1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Brock Marion cut from Detroit

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by monkeyracer43, Apr 25, 2005.

1. monkeyracer43

monkeyracer43 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Link

One of Jim Bates's former players. We should consider bringing him in.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    AZ-ZAHIR HAKIM <-- wow he was released too, well shouldn't be surprised huh

3. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Marion is old. He was good when he was with the Cowboys, but I think he is past his prime.

4. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    are we gonna release Mark Roman...I mean, if we do, good, we have Little, Freeman, Collins, Underwood, Todd Franz was signed from Washington--primarily a special teamer, would love to see Brock Marion sign on to play for Jim Bates, which would seal Roman's fate.

This defense cant tackle, if you get rid of the people that can't (Roman will be a start), you're gonna see improvement. I'd rather have Sharper back, but I'm glad we have two solid starters instead of Mark Roman.

5. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    im just glad the vikes overpaid for Sharper..but yeah, bouncing Roman seems to be a no-brainer, especially with the "depth" and talk of Thomas possibly moving over there. which i personally don't think would work out anyway, but....i drink beer on sundays.

"Hey Mark."

"What's up?"

"I'm gonna need to see your playbook."

"Damn."

6. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    The sooner the better...

As for Thomas, I think he's a nickelback and nothing more...he can be a solid nickelback, but he's too small and isnt really a good tackler, dont think he's a safety.

7. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How is 6-1 195 too small? Lawyer Milloy(6-0, 190) and Ed Reed(5-11, 200) seem to do okay. Maybe now that they have a DB coach he can learn some technique. I would love to see Roman play for someone else. Sounds like they're pretty high on Underwood.

8. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    Because, to me at least, he really doesnt look like that physical of a player, meaning he shouldnt handle a position where tackling is important

9. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In Thomas' defense, no one looked physical in Slowik's D. The way things are stacking up in tthis minicamp though they might need Thomas at corner. I would mind if he took Ahmad"Bad Touch"Carroll's spot either.

10. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I've underlined the primary issue with our defense...
    Second would be positioning and reading the QB's motions properly..
    (guess who's job that was...)

I cannot tell you the number of times I've seen the Packers try and grab the opposing players around the shoulders in order to bring them down... attempting a big barrell hug while running down the field, will only get you carried along for the ride.... remember, guys?

The second comment - you already know what that's about....!