Bretts INT's in Perspective

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy..

What DePack and I and others are trying to say is that if a team shuts down your running game, and your receivers are not that talented...then it leaves you little choice but to throw in to coverage....

or else..just fire the ball into the turf...and play 3 and outs all game...

which would hardly be interesting Packer football...so you have to take your shots...even though it's a low percentage of succes....but if anybody has a chance of making it work...Brett does...but it didn't happen....

there wasn't much else Brett could do.....

There were other things they could have tried...but I don't think SherRossley was imaginative enough to come up with them...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@ chicago the Packers are on the ~5, 2nd down, and about 20 seconds to go in the half. At the worst, I think the Packers were looking at going up by 2, if not punching it in. Brett faces heavy pressure and instead of taking a sack at the 10, he lofts one in the air, no clue where it's going, it's picked, Bears return it 95 yards, get a field goal, and you're looking at a 6-10 point swing in 15 seconds. That has nothing to do with talent, play calling, or whatever...it's decision making.

Plays like that are what I'm commenting on...if fergy is triple covered v. Philly, shouldn't someone else be open? The cinncy game was just..well, awful..the defense kept them in the game in spite of the 5 picks, and 4 consecutive possessions with a pick...

these are the situations I'm referring to...but the Packers didn't have a prayer v. Carolina if not for Brett, he had a very solid game @ minny, etc and in these games he was a large reason they were even in the game...I admit that...but I don't think a 15 year vet should be making mistakes like the ones I described, or at least they shouldn't be excused.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy..

He did it to get Sherman fired...

(Haven't you figured that out by now...jeez!)

Members online

Latest posts