Bring the Super Bowl to Green Bay!!

GBFANATIC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay deserves to have the Super Bowl held at Lambeau. There isn't a field (imo) with more history than LAMBEAU. I feel that weather isn't a legitimate reason to keep the big game in the southern states. I'm sure that a -13 temperature (coldest on record, Ice Bowl) at game time will far out live any 82 high temperature (warmest on record, Superbowl XXXVI in San Diego). This is football, and I expect it to be played in sun, rain, and snow. If baseball players playing in the world series (most recently 1997) have to play with snow coming down during their championship games, then football players should absolutely be expected to do the same. LAMBEAU WON THE ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE ACCORDING TO ESPN IN 2009! Please give me reasons why you agree with me! and please give me reasons why you disagree (lack of accomodations, limited travel options, etc.). Lets hear your input!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Although I love the idea, I don't see it happening. Green Bay is too isolated for a Super Bowl, it is not a major city. Heck I believe Wisconsin is one of the most messed up states in the regards of cities. Milwaukee our biggest city leeches off of Chicago for population, Madison our capital isn't the biggest city and travel five miles away from any of its limits and I believe you will see a corn field, and Green Bay seems to be a small town with a Football team. Plus I could see the players unhappy because of the bitter cold, and heck the media would despise it to no end.

Lambeau is a special place because its a local place, and its best that way.

OP
OP
GBFANATIC

GBFANATIC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I love the idea, I don't see it happening. Green Bay is too isolated for a Super Bowl, it is not a major city. Heck I believe Wisconsin is one of the most messed up states in the regards of cities. Milwaukee our biggest city leeches off of Chicago for population, Madison our capital isn't the biggest city and travel five miles away from any of its limits and I believe you will see a corn field, and Green Bay seems to be a small town with a Football team. Plus I could see the players unhappy because of the bitter cold, and heck the media would despise it to no end.

Lambeau is a special place because its a local place, and its best that way.

Personally, I think the "Green BAy seems to be a small town with a football team." is the best part! Play the game where fans have a true love for the game! I really thought we were going to the Super Bowl this year and the more and more I talked about flying to Miami... I heard the horror stories of the large corporations that buy out several tickets and that only 25 percent of the fans attending are actually fans of the teams playing. Put the game where it is cold, and only the true FOOTBALL fans are gonna weather the cold........... i hope this one day is a reality.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Aside from the logistical facts that make a SB in GB impossible unless you want everyone to commute from Milwaukee... The Super Bowl is supposed to be the best game of the year between the two best teams. Making the teams play in, and the fans sit in what would likely be sub zero temperatures just wouldn't fly. There is a reason that the SB is played either in a dome or a warm climate city. Why hasn't New York or Philly or New England hosted a SB yet? And they have the hotels and other necessities to make it happen.

Nice thought but it will happen when pigs fly.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I grew up in Green Bay, live in Green Bay, and love this city very much. That being said, I don't think Green Bay should, or ever will host a Super Bowl. The thing I like about Green Bay in the NFL community is that it is special. A small town with the best franchise in the history of the game. To me having a game like the Super Bowl here would just exploit that. Not only that, Green Bay is not a big enough of a city. It lacks the proper accomodations. I.E. no top notch hotels, to go along with the fact that there just aren't that many hotels around the stadium period.

To me this is the most important part.....NO ONE BUT THE PACKERS SHOULD EVER PLAY IN LAMBEAU FIELD. If there were ever a game at Lambeau that the Pack didn't play in I wouldn't watch.

monkeyracer43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me this is the most important part.....NO ONE BUT THE PACKERS SHOULD EVER PLAY IN LAMBEAU FIELD. If there were ever a game at Lambeau that the Pack didn't play in I wouldn't watch.

I agree with that statement. Just imagine the Cowboys, Bears, or Vikings taking home the Lombardi Trophy from Leambeau. I couldn't stand to watch that happen.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I agree with that statement. Just imagine the Cowboys, Bears, or Vikings taking home the Lombardi Trophy from Leambeau. I couldn't stand to watch that happen.

Vikings win a Super Bowl??!?!? Haha, not likely. Haha. But you're right. Seeing the bears or cowboys win a Lombardi Trophy in Lambeau would be devastating.:viksux::chisux:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Do we really want weather playing a large part in deciding the champion of the NFL?

Don't get me wrong, if they could come up with some sort of temporary roof to put over Lambeau I would be all for it, but the Super Bowl should never be decided in snow.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Do we really want weather playing a large part in deciding the champion of the NFL?

Don't get me wrong, if they could come up with some sort of temporary roof to put over Lambeau I would be all for it, but the Super Bowl should never be decided in snow.

Exactly. It is one thing to be the home team in those conditions in the playoffs because you earned the right to make the other team play in conditions they may not be used to. It is entirely another matter for it to be a possible factor in the outcome of a neutral field game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question for the OP: Is this another one of those Joke/troll threads? Or are you being serious and sincere?
Sorry to be cynacal. We get these sincere threads that are really disguised as a joke now and then.

Anyway, we'll just have to be satisfied with playoff games in Lambeau and that's as close to the SB experience we'll get in GB and that's enough and fine with me.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
As a fair compromise, I'd be perfectly happy to host the NFC Championship game at Lambeau Field every single January?? How's that for fair?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Cold? Sheesh... it hit 20 today. Cold??????? You gotta be shittin' me...

...anyway, could you imagine all the ******* that buy up Super Bowl tickets because it's a social event?? Hell, most of the people in attendance are there to 'be seen'...it's only coincidental that they play a football game to most of those people - they get home and tell their friends, "yeah, I went to the Super Bowl ... and they even had a football game going on...". I'm sorry, but that type couldn't survive. They're too weak.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The New York stadium is in the works to host a game in a few years since they just got a new stadium, but as far as lambeau goes, It would never happen for the simple fact that the city isnt big enough to accommodate the amount of people. There isnt enough hotels to host even all of the media people, tv crews, production crews, ect. The superbowl is much bigger than the game itself its about the events the week prior and that weekend. the parties are huge superbowl weekend, and lets be honest GB would never be able to host any of that. They set up stuff for fans who cant afford to go to the SB (superbowl fan experience) and in NE wisconsin that wouldnt attract enough people to make it worth the while. Would there be enough temporary workers to help out? How do you think the locals would feel if there was zero tickets for them? There would be complaints from everyone.