Brother sues brother over Packers tickets

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green Bay - Two brothers' feud over a treasured family possession - 13 season tickets to see the Green Bay Packers in prime seats at Lambeau Field - has landed in court.

Peter Christman of Los Angeles has sued his brother, Michael Christman, of Van Buren, Ark., accusing him of failing to share the profits after selling the tickets for up to $295 per game, according to Brown County Circuit Court records.

Read full story...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, this system is ****** up. They have 13 season tickets and live in Arkansas and LA! They have them just make profit out of them, they don't attend the games... But I can't think of any solution to that.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, this system is ****** up. They have 13 season tickets and live in Arkansas and LA! They have them just make profit out of them, they don't attend the games... But I can't think of any solution to that.

The solution is to make the tickets non transferable...The Phoenix Suns are actually trying some of this, this year. That is a big leap though considering a lot of people that have season seats don't end up going to every game, and will give tickets to their family and friends...No easy solution.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but what about those people that can't attend certain games? They're just gonna lose money? IMO that's the best alternative to the current system, but it's not a solution so to speak... Maybe make tickets non transferable but refundable would be better, but there are logistic problems in that. The team could lose money.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Yeah, but what about those people that can't attend certain games? They're just gonna lose money? IMO that's the best alternative to the current system, but it's not a solution so to speak... Maybe make tickets non transferable but refundable would be better, but there are logistic problems in that. The team could lose money.
I think what he means by non-transferable is that you cannot transfer you tickets to a family member when you die or no longer want them. I wonder how many season ticket holders live out out state and never actually go to the games, ever.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess you're right. I wouldn't like that either, a lot of families pass on the tradition of attending packer games. My bet is that 75% of the family transfered tickets are used by the second and third generation. Does MIN uses the same system?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what he means by non-transferable is that you cannot transfer you tickets to a family member when you die or no longer want them. I wonder how many season ticket holders live out out state and never actually go to the games, ever.

Seems like a great waste to have a ticket and not go to a game. Two seasons ago I had tickets to Iowa vs. Western Michigan and I wasn't able to go (seeing the results I'm glad I didn't go) but I wanted to kill myself having the ticket but not going.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The weird part about this family is they have 13 tickets, you think they would be able to find a way to figure this out with that many tickets...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Guess you're right. I wouldn't like that either, a lot of families pass on the tradition of attending packer games. My bet is that 75% of the family transfered tickets are used by the second and third generation. Does MIN uses the same system?
No. Most teams do not let you pass them on to family. You have to give them up. That's why even though the Redskins have 150,000 on the season ticket waiting list they only have to wait an average of something like 5 years to get them.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Packers are the only team in the NFL where you CAN transfer them to your family right? I wonder how many people "cheat" the system and say oh yeah he is my twice-removed brother-in-law step-cousin person!

Members online