Brett to decide around the super Bowl?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so glad Favre is waiting til around the superbowl to make his "announcement"
I mean, when there's a ton of meaningful football going on that has nothing to do with the Greenbay Packers, he's got to make sure he gets his ugly mug on the TV during primetime of course. Maybe they'll make his "announcement" the halftime show.

I take it your confidence is still smarting after the manhandling Brett and the Pack gave you at home on New Year's.

Can we say 'One and Out'??? :rotflmao:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
I'm so glad Favre is waiting til around the superbowl to make his "announcement"
I mean, when there's a ton of meaningful football going on that has nothing to do with the Greenbay Packers, he's got to make sure he gets his ugly mug on the TV during primetime of course. Maybe they'll make his "announcement" the halftime show.

I take it your confidence is still smarting after the manhandling Brett and the Pack gave you at home on New Year's.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

When 1 TD and 1 int is the best game you can muster vs. the Bears in over two years, facing their backups in the 2nd half, I wouldnt say favre had much to do with it.
I'll be bumping this as the Bears continue to win and you guys continue to debate whether you'll have to start a very average old QB next year or a very below average backup who will never amount to anything. Sounds like fun.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

When 1 TD and 1 int is the best game you can muster vs. the Bears in over two years, facing their backups in the 2nd half, I wouldnt say favre had much to do with it.
I'll be bumping this as the Bears continue to win and you guys continue to debate whether you'll have to start a very average old QB next year or a very below average backup who will never amount to anything. Sounds like fun.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Are we trading for any of the last 15 bear QB's? :rubeyes:

I will take that very average old (HOF) QB anytime. And If you ask most of the bear fans...they would too!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you think giving your opponent 6 turnovers and 2 touchdowns is going to win you a Super Bowl, you are in worse denial than I had originally thought. You played your "backup" in the second half, because your starter literally gave away any hope you had to win the game. So much for Lovie wanting da Bears to "finish strong" going into the playoffs.

I wonder... Seeing how you had such a hard time competing against a "very average old QB" and a line of rookies in regular season, do you honestly think you will fare any better against Seattle in the playoffs?

Here's a hint:

Seattle 17
Bears 3

Enjoy! :whippin:

Robert C. Hedley

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Are we trading for any of the last 15 bear QB's? :rubeyes:

I will take that very average old (HOF) QB anytime. And If you ask most of the bear fans...they would too!

Get your facts straight...It's been 21 starting QB's in Chicago since that old average guy has started in Green Bay!!!!!!

The funny thing is that out of the previous 20, there are very few who have performed worse than ole Rexy boy. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

ytnewton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

I am not a Bears fan, but finally a voice of reason. All you "packer backers" have to get over it and move on, it's over! It was over for him last year, and still he came back. If he comes back again it is just delaying the the growth of other potential starters. He is a shell of his former self, do you really want him to stick around as his skills decay and remember him that way? If you do you are just being selfish.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

I am not a Bears fan, but finally a voice of reason. All you "packer backers" have to get over it and move on, it's over! It was over for him last year, and still he came back. If he comes back again it is just delaying the the growth of other potential starters. He is a shell of his former self, do you really want him to stick around as his skills decay and remember him that way? If you do you are just being selfish.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Glad you have some inside info. there, you are 100% sure it is over.
Most on this forum are ready to "move on" as you say, but Brett will make his decision, when he wants.

As far as Brett being a "shell of his former self", although he is not what he was 10 years ago, he is far from being ready to be put out to pasture.

Brett is still Brett, the TEAM that surrounded him was"a shell of it's former self" in 2005, and even early 2006, but they are young and are learning(with Brett leading them).

No way is he delaying "the growth of other potential starters...If A-Rod is the heir apparent to Brett, he has stated time and time again, Brett is still the starting QB on The Packers and he is more than happy to wait and continue learning until it is his time.

So don't come here accusing us Packer Fans of not being able to "move on" as you put it.

Brett will decide when we all have to "move on", when he does, we will all "MOVE ON"

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How 'bout them Bears?

I may differ from a lot of people here, but I'm actually rooting for the Bears to win the Super Bowl. It would be a good feeling to know that the Packers soundly defeated the SB champions in the last game of the season.

Plus, I HATE the AFC. I think that the Bears have the best chance at beating whomever represents the AFC.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for the digs against Favre, if the Bears had Favre, there would be no question that they'd win the SB this year. No question whatsoever. With Grossman out there, there's a big question.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:

If you think giving your opponent 6 turnovers and 2 touchdowns is going to win you a Super Bowl, you are in worse denial than I had originally thought. You played your "backup" in the second half, because your starter literally gave away any hope you had to win the game. So much for Lovie wanting da Bears to "finish strong" going into the playoffs.

I wonder... Seeing how you had such a hard time competing against a "very average old QB" and a line of rookies in regular season, do you honestly think you will fare any better against Seattle in the playoffs?

Here's a hint:

Seattle 17
Bears 3

Robert C. Hedley

Care to revise that prediction there, Nostradamus?

Bwahahah!

Zombie, I have all the respect for Favre, but the amount of jock fondling the guy gets is just annoying by now. Forgive me for my digs, but what can I say? All I got is Rex Grossman. :rotflmao:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rest assured the Packer fans will "move on" when they have to. I think you'd have a tough time finding one that truly wants that to happen.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

Here's a hint:

Seattle 17
Bears 3

Robert C. Hedley

Bwahahah!

Zombie, I have all the respect for Favre, but the amount of jock fondling the guy gets is just annoying by now. Forgive me for my digs, but what can I say? All I got is Rex Grossman. :rotflmao:

Bear - Favre didn't get one tenth of jock fondling that John Elway did. Not one tenth. Sure, there are media folk out there who think Favre can't do anything wrong, but there are also media folk who think Favre should hang up his hat.

Like I said, I'm rooting for the Bears now because they'll be representing the NFC. I think they have a better shot at beating the Pats/Colts than the Saints do. However, you gotta admit Grossman's bad days are much worse than Favre's bad days.

EDIT - Here are some examples this year of the bad Grossman:
6 ari | 14 37 144 0 4 | 3 -7 0
13 min | 6 19 34 0 3 | 4 -9 0
17 gnb | 2 12 33 0 3 | 2 -1 0

See, when he gets bad, he really gets bad.

Luckily for the Bears, they have such a complete team that they can still win when Grossman has one of his bad days. Come playoffs though, this might be different. I'm hoping though that I'm wrong, because more than anything else, I don't want to see a Manning with a SB ring. So I'm hoping the Grossman who comes out to play the next 2 games is the good Grossman and not the bad Grossman.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was unbelievable to me when they showed the graphic about Grossman being 2nd in the league for number of games with a QB rating over 100, and also being the league leader for games with a rating under 40. that's bananas.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

Here's a hint:

Seattle 17
Bears 3

Robert C. Hedley

Bwahahah!

Bear - Favre didn't get one tenth of jock fondling that John Elway did. Not one tenth. Sure, there are media folk out there who think Favre can't do anything wrong, but there are also media folk who think Favre should hang up his hat.

Like I said, I'm rooting for the Bears now because they'll be representing the NFC. I think they have a better shot at beating the Pats/Colts than the Saints do. However, you gotta admit Grossman's bad days are much worse than Favre's bad days.

Luckily for the Bears, they have such a complete team that they can still win when Grossman has one of his bad days. Come playoffs though, this might be different. I'm hoping though that I'm wrong, because more than anything else, I don't want to see a Manning with a SB ring. So I'm hoping the Grossman who comes out to play the next 2 games is the good Grossman and not the bad Grossman.

Wasn't some of Brett's magnification in the media his own doing? Seems like he was sometimes calling news conferences to announce his decision to not decide whether he was retiring or not. Seems like some of the press was self inflicted.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
BearPerspective said:
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

Here's a hint:

Seattle 17
Bears 3

Robert C. Hedley

Bwahahah!

Wasn't some of Brett's magnification in the media his own doing? Seems like he was sometimes calling news conferences to announce his decision to not decide whether he was retiring or not. Seems like some of the press was self inflicted.

I am not so sure Brett ever called any p/c to announce he hasnt decided yet?

In fact I dont think Brett ever called ap/c to even announce he was not retiring the last 2 years..

IMO this is all blown up by the media, they dont know when to shut it..They ask him ever single chance they get..

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Zombieslayer said:
BearPerspective said:
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

Here's a hint:

Seattle 17
Bears 3

Robert C. Hedley

Bwahahah!

In fact I dont think Brett ever called ap/c to even announce he was not retiring the last 2 years..

IMO this is all blown up by the media, they dont know when to shut it..They ask him ever single chance they get..

DIdn't he have a press conference last year at a golf outing to announce that there was no decision. Of course, it very well could be that he was there and the press was pressuring him or maybe the press speculated at an announcement. Everyone wants to break the story.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
4thand26 said:
Zombieslayer said:
BearPerspective said:
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

Here's a hint:

Seattle 17
Bears 3

Robert C. Hedley

Bwahahah!

DIdn't he have a press conference last year at a golf outing to announce that there was no decision. Of course, it very well could be that he was there and the press was pressuring him or maybe the press speculated at an announcement. Everyone wants to break the story.

Yes he had one, but HE did not arrange it, one of his "people" did..Actually I think it was someone that works closley with Deanna..

The notice that went out got twisted around somehow, cuz she never technically said Brett was holding a p/c in the statment she released.

This came from a very reliable source when it all happened last year.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
4thand26 said:
Zombieslayer said:
BearPerspective said:
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

Here's a hint:

Seattle 17
Bears 3

Robert C. Hedley

Bwahahah!

He has a press conference every year at his golf outing. However it is about the foundation and it's work. The media got all hyped up thinking he might make a statement. When asked about retirement at the press conference about his foundation, Favre simply said "I have not made up my mind yet.....I don't even understand why you are all here".

Favre is guilty of one thing...honesty. And the media is guilty of one thing...explosion. they, every year, blow up the whole "will he or won't he? How many players, near the end of their career contemplate retiring each of their last 3 or 4 years? all of them. Favre is just too honest when asked about it and then the media runs wild with it. Tiki Barber has been planning his retirement for years....figuring the best time to exit. Currently, Rob Davis is thinking about it, as is William Henderson, and Testeverde, and Parcells, and everyone else near the end!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
longtimefan said:
4thand26 said:
Zombieslayer said:
BearPerspective said:
Anubis said:
BearPerspective said:

Here's a hint:

Seattle 17
Bears 3

Robert C. Hedley

Bwahahah!

He has a press conference every year at his golf outing. However it is about the foundation and it's work. The media got all hyped up thinking he might make a statement. When asked about retirement at the press conference about his foundation, Favre simply said "I have not made up my mind yet.....I don't even understand why you are all here".

Favre is guilty of one thing...honesty. And the media is guilty of one thing...explosion. they, every year, blow up the whole "will he or won't he? How many players, near the end of their career contemplate retiring each of their last 3 or 4 years? all of them. Favre is just too honest when asked about it and then the media runs wild with it. Tiki Barber has been planning his retirement for years....figuring the best time to exit. Currently, Rob Davis is thinking about it, as is William Henderson, and Testeverde, and Parcells, and everyone else near the end!

:agree:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO NOONE not even Bretts closest friends know what he is going to decide to do, everyone just speculates...ONLY Brett knows!!! When people say they have their reliable sourses that dont mean a thing. It comes down to the person "Brett" hes the only one that knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts