Bubba Franks Lighting up NY

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yes it is good for him.. seen that yesterday, I hope he tears it up in New York.. I always liked Bubba as a player and from what I know as a person.

Was he the fastest, most surehanded TE out there.. nope but he was a lunch pail type player that never seemed to get the credit he deserved here in Green Bay.. not saying that he was deserving of great praise, but he always seemed like a "verbal whippin boy" in the press and amongst the fans...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba's always been a good camp\practice guy.

He had a good first half last year, then(shock) got hurt.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked Bubba. True, most of his TD catches were under 5 yards, but he always caught them, and they WERE TD's.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba got kind of a bum rap, as he was a 1st round pick and never really lived up to that status, although he had a nice career and some big catches(kind of a modern day Ed West).

If he would have been a mid-round selection or FA his career would be seen in a more positive light.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked Bubba. True, most of his TD catches were under 5 yards, but he always caught them, and they WERE TD's.

Well, Packer TDs are my favorite thing to watch on t.v. Bubba caught a lot of them. I don't care if they were for 1 yard. A TD is a TD.

I'm happy for Franks. I hope he has a few good years left in him. I've always liked the guy. Just thought it was time to move on because we need more speed. He is a dang good blocker though.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Well, Packer TDs are my favorite thing to watch on t.v. Bubba caught a lot of them. I don't care if they were for 1 yard. A TD is a TD.

I'm happy for Franks. I hope he has a few good years left in him. I've always liked the guy. Just thought it was time to move on because we need more speed. He is a dang good blocker though.
Thats the way i saw it. He got the ball into the endzone, and thats all that mattered. He was a heck of a good blocker too. We will miss that aspect of his game as well. Hopefully one of the new guys can step it up and do a good job.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember MM mentioning last year that under his system, the FBs and TEs will be almost interchangeable. I wonder if it's going to somewhat come true in '08. If so, maybe Donald Lee is all we need as a pass catching TE. Maybe one of our FBs will be developed to play FB/TE.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts