Bring on the Browns!

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enough of the analysis of this last weekend.

Just to note other teams that lost:

Eagles
Vikings
Rams
Carolina
Broncos
Ravens
Chargers

Are these stinky teams? I don't think so (well maybe the Queens).

My point is only one week has passed. As far as I can tell the playoffs don't start this Sunday.

The Browns TRULY stink. This will be a nice win for us at home and give us time to work on things we need to work on.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the Browns do TRULY stink. Just the perfect team to overlook. I hate to say it, but there is a track record of playing down to the competition.

That said, our defense will get better every week they are together, which is hopeful. Just gotta get head outta *** on offense..or more specifically, in gameplanning.

One has to wonder, as bad as Slowik was (and make no mistake, he was horrible) was he the subject of MS pressure to abandon defenses at the last moment throughout the year last year? Given his (MS) propensity to abandon the running game when down by an insurmountable 7 points last week, and numerous times previously, there is an M.O. on the guy.

Just food for thought.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the "Happy Pill" TOP.

Hey, the season is there to be had, and we have as much a chance as MOST teams. But they gotta get some big kinks worked out on offense. I look for Favre to rebound mightily...behind our power running game. That means feeding the back the ball AT LEAST 25 - 30 times and taking calculated shots downfield.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green had 5 yards a carry last week vs. a very good front 4. If he doesn't get at least 25 carries against the no-names that play on the Browns' DL, I'm going to be furious.

And use Bubba for chrissakes (and not just because he's on my fantasy team). You paid the guy $4 million a season so throw him the damn ball. He looked to be open all day on Sunday.

We should win this game, (though with our D's performance last Sunday, we should have won that one too). We need to play, not just to win, but to destroy these guys. It's time to make a statement that this is still our division and we're not going to let anyone take it away from us.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say this - the WARNING LIGHT IS ON - and if everyone tries to flavor this loss as just a fluke.. and they work to lessen its importance for the future.. then any one who does... has already lost us the Season...

You KNOW the Eagles will rebound - Andy Reid won't lose two in-a-row.
And neither will any of those other Teams - even the Vikings.

It's time the Powerful Packers came back to Lambeau Field...
(When's the last time you heard that phrase..?)

I really don't care if they sell it as PR for the fans - somehow the Players will get wind of it...
And maybe, just maybe. they'll emulate it on the field.

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I'll say this - the WARNING LIGHT IS ON - and if everyone tries to flavor this loss as just a fluke.. and they work to lessen its importance for the future.. then any one who does... has already lost us the Season...

You KNOW the Eagles will rebound - Andy Reid won't lose two in-a-row.
And neither will any of those other Teams - even the Vikings.

It's time the Powerful Packers came back to Lambeau Field...
(When's the last time you heard that phrase..?)

I really don't care if they sell it as PR for the fans - somehow the Players will get wind of it...
And maybe, just maybe. they'll emulate it on the field.
I agree Tony... The Pack NEEEDS to get going and get going NOW... The Browns WILL be the sacrificial lamb this week... that is, if the Packers get to playing with a little more pride. I have never been a Mike Sherman fan, but if he doesn't start being the motivator, and start showing SOME emotion, then get the guillotine out... Ron Wolf isn't going to take much more I'm afraid... I mean- the Lions? Yes, they are an improved team, but have we REALLY FALLEN off the wagon THAT much? Maybe some good home "COOKIN'" will get them going... They have two weeks at home to set the pace of how the rest of the season will go...

Brownies... Yum Yum :chest:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Enough of the analysis of this last weekend.

Just to note other teams that lost:

Eagles
Vikings
Rams
Carolina
Broncos
Ravens
Chargers

Are these stinky teams? I don't think so (well maybe the Queens).

My point is only one week has passed. As far as I can tell the playoffs don't start this Sunday.

The Browns TRULY stink. This will be a nice win for us at home and give us time to work on things we need to work on.

and also let us not forget the tragic losses of life and property to hurricane katrina in new orleans and the gulf coast. things could be worse.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick Note - for us here in Indy - this next week's game has several items going on... at Lambeau Field.

It's our first Home Game for the Season
It's when we retire Reggie White's number inside the hallowed circle....
(I'm bettin' Brett comes out all fired up over it, too)

Here in Indy - We now have the local BrownsBackers Club setup on the other side of our Hangout at the Fox... So, this coming weekend, we're planning our own special party - with all sorts of prizes and contests... Should be a great time all 'round!

sunrays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not letting last Sunday get me down. Like you all said alot of the good teams had a bad start. They are home this weekend. I for one wish I would be there to cheer for them, but alas I will be cheering in the comforts of home.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Better to finish strong for the playoffs then to start strong now and fizzle later. No that's not a jab at the Vikings of the last couple years :p

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
I see. The Lions sucked last week and you were going to prove all of the non-believes wrong. Then the Packers got their *** kicked and suddenly the Lions are a very good team. Now the Browns suck and if the Packers win, then you will thump your chest and proclaim yourselves as the greatest team in the NFL for beating the lowly Browns at home. You explain away a defeat as just a fluke and then accept a win like a spoiled child. What happens if the Browns win this game?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I'm gonna write a letter to Ted Thompson asking for Tom Rossley's backside.....

Keep us informed on how that goes. In the meantime I'm writing Nick Luchey asking for Jessica Simpsons backside. :p

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
IPBprez said:
I'm gonna write a letter to Ted Thompson asking for Tom Rossley's backside.....

Keep us informed on how that goes. In the meantime I'm writing Nick Luchey asking for Jessica Simpsons backside. :p
Nice....heheh.... Remember now, I didn't SAY what I planned to do with it...
We could send it over to that SURVIVOR Series.. ya know! 8)

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly,

Look through MY past posts. I never said the Lions suck. I personally think they are an average team with an overrated offense (until they fix their O-line and get a better QB).

But the Browns truly do s*ck. If we lose to them this week, we may see some MAJOR movement within the organization. Whether heads will role or reorganization.

But we won't lose, we are a good team. Like I said, this is a game that allows us to work on things that we were lacking on last weekend.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope that - for Reggie's sake, if anything...

<center>- then the Pack would open up at home with a huge "W"....</center>

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
surays, you need to get to a game.

We need to be ready this weekend. After our dismal showing the Browns are more than likely thinking this is a game they can win.

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Robin Yount said:
I see. The Lions sucked last week and you were going to prove all of the non-believes wrong. Then the Packers got their *** kicked and suddenly the Lions are a very good team. Now the Browns suck and if the Packers win, then you will thump your chest and proclaim yourselves as the greatest team in the NFL for beating the lowly Browns at home. You explain away a defeat as just a fluke and then accept a win like a spoiled child. What happens if the Browns win this game?
Don't have much to talk about, Phil? After watching your "Bares"... (you know- "barely able"...) I bet you just love comin' over here with all your bashing...

I guess in all reality, when your team doesn't give you much to talk about, other than how hot it's getting in the cellar... :Evil:

Even if the Pack has a down year, we still are confident we'll finish ahead of the "Bares"... :whippin:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be bad. A loss to Cleveland could be devastating. Home loss to a 3-13 type team would not look good. You do not want to be one of the 3. This really is a pride game.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts