Bryan Bulaga sprained knee??

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Adam Schefter Bulaga tore his MCL vs. the Seahawks. IMO this means the Packers either have to bring in a free agent (though I don't think there are a lot of options out there) or trade for help at tackle.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this season looking pretty dismal already...especially after getting whooped so badly, don't see how the packers are going to to compete against hawks in playoffs if they even see them

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Torn ACL last year in it, now torn MCL in the same knee.
Not alot of strength left in there I would imagine.

Where're Tauscher and Clifton at?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this season looking pretty dismal already...especially after getting whooped so badly, don't see how the packers are going to to compete against hawks in playoffs if they even see them
We can't. But remember we won the Super Bowl 4 seasons ago, avoiding the teams that out-physical us.
Since then, we had to face the Giants and 49ers, and now add Seattle into our way.

Can anyone knock off Seattle and SF for us in the playoffs?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't. But remember we won the Super Bowl 4 seasons ago, avoiding the teams that out-physical us.
Since then, we had to face the Giants and 49ers, and now add Seattle into our way.

Can anyone knock off Seattle and SF for us in the playoffs?
I hear ya there, frank...but, maybe i'm a lil old-school-train-of-thought here....I'd like to see them (Packers) be the ones to knock off the likes of those BIG BAD TEAMS...to be the best...you know?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya there, frank...but, maybe i'm a lil old-school-train-of-thought here....I'd like to see them (Packers) be the ones to knock off the likes of those BIG BAD TEAMS...to be the best...you know?
That would taste better for sure.
But the taste of 2010 still is sweet in my mouth 4 seasons later, even though we didn't have to beat the Giants or Niners.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MCL tears, according to Rob Demovsky, are a 2-4 week deal. Usually non surgical. So hopefully it's not a bad tear and we can just limp (pun intended) through the next few weeks until we get him back.

The season is not lost. It's one freaking game. It could be worse. It could have been an ACL and then we would have a serious problem at RT for the remainder of the season. Maybe a week with the ones and Sherrod can get it together. He was a first round pick. Fingers crossed he can step up and be serviceable. He got thrust into a pretty tough situation last night.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MCL tears, according to Rob Demovsky, are a 2-4 week deal. Usually non surgical. So hopefully it's not a bad tear and we can just limp (pun intended) through the next few weeks until we get him back.

The season is not lost. It's one freaking game. It could be worse. It could have been an ACL and then we would have a serious problem at RT for the remainder of the season. Maybe a week with the ones and Sherrod can get it together. He was a first round pick. Fingers crossed he can step up and be serviceable. He got thrust into a pretty tough situation last night.
I agree the season isn't lost, but if the Packers were to play the 'Hawks 10 out of 10 times...you can't tell me from what you saw yesterday that the 'Hawks couldn't do that again 10 for 10

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bulaga is back in 2 or 3 or even 4 weeks, that's a great bonus for the Packers.
Sherrod will have to play better vs Jets, Lions, Bears, Vikings before Miami game on October 12th.

Who fills Bahktiari's spot if he goes down?

tahoebum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have torn my right MCL and ACL and my left MCL skiing. MCL tear rarely requires surgery and recovery time is anywhere from 1 week for a grade 1 to 8 weeks for a grade 3. With a guy his size and previous injuries to that knee I would guess he will be out at least 4 weeks.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't be serious.
When you do start a new thread, a popup thing appears of SIMILAR THREADS.
This popped up, so did another one from his hip.
He doesn't need so many threads for the same damn thing year after year. Poor unlucky guy.
eye roll

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bulaga is back in 2 or 3 or even 4 weeks, that's a great bonus for the Packers.
Sherrod will have to play better vs Jets, Lions, Bears, Vikings before Miami game on October 12th.

Who fills Bahktiari's spot if he goes down?
That's when the musical chairs plan goes into effect.:(

Reaction score
That was his first time in action in two years against a dominant pass rusher. Tough position to be in.
Thank you. I remember Newhouse 1st game against MN.. Same side -same position. He got schooled by J.Allen. 5sacks himself. He went on to become a starter on our 15-1 team. If Marshall can improve to that level..then Sherrod will be better with time

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO there are two questions regarding Sherrod. First, did his severe injury rob him of quickness permanently? If it did, he’ll struggle at OT against good - or better - pass rushers. Second, even if he can fully – or almost fully – recover physically, does he have an attitude to finish blocks? One of Sitton’s best attributes IMO is his nasty attitude. Lang has shown that as well. And it was one of the first things I noticed about Bakhtiari. And it was missing in Newhouse.

Reaction score
You've brought a good point.
I was never a fan of Newhouse and actually was glad to see him go, but one thing I will Give Newhouse is that he was trainable and became an average lineman. We can only hope for the same with Sherrod.my belief is there's a reason for everything. No coincidences. We often don't see mini miracles until we look back in hind site. It's the same with Linsley, I'm actually glad he's getting some experience. It builds confidence and he becomes more valuable We may need his services again one day if JC comes back.

IMO there are two questions regarding Sherrod. First, did his severe injury rob him of quickness permanently? If it did, he’ll struggle at OT against good - or better - pass rushers. Second, even if he can fully – or almost fully – recover physically, does he have an attitude to finish blocks? One of Sitton’s best attributes IMO is his nasty attitude. Lang has shown that as well. And it was one of the first things I noticed about Bakhtiari. And it was missing in Newhouse.
gr

D

Deleted member 6794

Please tell me your serious. Im not one to normally ask but I have to. What's the source?

Twitter accounts of all the Packers beat writers. According to Ryan Wood of the Press Gazette he looked like a guy with a hurt knee though.

wingrider47

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Full panic mode after the 1st game? lol

I'm not in panic mode but I'm not wear rose colored glasses either, the Hawks completely bullied this team unless you were watching a different game then I saw. It is only one game but if they don't play tougher then that they will have a very average record again this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts