Bring The Bucs

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be bad for the Packers. The Bucs whipped a good Buffalo team today and this game is not going to be played in the cold where the Packers have owned Tampa for years. They loose this game and they are in deep trouble because the schedule will get a hell of a lot harder.

OP
OP
rmayer32

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
This could be bad for the Packers. The Bucs whipped a good Buffalo team today and this game is not going to be played in the cold where the Packers have owned Tampa for years. They loose this game and they are in deep trouble because the schedule will get a hell of a lot harder.

Agreed they are in trouble if they lose this one.. Carolina will obviously be a tough one and New Orleans with the way we are playing is obviously no lock anymore .. Could be another 1-4 start or worse..

But they could also pull their heads out of their ***'s and roll off a streak as well.. Right now it's just too hard to tell, but I wouldn't bet on it unfortunately.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1-4...? Ya kiddin' me, right? More like 0-5, or worse....

There's no strategy nor any thinking-on-your-feet by the Coaching Staff at all.
Even Jim Bates was just standing there.... and THAT, I don't get at all.
Are they tying his hands? Sure smells like it...

How many long passes were there? four, five.. tops?
They've hamstrung Favre for sure this year....

Might as well get your cribbage boards back out....

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
1-4...? Ya kiddin' me, right? More like 0-5, or worse....

There's no strategy nor any thinking-on-your-feet by the Coaching Staff at all.
Even Jim Bates was just standing there.... and THAT, I don't get at all.
Are they tying his hands? Sure smells like it...

How many long passes were there? four, five.. tops?
They've hamstrung Favre for sure this year....

Might as well get your cribbage boards back out....

I refuse to see the constant doom that you guys are seeing.

I saw improvement all around. I saw a young defense play thier hearts out, an offense finally starting to hit a stride, but once again unfortunately I saw a couple of dipsh!t players make thier famous missed tackles and out of position mistakes. If there was absolutely no improvement form one week to the next (see Vikings), I'd understand the Sherman bashing and the dark moods.

No one in thier right mind expected this team to go to the Super Bowl. I think almost everyone in here was almost even ready to concede the division and hope for a 9-7 squeak into the playoffs type of year. Well guess what? The supposed division favorite is in LAST place. Lot of football left people.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Games are often won or lost on two or three plays. Yesterday we did not make those plays when we had the chance (Roman, Favre, Ferguson, Thomas and Collins being the guys who had a chance to make them).

Someone needs to explain to this team that a football game is 60 minutes long and points scored in the first half count for just as much as those scored in the second half. These guys need to come out from the get-go next week and look like they want to score on every possession, not just the ones where we're down by 2-3 scores. It's a lot easier to play both offense and defense when you have the lead.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
I saw ... an offense finally starting to hit a stride...
Yeah, they hit their stride at the end of the 4th quarter. Why can't the Packers come out like that at the beginning of games and be all fired up to win?

They take it so darn slow for the first 3 quarters, find themselves in a hole and try to climb out - that is not how to win or be dominant in the NFL.

It's been the same year in and year out since 2000. The Packers used to build leads or at least keep pace with the other team before that. Now they get 2 score deficits and try to come back in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Members online

Latest posts