Bryan Bulaga

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deserves an apology from a lot of people here. There was a decent number of people who thought we should cut Bulaga. Booooo!!!

Bulaga has been the best OL on the team this year. He's been a top 5 RT in the NFL this year. I hope we re-sign him. You schmucks.

Bulaga
Bakh
Jenkins
Linsley
Turner

That's our OL rankings, this year.

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deserves an apology from a lot of people here. There was a decent number of people who thought we should cut Bulaga. Booooo!!!

Bulaga has been the best OL on the team this year. He's been a top 5 RT in the NFL this year. I hope we re-sign him. You schmucks.

Bulaga
Bakh
Jenkins
Linsley
Turner

Agreed on re-signing Bulaga. He will not be in high demand. A two year deal should get it done. There is no one on the roster at this time that can replace Bulaga. Please don't tell me Billy Turner can replace him.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys miss the point. Since there is a good chance he, like many NFL players, might get hurt, we should cut him so he plays no games for us, vs playing some games and maybe getting hurt. Better he doesn’t play for us at all than playing some or many good games and then getting hurt.

You guys don’t know how the NFL works. :laugh:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bulaga
Bakh
Jenkins
Linsley
Turner

I’ll own up to not believing he would stay healthy enough. Had massive doubts after the Bears game. He’s been fantastic though. Hats off to him.

Reaction score
Deserves an apology from a lot of people here.
I’ll start.....

Dear Brian,

I’m writing this letter because of things I have said (and thought) :whistling: that combined may have been construed as insensitive or derogatory towards you.
I never meant to disparage you or speak lowly of you, behind your back (but I did) :sneaky: Sometimes I get overly excited and yell at the t.v. and I’m sorry.
I hereby promise to never speak ill while using your name in the same sentence. I hope we can forgive and forget?

Love, ..
Your friend..........
A Schmuck,
Get Well?

Best wishes...

Oldschool

P.S. Boy..... I feel better.

Last edited:

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The complaints aren't about ability. It's availability. See if we get 12 full games out of him first.

He's played at least 12 games in 6 out of 9 years. In fact, he has averaged 12 games a year over those 9 years.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll start.....

Dear Brian,

I’m writing this letter because of things I have said (and thought) :whistling: that combined may have been construed as insensitive or derogatory towards you.
I never meant to disparage you or speak lowly of you, behind your back (but I did) :sneaky: Sometimes I get overly excited and yell at the t.v. and I’m sorry.
I hereby promise to never speak ill while using your name in the same sentence. I hope we can forgive and forget?

Love, ..
Your friend..........
A Schmuck,
Get Well?

Best wishes...

Oldschool

P.S. Boy..... I feel better.

He probably would doubt your sincerity since you spelled Bryan wrong.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I've said from the beginning of the off season that there's no way I'd cut Bulaga for 2019. Things will need to be re-evaluated in the off season depending on where we're at and such.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always liked the guy, is really good when he's healthy, is really good when gutting thru injury. He's had some he couldn't play thru and comes back for more. The people act like he stole their girlfriends when talking about him around here in the past kind of rubs me the wrong way.

I get IR is frustrating, but the guy has put a lot out there for this team at a high level.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they re-signed him in 2015 to the big contract I thought it was a mistake. The guy struggles to stay healthy, and when he's not, Rodgers gets planted into the ground. My opinion was to save the money and draft a RT in the first round or spend the money on a healthy RT in free agency. I figured that his health would continue to deteriorate and that we would never develop a backup/starter better than Spriggs.

I'm not sure that I will apologize. The Packers gambled and so far he has been relatively healthy. He was completely healthy in 2016 but missed games in 2015, 2017, and 2018 due to sprained ankles, a torn ACL, and now this season a shoulder. I love Bulaga. He's a great player, a great leader in the locker room, and every bit the epitome of a Packers player. As Big Poppa said above, it's about availability. So far so good in 2019.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I had been thinking of Bulaga as a guy they should let walk in this next offseason, but he is still playing way too well at a premium position. Resign him and draft a swing tackle relatively high to prepare for the eventual injuries.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While they ought to be looking at a shiny new receiver in the 1st round, I would not mind one bit if they plucked a legitimate LT or RT with their first pick. Bulaga is 30 and Bak is 28. Both should be in their prime but injuries usually creep in. Draft a high pick and let him watch two of the best for a few seasons, then slide him in before we're riding on dry bearings without any grease.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I had been thinking of Bulaga as a guy they should let walk in this next offseason, but he is still playing way too well at a premium position. Resign him and draft a swing tackle relatively high to prepare for the eventual injuries.
Agreed if he continues to stay healthy and perform at the level he's been playing at. I, too, was an advocate of keeping him for this season and finding the long term solution for 2020, but he's proving that he has something left in the tank as of right now.

He's went against some fierce pass rushers in the early stages of the season and has more than held his own in neutralizing them.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agreed if he continues to stay healthy and perform at the level he's been playing at. I, too, was an advocate of keeping him for this season and finding the long term solution for 2020, but he's proving that he has something left in the tank as of right now.

He's went against some fierce pass rushers in the early stages of the season and has more than held his own in neutralizing them.

Bulaga has performed at a high level when healthy this season but in my opinion the Packers need to replace him next season.

Members online

Latest posts