1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

brokeback mountain revenge against wyoming conspiracy theory

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by big3, Jan 21, 2006.

1. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I lived in Wyoming for 12 years and remember the famous Mattew Shepard ( a homosexual) murder that happened in Laramie in October 1998. There was a big thing over Wyoming citizens being hateful towards gays in the media and HBO even did a documentry about in a movie called the Laramie Project.
    I can tell you by living there that most people were very "traditional" in their way of thinking about gays. It was like don't ask, don't tell unless you want to get ridiculed/beat up. There was also some big complaints that Wyoming never changed it's laws and to my knowledge has no protection for homosexual's even to this day.
    I think that someone decided to make a movie about two cowboys (the university of wyoming's mascot, and also where the 2 murderers and the victim went to school) in a homosexaul relationship. Ranching is a big income in the state of wyoming as you can imagine with all the open land.(Wyoming is the 13th biggest state and has the least population of any in the US; 493,000) With Ranches obviously there are alot of cowboys out on the range, who the media believes is hateful towards gays. What better way to "get back" at them than by having people think that cowboys on the range might be gay.
    They may have also wanted to make homosexual people feel like it would be a nice place to live or visit even though the movie was not filmed there. I have no problem with homosexuals, but absoloutly think that hollywood would do this as a way to try and force a region to accept gays by changing the perception of it nationwide.
    Being as It's population and media power is so low, it would be a very hard thing to change the new stereotypes the bigger media would be able to make. Most people have never met anyone from wyoming and the only information they get from it is by the media. It wouldn't surprise me if the perception now is "wyoming, oh isn't that where all the gay cowboys live."

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Re: brokeback mountain revenge against wyoming conspiracy th

LOLOLOLOL!!! Sorry for laughing........but it's funny! You might be right! Hollywood might be trying to open up that area, by forcing this kind of propoganda out there.
    I don't know..........i just CAN'T picture John Wayne (even though his real first name was MARION!) and Lee Marvin KISSING!!! YUCK!!!!! :lol:
    To each his own........but me, i like GIRLS!!!!
    I know i won't go to see that movie......................YUCK!!! EWWWWWWW!
    (Just my opinion)