Bring on ...The Patriots?! Oh **** !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge test for the coaching staff. Forget the players, this is gonna be a chess match, and we will learn a lot about ol MM this game.

-Patriots have a GREAT running game. we have a good running defense.

-Patriots don't have the best passing game(but are exceeding expectations.) We have a poor pass D.

-Patriots have Brady. We have Favre.

This is going to be the most entertaining game of the year so far for packers fans i bet.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I think it will be entertaining, although you never know with Belichick. He could play wide open on offense, or he could try to grind it out. Coming off two straight losses, the Pats are looking vulnerable, but they usually play well in situations like this. (That's what I thought about their game today, though, and they lost.)

Today's win was the Packers' first win over a team that was not horrible, and now they can try to beat a team that is among the league's best.

Right now the unit that scares me most is the special teams. The kick coverage team has suffered major lapses in each of the last two games (luckily they were bailed out by a borderline penalty today), and the return teams are doing a poor job blocking. This needs to be shored up, or the Patriots are going to burn them.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been a couple years since they had lost 2 in a row. I wonder how long since they lost 3. Maybe this is the start of their demise but looking at Billichek after the game I think his boys will be ready to play

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Patriot's coming off two losses scares me. They could be mighty fired up and be ready to stomp us, especially if the Packers are still on their "we beat the Vikings in their house" high. We could get in trouble real quick.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England has trouble agaist the zone scheme so we may be able to run against them. GB needs to pressure Brady on Defense and not turn the ball over on offense. If they do those 2 things they will be in it.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im nervous about NE, but after seing wat we did in minnesota, there is no reason the pack should be counted out. No1 had us in the vikings game and im sure no1 will have us in the NE game. But thats wat we do, we prove all their ***** wrong

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over 60% over Yahoo NFL pick em chose Vikings over the Packers, they proved them wrong. No reason the pack cant prove them wrong.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Patriot's coming off two losses scares me. They could be mighty fired up and be ready to stomp us, especially if the Packers are still on their "we beat the Vikings in their house" high. We could get in trouble real quick.

Ryan you make an excellent point and that worries me as well. However, I have faith that MM will get them back down to earth REAL quick. To MM's credit the Packers seem to be ready and focused for each game. I think this will be no different although I think we lose a close one.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge test for the coaching staff. Forget the players, this is gonna be a chess match, and we will learn a lot about ol MM this game.

-Patriots have a GREAT running game. we have a good running defense.

-Patriots don't have the best passing game(but are exceeding expectations.) We have a poor pass D.

-Patriots have Brady. We have Favre.

This is going to be the most entertaining game of the year so far for packers fans i bet.

Yes my friend this will be the real test, I hope you are right on MM and I am wrong, I really do... I wish we beat the Pats and follow on the Seachickens !!! That will be awesome !!!

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They play Chicago the week after us. This will either be a game they overlook (seriously doubt that) or realize that this is a game they need to win to avoid a 4 game losing streak.

This is a bad week to play the Pats.

EDIT: Yet it is in Green Bay and I don't think the Pats know how to play in cold weather.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They play Chicago the week after us. This will either be a game they overlook (seriously doubt that) or realize that this is a game they need to win to avoid a 4 game losing streak.

EDIT: Yet it is in Green Bay and I don't think the Pats know how to play in cold weather.

This is one of the reasons people point to to explain Peyton Manning's trouble winning in New England.

I think the Pats know what they're doing in the cold. :)

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be the single most important moment of the season.

If Green Bay wins, they are on a tremendous high and they help their playoff hopes immensely.

If they lose, they have to go to Seattle with a potential loss possibly ending their post season hopes.

HUGE game.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will be ready to play and I've got confidence in MM to have a good gameplan for our offense. I'm not saying we will win for sure, but I do think we can keep it close.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the Packers have shown tremendous improvement since the first game against the Bears and a no turnover and mistake free game against the Patriots, Will show that the Packers are on right tract this year.

A victory against the Patriots ( considered one of powers in the NFL) in Green Bay , will show the doubters, that the Packers are on the way back after a shakey '06 start and a poor 4-12 season in '05. And put to rest the naysayers prediction that the Packers will be going through another 1968-1991 long losing era.

A strong finish to '06 season against Patriots, Seahawks, Jets, 49ers, Lions, Vikings, and Bears would prove to some of the "gloom and doom" posters on Packer forums that the Packer organization knows what they are doing. Or maybe nothing short of Packer Super Bowl Victory this year would satisfy "hard core trashers" of the Green Bay Packer franchise this year.

It would help if the Packers can improve their pass defense and we stop hearing that there was lack of communication in Packer secondary.

The very young Packer offensive line must keep improving and Tauscher hopefully, will be able to come back soon from his injury he sustained in the Viking game.

S Nick Collin and CB Patrick Dendy must improve over last half of the season. Pressure must be put on opposing Quarterbacks and the sacks must keep coming. The best pass defense is a QB running for his life or put or a QB on ground.

To be realistic of where the young Packer team and coaching staff is at point in '06 season, there probably still will be steps forward and also steps backwards. It is also how the Green Bay Packers handle adversity.

The Packer faithful will be "jacked up" for this Sunday's game with the Patriots at Lambeau Field!!!!!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To beat the Patriots we can't have those breakdowns in the secondary. If that doesn't get fixed, Brady will keep picking until he hits on one. I agree this is a big game. The team has been steadily improving, except in our defensive backfield. I said this yesterday for this team to get better they have to fix what ails them in the secondary.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad thing is if we get beat then we go to seattle with hopes down, and with Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselbeck back.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a very difficult game to win. They know that our biggest weakness right now is our pass defense, and they will attack it. Their WRs are looking better.

I'm confident that Belichick will be looking for some big gains and a couple of early TDs to quiet the crowd and put pressure on our offense. If our defense can prevent the big play and we don't turn the ball over, then we have a solid chance at winning.

GO PACK GO!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was hoping the Pats would have won their last two having Chicago after us. Now we are going to see them scratching and fighting.

It will come down to turnovers again. We win when we don't turn it over and are a darn good football team when we don't give the ball up. We have won every game we don't turn it over.

I see MM putting a similar game plan together as the Vikes game. More on BF to keep the ball moving. If our zone blocking gives the Pats trouble that would be a huge plus. They are pretty stout against the run however.

If we do beat the Pats after they have lost two in a row it will be a huge reflection on how far we have come.

If we can keep the pressure on like we have the last few weeks and hold onto the ball we should do just fine.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping the Pats would have won their last two having Chicago after us. Now we are going to see them scratching and fighting.

It will come down to turnovers again. We win when we don't turn it over and are a darn good football team when we don't give the ball up. We have won every game we don't turn it over.

I see MM putting a similar game plan together as the Vikes game. More on BF to keep the ball moving. If our zone blocking gives the Pats trouble that would be a huge plus. They are pretty stout against the run however.

If we do beat the Pats after they have lost two in a row it will be a huge reflection on how far we have come.

If we can keep the pressure on like we have the last few weeks and hold onto the ball we should do just fine.

I have a feeling that if the Pack win it wont make people stand up and take notice..

Rather it will be because something is wrong with N.E.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanders used the blitz against the Vikings because Viking's Quarterback Brad Johnson it not very mobile and is bothered by blitzers. It worked. Vikings double teamed Aaron Kampman & Corry Williams all day and that made it possible to have our quick linebackers be effective using blitz. In the past I don't think the Packers used the blitz that much. Prior to the Viking game, DT Williams and DE Kampman had most of the QB sacks.

This does not mean the Packers' defensive co-ordinator will use the same defensive game plan against the Patriots that they used against the Vikings.. The Packers will use a defensive game plan taking into consideration that Brady is Patriot QB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts