Brett to be fined???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5965863"]Source: Brett Favre probe resolution within 48 hours - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5965953@@AMEPARAM@@5965953[/ame]

The NFL will announce a decision in the Brett Favre/Jenn Sterger case within the next 48 hours, a person familiar with the case told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Favre, currently with the Vikings, is not expected to be suspended, but he will be disciplined, according to the source.

Not suspended, but disciplined?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And cue the Favrits to defend him

why should he be fined?? he never did anything!! this is just the NFL trying to cover their butts!! this is ridiculous!!

A fine for what? allowing this piece of garbage to talk about him and not paying her off to not do so?

Maybe a barrage of emails to Goodell are necessary? Anyone have his email addy? I lost it when my computer crashed last time.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ridiculous this even took so long. There's not really any point in suspending him. What, so he can miss the last game of the regular season?

I find it hard to believe they didn't have proof the shots were of Favre's ****. I think they're protecting him.

What a friggin joke.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
50K for failure to cooperate

However, Commissioner Goodell also determined that Favre was not candid in several respects during the investigation, resulting in a longer review and additional negative public attention for Favre, Sterger, and the N.F.L. Commissioner Goodell stated to Favre that if he had found a violation of the league’s workplace conduct policies, he would have imposed a substantially higher level of discipline.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/30/sports/football/30favre.html

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One day after statute of limitations expire, nfl comes out fine, jets come out fine, favre can say "see I didn't do it, I just didn't feel I should have to defend myself", favre worshippers can say he didn't do anything wrong, new harassment training policy gets put in place so Sterger can say "see, it wasn't about the money" while pulling out $100 bills from the suitcase under her bed. Everyone's happy.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brent will be out scouring the parks in search of cans for the deposit in an effort to pay this fine...

In a related story, sports fans across the nation have started sending footballs, baseballs, golf balls, tennis balls and any other sort of balls they can find to the NFL offices...it is apparent that they have lost theirs.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Brent will be out scouring the parks in search of cans for the deposit in an effort to pay this fine...

In a related story, sports fans across the nation have started sending footballs, baseballs, golf balls, tennis balls and any other sort of balls they can find to the NFL offices...it is apparent that they have lost theirs.

Excellent!!

Seriously can't believe that he still has defenders! WTH??
He ADMITTED to the voicemails, now the only reasonable conclusion is that he was being uncooperative as far as the pictures, as they pretty much have the proof it was sent by his phone.
Its 2010 people, not really a "who done it" case..but just because it IS a "WHO done it" case is why its dragging on so long, and why he's not being punished. Sickening.

I just wish she would of come forward herself the day it happened. Would of , could of ..SHOULD of been an entirely different conclusion to this sick senerio!

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not likely, but Deanna may pick up the ball after Goodell dropped it. That would be a lot more than $50,000.

TomHQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
50,000? That's literally POCKET CHANGE to Favre!

Brett Favre's 2010 salary is $16 million meaning he makes an even $1 million per game. That equates to nearly $17,000 PER minute for the season. So it takes Favre 3 minutes to earn enough money to pay the fine. That is the equivalent of a person making $50,000 a year being fined ... wait for it ... $1.20.
From ESPN

I'm very disappointed with the outcome of this.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
50,000? That's literally POCKET CHANGE to Favre!

Brett Favre's 2010 salary is $16 million meaning he makes an even $1 million per game. That equates to nearly $17,000 PER minute for the season. So it takes Favre 3 minutes to earn enough money to pay the fine. That is the equivalent of a person making $50,000 a year being fined ... wait for it ... $1.20.
From ESPN

I'm very disappointed with the outcome of this.

Not even lint worthy... disappointed indeed.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's lucky that's all he got and Sterger didn't decide to pursue it outside of the NFL and drag him through court.

They can't really suspend him if he's not going to play anymore. What's going to be interesting is if next year he waffles and decides he wants to play again. Can the suspension be retroactive and enforced at the beginning of the season considering it was omitted in regards of him impending retirement?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, $50,000 is about .003 of 16 million. .003 of 50,000 is $150. About what the average fan pays to see an NFL game.

I imagine The little pr##k refused to have his little pr##k photographed to compare it to the text photos.

What a guy. Wouldn't it make all Packer fans proud to have his number retired??

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think we've seen the last of BF... unfortunately.

I think the Sterger camp is going to release the rest of the dirt they have on him,.. at least we'll have something to "poke' fun at!

I love how the headlines use the silly words to describe the case... "probe...wrapping up.... scandal erupting"
that type of stuff..
try googling Jenn Sterger Brett Favre its WONDERFUL!!

This one cracks me up every time...

Jenn Sterger: Brett Favre Scandal. Popular Galleries; Serial Killer's Secret Photos · "Grim Sleeper" Serial Killer Suspect's Secret Photos ...

(only because it has the others tagged with it!! Whodathunk??)

Ahhh the legacy continues!!!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
There's no way to prove intent with the **** pictures. Do we know Sterger didn't want them? It's her word against Favre's, and without hard :)icon_lol:) evidence it's pretty tough to say Favre was for sure harassing her.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
the Favrits really are nutts

I love the 'lack of cooperation' bit ! Brett essentially the comish to eff off. Brett is a legend and the greatest ever to play the game and Goodell is a nobody who is trying to create his 'legacy' by going around and punishing people.

NFL will soon become NoFavreLeague and will begin its inevitable long term decline....

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
one day....ooooooooh one glorious day...those bubbles will pop!!! :blink:

hehehehhehee

Members online

Latest posts