Brock Marion cut from Detroit

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are we gonna release Mark Roman...I mean, if we do, good, we have Little, Freeman, Collins, Underwood, Todd Franz was signed from Washington--primarily a special teamer, would love to see Brock Marion sign on to play for Jim Bates, which would seal Roman's fate.

This defense cant tackle, if you get rid of the people that can't (Roman will be a start), you're gonna see improvement. I'd rather have Sharper back, but I'm glad we have two solid starters instead of Mark Roman.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im just glad the vikes overpaid for Sharper..but yeah, bouncing Roman seems to be a no-brainer, especially with the "depth" and talk of Thomas possibly moving over there. which i personally don't think would work out anyway, but....i drink beer on sundays.

"Hey Mark."

"What's up?"

"I'm gonna need to see your playbook."

"Damn."

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
"Hey Mark."

"What's up?"

"I'm gonna need to see your playbook."

"Damn."

The sooner the better...

As for Thomas, I think he's a nickelback and nothing more...he can be a solid nickelback, but he's too small and isnt really a good tackler, dont think he's a safety.

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is 6-1 195 too small? Lawyer Milloy(6-0, 190) and Ed Reed(5-11, 200) seem to do okay. Maybe now that they have a DB coach he can learn some technique. I would love to see Roman play for someone else. Sounds like they're pretty high on Underwood.

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Thomas' defense, no one looked physical in Slowik's D. The way things are stacking up in tthis minicamp though they might need Thomas at corner. I would mind if he took Ahmad"Bad Touch"Carroll's spot either.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
As for Thomas, I think he's a nickelback and nothing more...he can be a solid nickelback, but he's too small and isnt really a good tackler, ...don't think he's a safety.
I've underlined the primary issue with our defense...
Second would be positioning and reading the QB's motions properly..
(guess who's job that was...)

I cannot tell you the number of times I've seen the Packers try and grab the opposing players around the shoulders in order to bring them down... attempting a big barrell hug while running down the field, will only get you carried along for the ride.... remember, guys?

The second comment - you already know what that's about....!

Members online

Latest posts