Bring on the Vikings

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the Packers can get the early lead. If they do, I think the crowd could turn against the Vikings and that they could fall apart on the field. To me, the biggest difference between the Packers and Vikings is not the talent level, but I think the Packers are more mentally tough and can handle adveristy better than the Vikings can. If the Packers fall behind, I think they still have the mental toughness to try and fight their way back.

The Vikings haven't faced their home crowd since the LoveBoat incident. I read how some Vikings fans want to attend the game with bags on their heads. I think things could turn ugly for them if the Packers can jump on them early and the crowd lets the Vikings have it. If the Packers can't jump on them early, it will probably be a hard fought game that goes down to the final minutes and could go either way.

I'm really hoping the Packers can jump on them early and not let up on the throttle.

KansasViking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
To me, the biggest difference between the Packers and Vikings is not the talent level, but I think the Packers are more mentally tough and can handle adveristy better than the Vikings can. If the Packers fall behind, I think they still have the mental toughness to try and fight their way back.

You're exactly right about that. In fact we were talking about that very thing after you guys played that Monday night game against the Panthers. The Pack always thinks they can win and will make a valiant effort to get back in it. I hate to say it, because they are my team and I love them, but the Vikes don't have that attitude. They almost always fold if they get down in a game. I do not remember the last time we came back from 14 points down to win a game.

And you're correct about the crowd. The will jump on the Vikes early if they start messing up. I hate it when they do that, but that's the way it is. :(

OP
OP
A

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and thanks for your perspective on the Vikings. The season is pretty much on the line for both of these teams this week.

What's your take on Darren Sharper so far?

KansasViking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Welcome aboard and thanks for your perspective on the Vikings. The season is pretty much on the line for both of these teams this week.

What's your take on Darren Sharper so far?

A lot of the Packer fans I know don't like Sharper or thought he was at the end of his career. So far, I have liked the guy because he is a huge upgrade over Brian Russell. That kind of tells you how bad our defense was. On the road, Sharper has not been that great, making a bonehead penalty agains the Bears Sunday. But at home he has been pretty good for us.

And you're right about this game being crucial to both teams. If we lose Sunday, it's all over for us. May be anyway, but the ship will be in full flame if we tank this one.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty accurate Arizona. I think the Vikes are in a free fall and don't know how to get out of it. Tice looks clueless as to what to do and that trickles down to the players. If he doesn't have the answers that is a really bad sign. He will gone next season and I know wilf said he will stay but if we are 1-5 and still looking bad it may happen before the season. Especially after boatgate!!!

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what happens when you put an idiot ( Tice) in charge of a bunch of hoodlums. The Viqueens have just as much if not more talent than most teams in the NFL, but when you have an idiot at the reigns then you can't really blame the horse.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarkenton10 said:
Pretty accurate Arizona. I think the Vikes are in a free fall and don't know how to get out of it. Tice looks clueless as to what to do and that trickles down to the players. If he doesn't have the answers that is a really bad sign. He will gone next season and I know wilf said he will stay but if we are 1-5 and still looking bad it may happen before the season. Especially after boatgate!!!

The problem is there is no one on the staff right now who is qualified to take over. Tice will be in the TC until season's end and will be summarily dismissed at that time.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best (and maybe only) way the Vikes can right their ship at this point is to beat the Pack. Tice will be given a brief reprieve and the Pack's season is as good as over. That's why MS better have his guys kicking butt and taking names or fan anger flips to him. Packer fans can criticize as well as any fans. I don't go along with ".....but in this lousy division, we STILL have a chance." If we can't beat the Vikes now, when they are playing so badly, when will we? I sure as hell wouldn't want to, once again, limp into the playoffs and get embarrassed. We'll need some high draft picks next year and you don't get them as a playoff team.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm agree with you Gramps on everything. This game means so much for each Team and the possible "down the road" circumstances and difference makers that People looking in from the outside don't see for TWO 1-4 teams. Divisional tie breakers, player personal, Coaches, ect. I hope the Packers Bring it all!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that I'm having a hard time believing that this game means anything other than bragging rights until the next time they play each other, which is only about a month down the road.

These two teams are so wildly inconsistent that they will have to put together a string of victories before anyone will take either of them seriously. Last year we had the pleasure of watching the Pack earn two hard-fought victories against the Vikings, earning homefield advantage in the first round of the playoffs as the Vikings deteriorated into constant bickering--and then the Pack went out and got smoked by the Vikes at Lambeau in the playoffs.

I can easily picture one of these teams winning big on Sunday and then going right back into a tailspin. The NFC North may be wide open, but unless one of these four teams actually becomes a force to be reckoned with, a division title will mean no more than an eighth seed in the NBA or NHL playoffs. They will be just so much fodder for the good teams.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's that time of the season when I actually have to root for the suck *** Vikings. It's an ugly but necessary evil. :puke:

OP
OP
A

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
It's that time of the season when I actually have to root for the suck *** Vikings. It's an ugly but necessary evil. :puke:

Is it necessary to root for the Vikings because you are afraid the Packers might catch your Bears for the division title after seeing how the Packers crushed the Saints? :)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Philtration said:

Is it necessary to root for the Vikings because you are afraid the Packers might catch your Bears for the division title after seeing how the Packers crushed the Saints? :)
No, because I hate the Packers a lot more than the Vikings. The lesser of two evils thing you know?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How was it seeing the Bears lose by 10 to Cleveland when you took so much delight in the Packers losing to them by 3? Just wondering. I mean it was pathetic for Green Bay to give up 26 points to a Dilfer offence, so Chicago's vaunted unit surrendering 20 must be akin to them giving up 100 to a bonifide middle of the pack NFL offence, right?

:p

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
How was it seeing the Bears lose by 10 to Cleveland when you took so much delight in the Packers losing to them by 3? Just wondering.
Oh it was a lot of fun. That's two games that they have pissed away this season. How did that game vs. the Lions turn out anyway? Just wondering because the Bears whipped their *** real good.

OP
OP
A

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand that. That's pretty much how I feel when the Cowboys play the Vikings. When your Bears play the Lions though, I usually don't know who to root for. It's like an insignificant gnat playing against an annoying mosquito. :)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I can understand that. That's pretty much how I feel when the Cowboys play the Vikings. When your Bears play the Lions though, I usually don't know who to root for. It's like an insignificant gnat playing against an annoying mosquito. :)
I remember watching a Packers/Cowboys game once and that was REAL hard.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Philtration said:

No, because I hate the Packers a lot more than the Vikings. The lesser of two evils thing you know?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wow! I guess that he read it eh?

Members online

Latest posts