat McKenzie. He feels he's a week or maybe two away."

Officially, Franks was listed as out on the injury report for this week's game against the Carolina Panthers. Considering next week is a short turnaround with only two practices scheduled before the Thanksgiving game at Detroit, it's doubtful Franks would play against the Lions. However, with a full week between the game at Detroit and the Nov. 29 game at Dallas, there appears to be a decent chance Franks could play against the Cowboys.

The Packers haven't used as much of their double tight-end package since Franks went out. Ryan Krause, who was promoted from the practice squad after Franks got hurt, has only two catches for 11 yards in three games as the No. 2 tight end.

Starter Donald Lee, the only other tight end on the roster, also made a surprise appearance on the injury report. Though he was a full participant in practice, he was listed with a shoulder injury.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice. I like when a guy goes away, and others step up so when the guy returns, the team is that much stronger.

I hope that happens with Rouse\Collins too. Rouse can get his learning and his experience and get good, then when collins comes back, we got 2 solid guys at FS.

But sorry, back to Bubba. I hope he can contribute like he was before his injury. He was having a greeeeat and unexpected season.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he can contribute like he was before his injury. He was having a greeeeat and unexpected season.

I hear you trom, man did he come up big for us a few times.

Cheers !!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great to see Bubba might be back. I'd love to see us have a 100+ yard rusher against Dallas, and Bubba's a heck of a blocker (as well as a good red zone receiving threat).

Great news.

Members online

Latest posts