Bruce Campbell

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about Bruce Campbell? I dont think he works for us, he is by no means ready to play in the NFL, and I think anyone you select in the 1st round should have at least a possibility of playing in their first season. I dont like that he is just a workout guy with very little time spent on the field.

How do you guys feel?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Sure he has the athleticism to play but even more concerning than that is his injury history. He's never played a full season so it's questionable as to how long he'll last in the NFL.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Sure he has the athleticism to play but even more concerning than that is his injury history. He's never played a full season so it's questionable as to how long he'll last in the NFL.
Red Flag #1 Workout warrior
Red Flag #2 History of Injuries
Red Flag #3 How many games has this guys played in the last year or two?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't like it.

But I'm not so against it. He's my #10 or 11 prospect to pick with our 23rd. There are several guys I'd rather have.

But I don't think he'll be there. Undead Al will pick him with the 8th... He got DHB instead of Crabtree, and people were surprised...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I don't think he'll be there. Undead Al will pick him with the 8th... He got DHB instead of Crabtree, and people were surprised...

That pretty much confirmed how much of a brain.........or lack of a brain he has left. Look at some of the recent picks

J Russell
D McFadden
Heyward Bey
Robert Gallery

None of those guys ended up being what they were suppose to be. Maybe Al Davis is secretly getting advice from Matt Millen. I am suprised he didn't pick Jarett Bush in the second round

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That pretty much confirmed how much of a brain.........or lack of a brain he has left. Look at some of the recent picks

J Russell
D McFadden
Heyward Bey
Robert Gallery

None of those guys ended up being what they were suppose to be. Maybe Al Davis is secretly getting advice from Matt Millen. I am suprised he didn't pick Jarett Bush in the second round
I don't know about McFadden yet. He was considered the top rb in that deep class by many.

But the rest is spot on.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree I think the jury is still out on McFadden but the rest are total busts. Gallery maybe not so much, he is horrid at tackle but wasn't so bad this year at guard.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant say enough good things in defense of Al Davis. I love everything about him.

Ask Willie Wood where he would be without Al Davis.
Name another owner that is more of a football guy than Al.
Tell me where football would be without Al Davis.
He doesnt make good choices now but when you look at his whole body of work its one of the most impressive in football history.

JUST WIN BABY!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant say enough good things in defense of Al Davis. I love everything about him.

Ask Willie Wood where he would be without Al Davis.
Name another owner that is more of a football guy than Al.
Tell me where football would be without Al Davis.
He doesnt make good choices now but when you look at his whole body of work its one of the most impressive in football history.

JUST WIN BABY!!!
History, yeah, he has a lot. But just like Gil Brandt, he got outdated. By his time nobody prepared for the 40 time and such, so he could pretty much pick the more athletic players by the 40, and win by that.

Not a good procedure nowadays.

IMHO Davis is 10 years outdated. And he's ruining one of the most historied (yes, because of him) franchises. The fact that he's trying to install a run-and-shoot offense is ludicrous! He has picked a great RB, but his only criteria for QB is to have a big arm and for WR to run fast, to explore the playaction. It worked 20, 25 years ago...

He deserves respect for what he did. But he doesn't, IMHO, deserve a lifelong job because of it.

But it's his franchise. Let's just thank God that the Packers aren't owned by anyone...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did make a Superbowl this past decade but I agree. i just think people see now and dont look at the whole picture. He will go to the Hall of Fame when he dies.

Is there another owner that is more self made than Al? assistant at USC, Raiders coach, AFL commissioner, Raiders ownder. He was the last guy they told about the merger, why? because everyone knew he wanted to fight it out.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did make a Superbowl this past decade but I agree. i just think people see now and dont look at the whole picture. He will go to the Hall of Fame when he dies.

Is there another owner that is more self made than Al? assistant at USC, Raiders coach, AFL commissioner, Raiders ownder. He was the last guy they told about the merger, why? because everyone knew he wanted to fight it out.
Unfortunately, that's the risk you take when you prolongue your stay in the league.

In the end, it's not going to hurt his reputation so much. It will, but people will still remember how important he was to the game.

But it's like they say. It's better to quit one year too early than one year too late.

If you'd looked at it 2 years ago, you'd never say LT would be a backup for the Jets...

If your body can't hold on anymore, if you're outdated as a GM, coach or owner, the NFL, or life in general, isn't fair. You gotta be on top of your game all the time, for the risk of being miscast.

herrry.orason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually i have had the same discussion with mine guy to!But i thought he was in the commercials.I could be wrong cause mine guy says what you are saying.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an updated highlight film of Bruce Campbell. I know he has the biggest bust potential but some of his blocks are just amazing!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnMm7AcJ7RI]YouTube - Bruce Campbell: Redefining the Tackle Position[/ame]

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an updated highlight film of Bruce Campbell. I know he has the biggest bust potential but some of his blocks are just amazing!

YouTube - Bruce Campbell: Redefining the Tackle Position
Each passing day I like him less and less.

At the beginning of the month, I wouldn't mind us picking him if he were there in our 1st.

Now, I don't know if I would even spend a 2nd on him. He looks stiff to me. Only a workout warrior.

On the opposite side, Roger Saffold looks better and better...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Each passing day I like him less and less.

At the beginning of the month, I wouldn't mind us picking him if he were there in our 1st.

Now, I don't know if I would even spend a 2nd on him. He looks stiff to me. Only a workout warrior.

On the opposite side, Roger Saffold looks better and better...

I was skeptical of Campbell since the very beginning. 17 career starts and considered a first rounder are you kidding me? I like what I see from the film but still don't want to take the risk with him at pick 23. However if he does manage to fall all the way to pick 56 then I might be tempted...

Latest posts