Bruce Irvin

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raiders are a 4-3 team now and while he is a little long in the tooth, I think he could provide us some good depth if anyone ever goes down and can make some splash plays if used correctly. Fackrell has made a few plays but he's typically only good for one or two a game, I believe Irvin can triple that.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, we are in between a wild card spot and another rebuild year; I wouldn't mind if Gute spent a little money to try and save the season. If that approach failed then we'd have the appropriate draft position to address needs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Irvin hasn't performed at a decent level this season. The Packers might be smart to offer him a reasonable deal once he clears waivers nevertheless though.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Irvin hasn't performed at a decent level this season. The Packers might be smart to offer him a reasonable deal once he clears waivers nevertheless though.

He hasn't performed because he hasn't been on the field. I believe he gets less than 20 snaps a game. Irvin was never necessarily a world beater, but he was pretty damn good in his prime. Most elite players need more than 20 plays a game to consistently make a lasting impact.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if he was a situational pass rusher? we should still take a look at him. ANY thing we can do to limit the other teams offense and get as many possessions for Rodgers, and the offense is what the goal should be. You can NEVER has too many pass rushers.

D

Deleted member 6794

He hasn't performed because he hasn't been on the field. I believe he gets less than 20 snaps a game. Irvin was never necessarily a world beater, but he was pretty damn good in his prime. Most elite players need more than 20 plays a game to consistently make a lasting impact.

Irvin started the first six games averaging 36 snaps per contest for the Raiders. He didn't play a lot the past two weeks though.

Neither has Matthews, Perry or Cobb....

True, but Irvin wouldn't present a significant upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts