1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brett to decide around the super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jan 6, 2007.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    MILWAUKEE - A source close to the Favre family says that if Brett Favre had to make a decision Friday regarding his future in the NFL, he would choose retirement.

But, the source said Favre would hold off on a firm decision until sometime around Super Bowl weekend.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/_content/news/topstories/story_6418.asp

2. PACKmanN

PACKmanN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    looks like he already made up his mind. He not coming back.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    tick tock tick tock

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Deja Vu, this is 2006 all over again with a shorter time line.

5. PACKmanN

PACKmanN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I bet anyone he going to tell everyone oh it was a lie like he did last year in his golf tourment then make everyone wait again.

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    He didnt call that p/c someone from his "camp" did...

The lady made a mistake in contacting the media stating Brett was having a p/c

7. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett is going to retire someday, I just hope he does what is best for him and once he retires that is the end of football for him for ever. I hope he stays one more year but either way Im gonna scream my lungs out every sunday for the packers in 07-08.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

That was media driven, not Brett driven. Someone took some loose words from his wifes publicist out of context.

I wrote a massive article proving it. :)

9. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is that the clock counting down your multiple orgasms as your dream of the last two years finally comes true? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brett will do what he wants to do, The Packer Organization will be prepared for either situation, but I am afraid they will take a step backwards from the improvements of 2006.

Hopefully TT realizes that 8-8 isn't good enough year after year, he has been given a pass his first two years and has made some good moves in the right direction.

Let's hope he continues making those moves, let's hope Brett realizes that he has a chance to be a part of a team that can make a playoff run, and that life after football can wait one more year.

As Packerlegend said, whoever is leading the offense next year, and whoever is taking the field for The Packers, he will be screaming for them every Sunday.
    I will be also, I hope those of you who like to critisize the players who you don't like realize it is a team that takes the field, and you should support that team if you are a true fan.

10. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree that I think he's already decided to retire. I felt that when I saw his emotional interview after the Bears game. For him that was his final vindication that he can still play and he wanted to go out on a high note. I believe Brett can still play at a high level and I truly believe this, he would be the difference maker on a team that can challenge for the division championship next season.

The guy simply has to do what is in his heart. I'd love for him to play just one more season, get those records that he so richly deserves and really walk away as the best quarterback that has ever played the game. But at the same time, other than his ankle, he's going to walk away from the game healthy and I guess you can't complain about that.

11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    He hasnt decided yet...

12. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I hope I'm wrong. But I've got a gut feeling that the decision has already been made, just hasn't been announced yet.

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Guess again....

Last year at this time he did say he was retiring to people close to him..but didnt want to announce it..This year he hasnt said a word to those same people..

but this article is funny cuz from what I have SEEN, the "family friend" is not known by certain people

14. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    GB is gonna steal SB attention!!!!

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Didn't Emmit Smith do that last year? Or was it the year before?

16. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The... talk... never... ends...

[​IMG]

17. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    just like 2006, the superbowl will come around and mangement will say that there never was a time table or deadline

18. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Here is why I believe he has decided to call it quits. I saw the end of the game interview and it sure looked to me like he announced his retirement. After that emotional statement, he pulled back big time in his locker room interview when he said he didn't want to talk about and was going to talk about it. Here is what I think happened. He made a statement because he knew this was going to be it for him. But as Brett likes to do, he gathered himself and wanted to give himself some room just in case he changed his mind.

I will say it again, I hope I'm wrong, because more than anything I want to see him get those records. I think this team can win with him as the QB next year and I'm not sure they can without him. He's still one of the top five quarterbacks in the league in my opinion. I just sense that he has had enough and is going to end it. My theories don't stem from what anyone has said or commented on It's just a guy feeling from what I saw after the Bear game.

19. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    what convinced me was the things he said in the interview like "im going to miss these guys".....

i agree with you guys that he has made up his mind that he will retire.

20. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481

Couldnt it very well be that he realized that COULD be his last game, and it hit him out of the blue..He just sort of was like WHOAHHHHHH..This could be the last time on the field...

Or do you truly believe he knew that was his last game?

I say its the former...

21. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good good zero. ITS TEH MEDIA FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's good, the PACKERS need to know sooner rather than later about Favre's future. If he comes back, maybe we can go after Gonzalez, Moss, etc. and if he doesn't come back then we go after a solid veteran QB to back up Rodgers.

23. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    It would not make much sense to me if he quits now. Last year the wait and see deal was about what the Pack was going to do to get better personnel. He wasn't much interested if they didn't have a chance to win.

There was nothing but question marks everywhere as far as the teams capabilities.

The final decision came when he decided it really wasn't necessarily all about winning and that he still loved to play.

Now there is a good chance he can have both and he's talking about quitting.

I don't get it.

24. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    You need that talent with Rodgers as well as Favre.

Brett gone + Vet QB
    Brett stays no vet QB needed

That's really the only difference in the roster management and Ted an Mike have said as much.

25. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187

Also they said last year he cried his eyes out in the Locker room and he thought he was gonna retire, he guessed again