Bryan Bulaga

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bryan Bulaga - LT - Iowa

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYk6GzwHC4]YouTube - LT Bryan Bulaga Highlights/Lowlights 2009/2008 Iowa[/ame]

FFToolbox.com scouting:

Bryan Bulaga is the latest in a long line of talented offensive linemen from the University of Iowa. Bulaga began his career at left guard where he started five of the seven games he played in as a freshmen. As a sophomore, he took over at left tackle, starting all 13 of Iowa's games last season. Bulaga has started all five games he's appeared in this season. He missed three games early in the year, but it shouldn't effect his draft status because he was ill, not injured. Bulaga has very quick feet for a big offensive lineman and uses his long arms to ride speed rushers right out of plays. He is not as strong as fellow Big ten linemen Joe Thomas or Jake Long, but he's still very young and has time to develop. Bulaga's run blocking has also improved steadily over the last two seasons. He is no longer satisfied just blocking the man in front of him, he moves on to the next level and tries to get a block on a linebacker as well. The best fit for Bulaga would be on a zone blocking team in the NFL, because of his familiarity with the system. Bulaga and his fellow offensive linemen played an outstanding game against Georgia Tech to end the season, and Bulaga has declared for the 2010 NFL draft. He should be a mid-to-late first round pick, but excellent workouts could push him into the top half of the first round.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting Bulaga would be a dream come true. There are numerous scenarios that he could fall to us but with his stock rising tremendously, the packers would need a miracle to get him.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This highlights are a little selected. If you take a look at Brandon Graham's, you'll see him beating Bulaga quite often.

However, I'm no longer the opinion that Bulaga is just ordinary, and wouldn't be a great addition. From his highlights, as well as the Iowa GT game, I'd have to say Bulaga is a very good prospect.

The one I'm more impressed with, in terms of OL, and that could be in our reach, is Charles Brown. Mainly because of his pass blocking skills.

Iupati is a monster, and would also be a great addition. But I saw something on film and at the Senior Bowl that deeply worries me, specially on our team: He more often than not HOLDS the opponent. And the last thing we need is another penalty prone OL...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Bulaga had a Thyroid condition, so that is actually a good excuse when looking at when he faced Graham.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Bulaga had a Thyroid condition, so that is actually a good excuse when looking at when he faced Graham.

His thyroid issue is like a boo boo compared to the severity of football-related injuries. It's highly treatable and it won't hamper his on-the-filed abilities.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened when he faced Graham? Did he get dominated or what?

O Brien Schofield did some damage to Bulaga as well. If he does fall to us at pick 23, then my only concern will be: can he block Jared Allen?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O Brien Schofield did some damage to Bulaga as well. If he does fall to us at pick 23, then my only concern will be: can he block Jared Allen?
Let me see.......Bulaga vs. Jared Allen???? ummmm....NO.....lol

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me see.......Bulaga vs. Jared Allen???? ummmm....NO.....lol

It's ok because history shows that we still have clifton to do that for us:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iuP8Ugrepo]YouTube - Jared Allen against Chad Clifton[/ame]

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure that video dipicts what happened between J Allen and C Clifton.......in 2009. That was a old video

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure that video dipicts what happened between J Allen and C Clifton.......in 2009. That was a old video

Doesn't matter if it's old, Clifton is one the few lineman who actually mauled up Jared Allen.

Btw back to the topic, here's some bittersweet news: NFL.com Blogs

Heading into the combine Bulaga's biggest concern was him arm length. Now that he's silenced the critics he just moved himself up 3 or 4 spots in the draft. It looks absolutely impossible now for any chance of the pack drafting him.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BULAGA MEASURES UP
The other top tackle in NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock's rankings, Iowa's Bryan Bulaga, passed one test when he was measured with 33 1/4-inch arms.

That's still on the short side for left tackle, but it ended speculation Bulaga might measure out in Robert Gallery territory (32 inches). The longer the arms, the harder it is for top pass rushers to get their hands on the tackle's body.

BY THE NUMBERS
Here are key measurables for the other top offensive tackles, sorted by arm length:

Player, school (height ... weight ... arms ... hands)
* Bruce Campbell, Maryland (6-6 ... 314 ... 36 1/4 ... 10 1/2)
* Russell Okung, Oklahoma State (6-5 ... 307 ... 36 ... 10 1/2)
* Charles Brown, Southern Cal (6-3 ... 303 ... 35 1/4 ... 11 3/8)
* Vladimir Ducasse, UMass (6-4 ... 332 ... 34 3/4 ... 9 5/8)
* Trent Williams, Oklahoma (6-5 ... 315 ... 34 1/4 ... 9 3/4)
* Anthony Davis, Rutgers (6-5 ... 323 ... 34 ... 10 1/8)
* Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (6-5 ... 314 ... 33 1/4 ... 9 1/4)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BULAGA MEASURES UP
The other top tackle in NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock's rankings, Iowa's Bryan Bulaga, passed one test when he was measured with 33 1/4-inch arms.

That's still on the short side for left tackle, but it ended speculation Bulaga might measure out in Robert Gallery territory (32 inches). The longer the arms, the harder it is for top pass rushers to get their hands on the tackle's body.

BY THE NUMBERS
Here are key measurables for the other top offensive tackles, sorted by arm length:

Charles Brown is certainly getting my attention more and more. I'd really like a chance to take him if Bulaga isn't available.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BULAGA MEASURES UP

BY THE NUMBERS

If Campbell runs under 5.0 40, Undead Al will take him.

36 1/4 inches arms, are you kidding me????

BTW, Brown is over 300 pounds. That's good for the team that takes him, but might be bad, because he might come off before we pick.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okung is only a few pounds more than brown.

Browns arm length is longer than

Vladimir Ducasse
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Bryan Bulaga

Sounds like we may have a Left Tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts