Brutal Schedule for Next Year

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One downer about winning the North this year and not making the SB is the brutal schedule next year. I know we have Dallas and Indy at home with Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Tennessee on the road to name a few games.

I don't know how accurate this statement is but I think I read somewhere that only 2 of the last 9 teams made the playoffs the year after 13-3. Anyone know if that's true or not?

How do you see the Packers doing next year with this schedule?

I think we'll be around 10-6 (+/- 1 win).

Complete list of teams we play:

Home

Dallas
Atlanta
Carolina
Houston
Colts
Bears
Vikings
Lions

Road

Seattle
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Bears
Vikings
Lions

* Edited by AADP - to add list of teams we play on home and the road.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see our record being better than it was this season. The odds are against it, and the schedule is tough. 10 wins is fair.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It stands to reason that several of those games become easy wins by the time they roll around. For us, or them.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
predicted 10-6?
werent we predicted to go no where near the playoffs this season?
yknow...im going with: anyone can win any given sunday!
GO PACK!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have faith in the team and i feel they will go 12 at least and i'm just saing that bcasue i dont want to be to greedy :D

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well last year at about this time I predicted 12-4, and we go 13-3. So I'll predict 12-4 again, and we'll se what happens.

Reaction score
Tampa - Rumors are that RB Cadillac Williams injury will end his career. The Bucs have had a lot of coaching staff turnover, their O-line hasn't quite been solid, and they've got an aging QB and star WR.

New Orleans - Who knows, the Packers might catch a break and play the Saints the week after their London game, meaning the Packers could potentially have an advantage there.

Indy - Tough team, but I think we've got the talent to stay competitive with them. This year showed that we can win any game as long as we stay close in the fourth Q. The Colts have a ton of cap invested in a handful of players, so they lack quality depth and you could argue if two or three of their high paid players go down, the Colts will not be as tough to beat.

Tennessee - Tough team, but one we can certainly contend with.

Jacksonville - Ah, this should be a great match. I think the Packers will be ready to face top NFC teams next year, and I think they will be able to hold their own. So a win will be tough, but it's 50-50 Packers win or lose.

If we go 5-1 in our own division, and 7-3 in the remaining games (losses to Indy, Jacksonville, Tennessee), the Packers will finish at 12-4 and potentially be in the race for #1 seed in the NFC.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only two out of sixteen games scheduled are dependent on a team's record the previous year. (Because the Packers finished first in their division, they play the winners of the NFC East and NFC West.) The rest is formula.

The Packers happen to be matched up with the AFC South next year, which was the best division in football, so that makes things a little tougher. On the other hand, they are also matched up against the NFC South, which is not a very good division. The schedule looks about average to me. But it really depends mostly on how hot each team is right at the time you play them, and you can't judge that very far ahead of time. I like it that the games against Dallas and Indy are both in Green Bay.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
16-0. Duh... Quote me Jan.09 if you'd like.

ALL right! MY kind of a fan!

favre2driver wrote:

im with ya on that one F2D!
and not only do i see you, ill raise you!
19-0!

That makes 3 of us that predict an undefeated season!

Anyone else?

joym13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking 11-5. I think we will beat either the Colts or Dallas at home, but not both. I think we will win the rest of our home games. The other losses I see are Seattle, Bears, Jacksonville and Tampa.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think 12-4 is unreasonable with that list of teams.

Dallas, Indy, Jacksonville, and maybe the Bears once.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home

Dallas- Win
Atlanta-Win
Carolina-Win
Houston-Win
Colts-Loss
Bears-Win
Vikings-Win
Lions-Win

Road

Seattle-Win
New Orleans-Win
Tampa Bay-Win
Jacksonville-Loss
Tennessee-Win
Bears-Loss
Vikings-Loss
Lions-Win

Thats 12-4 by my count.
But thats IF Favre returns.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Last year, we thought our schedule was beyond impossible, and it was by 2006 standards. Well, who knows what will happen in 2008! I see Dallas on a downslope, I think their staff is being pecked away at and they seem to be too cocky for their actual talent.

I see us having a great shot at repeating our record from this season, as long as Brett comes back and the roster pretty much stays up to par. We were told we were going to be a 7-9 AT BEST team last year, and we pulled out 13-3. Sure, the pressure is on now, but we're totally capable and ready to show we are no fluke.

VAPAckerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we do play the Vikes, Bears, Lions so that should be 6 wins right there :p :p :p I see 12 to 13 wins but only if Favre comes back, if rodgers takes over i say 9 to 10 wins.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Dallas and Colts at home. In our favor? Dont know, we dont have that cold weather motique anymore.

10-6

In the NFC, i dont see any future powerhouse teams on the rise. I'll have to wait to see after the FA signings. If the Bears dont get a QB, Philly dont get a reciever, I can see us being the dominant team in the NFC (baring any unforseen injuries).

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One downer about winning the North this year and not making the SB is the brutal schedule next year. I know we have Dallas and Indy at home with Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and Tennessee on the road to name a few games.

I don't know how accurate this statement is but I think I read somewhere that only 2 of the last 9 teams made the playoffs the year after 13-3. Anyone know if that's true or not?

How do you see the Packers doing next year with this schedule?

I think we'll be around 10-6 (+/- 1 win).

Complete list of teams we play:

Home

Dallas
Atlanta
Carolina
Houston
Colts
Bears
Vikings
Lions

Road

Seattle
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Bears
Vikings
Lions

* Edited by AADP - to add list of teams we play on home and the road.

There's what I want to see and what I will think will happen.

What I want to see - we beat the Cows and Indy at home and sweep da Bears. I think we're due for a sweep of da Bears, don't ya think?

I also want to see us go 8-0 at home.

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not wanna sound like a homer, but the texans will be much tougher than expected. they would of been better this year had the injuries not happened. they still won 8 games being in the AFC while they were banged up. I think the pack will still win, but that game should be interesting

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not wanna sound like a homer, but the texans will be much tougher than expected. they would of been better this year had the injuries not happened. they still won 8 games being in the AFC while they were banged up. I think the pack will still win, but that game should be interesting

I agree, thats is if they find a decent running game. Schaub looked pretty good before his injury.

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya I think darius walker will work out ok, if u think about it the texans were better than our whole division except for us! the texans are alot better than TB.

Members online

Latest posts