Bring on ...The Patriots?! Oh **** !!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To beat the Patriots we can't have those breakdowns in the secondary. If that doesn't get fixed, Brady will keep picking until he hits on one. I agree this is a big game. The team has been steadily improving, except in our defensive backfield. I said this yesterday for this team to get better they have to fix what ails them in the secondary.

was wondering when somebody was gonna mention this. if i see one more breakdown in communication, i'm gonna throw my high heel thru the tv, i swear!!

i know it comes with youth & we're growing, learning, yadda, yadda, yadda...but that doesn't make get torched by a long pass play any easier!!!

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cannot sit on the patriots Off if you think that Brady is not phased by a blitz you are stoned all QBS are even Favre. The Pats ate up a passive Vikings D. The Packers must pin there ears back and go after it and not be afraid to kick em in the teeth.

This is actually a better matchup for our secondary as the Pats have a young recieving corps. So they are short on the experience thing as we are as well But Jennings is well beyond his years as far as a football player goes.

This will be a shotout. Brady has thrown 6 picks in the last two weeks. The Patriots may also be trying to over reach as any good team does when it hits struggles.

If MM doesnt get to fancy and sticks to a game plan that has worked in the past I think the Pack steals this one

GB 24
Pats 21

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You never want to play a good team that's coming off a loss. But that's what the Jets had to do last week in New England, and they did fine. Now the Packers have to play a good team that's coming off TWO losses, which is a little different. You have to wonder if the Patriots are slipping a little. I don't think they are, but maybe, just maybe....

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pats, like the Vikes, have a stout run defense. I did see that Denver had success running the ball against them. Hopefully our zone scheme will be effective as well.

It will be a huge plus if we can run it and I agree with JB that we need to continue getting pressure on the QB. These things will help but it will still come down to turnovers.

I believe we can beat just about anybody when we don't turn it over.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget special teams. May not lose us the game but could make it very hard for our offense and defense.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd feel better about this if they hadn't lost two in a row. Those boys are going to come in here like a buzz saw. Still, we have a solid chance to win it.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady is going to kill us if we blitz that much.

NE's second string right guard broke his leg Sunday so they are down to a third team guy there. We might be able to get some pressure without having to blitz all the time. The center will provide help there so C. Jenkins & Co. needs to have a big day against the LG. He got by Hutch last week for a sack. Thats quite a feat.

Besides, when we do blitz our CB's are in man and I would rather see that than that stupid zone we manage to screw up with at times. I think we will match up pretty well with them from that standpoint. They're wideouts are o.k. but nothing spectacular.

They have been winning with a good running attack. We need to make sure that doesn't happen Sunday.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My theory hasn't been mentioned, as far as I know. It seems to me that this happens every year....I expect Miami to beat Minny, which means that, with a win, the Pack would be all alone in 2nd place. A great opportunity, wouldn't you say? Yet, whenever the team has a chance to move up, historically they botch up. It's almost like the inability to enjoy prosperity. Of course, they'll have the excuse that they lost to a good team if they want to use it. I dearly hope I'm wrong but It's happened too often for me to ignore it.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
63% of all our defensive calls have been blitzes I believe

That's an inflated stat actually. Sanders moved to a 3-3-5 lineup instead of the typicall 4-2-5 nickle package. In that line-up at least one of the LBs comes on a blitz. Even though that's a blitz, it's essentially the same as having 4 on the DL and only 2 LBs.

The defense has effectively used this line-up to create a better pass rush with 4 players. While technically it's a blitz, it is one that doesn't reduce players in pass coverage, which is the risk one takes when blitzing.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in New England I'm just glad I get to see this game. But as Tro initially said, this one is HUGE as far as knowing where our young and improving team is.

I'll hope for the best. :twocents:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My theory hasn't been mentioned, as far as I know. It seems to me that this happens every year....I expect Miami to beat Minny, which means that, with a win, the Pack would be all alone in 2nd place. A great opportunity, wouldn't you say? Yet, whenever the team has a chance to move up, historically they botch up. It's almost like the inability to enjoy prosperity. Of course, they'll have the excuse that they lost to a good team if they want to use it. I dearly hope I'm wrong but It's happened too often for me to ignore it.

It happens to a lot of teams. NE had a chance to take a 3 game lead in their division with a win at home against the Jets and blew it. I was watching the score of that game and hoping for a another Pats score.

They have gone away from what brought them there with their running game the last couple of weeks. Why they didn't run it more against Indy and the Jets I don't understand.

They may have been lulled into believing in the pass more than it was worthy after spreading it out and smoking the Vikes that way which was a good plan against such as stout run "D".

So what do they do this week? Our run "D" has been pretty good and the pass "D" (while better) has been what teams have tried to attack. NE has gone to the pass more the last couple of weeks and lost.

I say they will go back to running the ball. If we go out there early and stop the run successfully we have a good shot at beating these guys.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd almost be more comfortable if they were on a two game win streak :(.

But the Pack will give them a test (atleast I hope), hopefully this time the youngins will realize that .500 is important, but not play nervous like they did buffalo. Huge incentive. If the pack go .500 forget about the rest of the season the final six games they can rembmer going 4 for 5 against the patriots, vikings, dolphins, and cardinals. That could jolt them to go maybe 5-1 the rest of the way to a 10-6 record!!!

Members online

Latest posts