Brett to decide around the super Bowl?

PACKmanN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet anyone he going to tell everyone oh it was a lie like he did last year in his golf tourment then make everyone wait again.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet anyone he going to tell everyone oh it was a lie like he did last year in his golf tourment then make everyone wait again.

He didnt call that p/c someone from his "camp" did...

The lady made a mistake in contacting the media stating Brett was having a p/c

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is going to retire someday, I just hope he does what is best for him and once he retires that is the end of football for him for ever. I hope he stays one more year but either way Im gonna scream my lungs out every sunday for the packers in 07-08.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

That was media driven, not Brett driven. Someone took some loose words from his wifes publicist out of context.

I wrote a massive article proving it. :)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tick tock tick tock

Is that the clock counting down your multiple ******* as your dream of the last two years finally comes true? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brett will do what he wants to do, The Packer Organization will be prepared for either situation, but I am afraid they will take a step backwards from the improvements of 2006.

Hopefully TT realizes that 8-8 isn't good enough year after year, he has been given a pass his first two years and has made some good moves in the right direction.

Let's hope he continues making those moves, let's hope Brett realizes that he has a chance to be a part of a team that can make a playoff run, and that life after football can wait one more year.

As Packerlegend said, whoever is leading the offense next year, and whoever is taking the field for The Packers, he will be screaming for them every Sunday.
I will be also, I hope those of you who like to critisize the players who you don't like realize it is a team that takes the field, and you should support that team if you are a true fan.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that I think he's already decided to retire. I felt that when I saw his emotional interview after the Bears game. For him that was his final vindication that he can still play and he wanted to go out on a high note. I believe Brett can still play at a high level and I truly believe this, he would be the difference maker on a team that can challenge for the division championship next season.

The guy simply has to do what is in his heart. I'd love for him to play just one more season, get those records that he so richly deserves and really walk away as the best quarterback that has ever played the game. But at the same time, other than his ankle, he's going to walk away from the game healthy and I guess you can't complain about that.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that I think he's already decided to retire. I felt that when I saw his emotional interview after the Bears game. For him that was his final vindication that he can still play and he wanted to go out on a high note. I believe Brett can still play at a high level and I truly believe this, he would be the difference maker on a team that can challenge for the division championship next season.

The guy simply has to do what is in his heart. I'd love for him to play just one more season, get those records that he so richly deserves and really walk away as the best quarterback that has ever played the game. But at the same time, other than his ankle, he's going to walk away from the game healthy and I guess you can't complain about that.

He hasnt decided yet...

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong. But I've got a gut feeling that the decision has already been made, just hasn't been announced yet.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong. But I've got a gut feeling that the decision has already been made, just hasn't been announced yet.

Guess again....

Last year at this time he did say he was retiring to people close to him..but didnt want to announce it..This year he hasnt said a word to those same people..

but this article is funny cuz from what I have SEEN, the "family friend" is not known by certain people

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The... talk... never... ends...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just like 2006, the superbowl will come around and mangement will say that there never was a time table or deadline

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is why I believe he has decided to call it quits. I saw the end of the game interview and it sure looked to me like he announced his retirement. After that emotional statement, he pulled back big time in his locker room interview when he said he didn't want to talk about and was going to talk about it. Here is what I think happened. He made a statement because he knew this was going to be it for him. But as Brett likes to do, he gathered himself and wanted to give himself some room just in case he changed his mind.

I will say it again, I hope I'm wrong, because more than anything I want to see him get those records. I think this team can win with him as the QB next year and I'm not sure they can without him. He's still one of the top five quarterbacks in the league in my opinion. I just sense that he has had enough and is going to end it. My theories don't stem from what anyone has said or commented on It's just a guy feeling from what I saw after the Bear game.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what convinced me was the things he said in the interview like "im going to miss these guys".....

i agree with you guys that he has made up his mind that he will retire.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is why I believe he has decided to call it quits. I saw the end of the game interview and it sure looked to me like he announced his retirement. After that emotional statement, he pulled back big time in his locker room interview when he said he didn't want to talk about and was going to talk about it. Here is what I think happened. He made a statement because he knew this was going to be it for him. But as Brett likes to do, he gathered himself and wanted to give himself some room just in case he changed his mind.

Couldnt it very well be that he realized that COULD be his last game, and it hit him out of the blue..He just sort of was like WHOAHHHHHH..This could be the last time on the field...

Or do you truly believe he knew that was his last game?

I say its the former...

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKmanN said:

That was media driven, not Brett driven. Someone took some loose words from his wifes publicist out of context.

I wrote a massive article proving it. :)

Good good zero. ITS TEH MEDIA FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good, the PACKERS need to know sooner rather than later about Favre's future. If he comes back, maybe we can go after Gonzalez, Moss, etc. and if he doesn't come back then we go after a solid veteran QB to back up Rodgers.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would not make much sense to me if he quits now. Last year the wait and see deal was about what the Pack was going to do to get better personnel. He wasn't much interested if they didn't have a chance to win.

There was nothing but question marks everywhere as far as the teams capabilities.

The final decision came when he decided it really wasn't necessarily all about winning and that he still loved to play.

Now there is a good chance he can have both and he's talking about quitting.

I don't get it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
That's good, the PACKERS need to know sooner rather than later about Favre's future. If he comes back, maybe we can go after Gonzalez, Moss, etc. and if he doesn't come back then we go after a solid veteran QB to back up Rodgers.

You need that talent with Rodgers as well as Favre.

Brett gone + Vet QB
Brett stays no vet QB needed

That's really the only difference in the roster management and Ted an Mike have said as much.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
packedhouse01 said:

Couldnt it very well be that he realized that COULD be his last game, and it hit him out of the blue..He just sort of was like WHOAHHHHHH..This could be the last time on the field...

Or do you truly believe he knew that was his last game?

I say its the former...

Also they said last year he cried his eyes out in the Locker room and he thought he was gonna retire, he guessed again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts