Brett to announce...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents.........i don't think he intends to wait until AFTER the draft. If he DID say that. i think it was just to keep the people from bugging him. If he said "I'll decide in the next 2 weeks" they would be all OVER him every minute! So.......just my opinion of course.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
we're thinking, one man is single handedly ****ing up free agency and the draft if he doesnt decide soon.

If favre retires tomorrow, we can get a backup through free agency, or draft one.

If Favre says hes staying tomorrow, we dont have to worry too much about that at all.

But since favre isnt announcing anything until after the draft(I hope thats a bad rumor, it was on packersnews or jsonline, i forget which), The GB organization will not know what they have at QB, so what are they to do?

The second free agency starts, and Favre hasnt made a decision, he is holding the team hostage, and its a shame. Why dont you people realize that?

I love favre
I love the packers

I hate the situation.

Why is Favre holding the team hostage if he doesn't announce before free agency starts? The Packers are 23 million under the cap. TT can sign anyone he wants. With the possible exception of finding someone to back up Rodgers, Favre's decision shouldn't affect who TT signs, or who he drafts.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Well, personally I would LOVE to see it actually be a surprise that he comes, like TT makes an announcement "We have a special guest, well, he was more of a... surprise. We didnt know he was coming till today, and I'll bet everyone of you that ever single person in here is going to be excited to see him..."

You catch my drift. That would be totally great, but right now it doesnt look that way. AFter hearing what he had to say at that Nascar thing, well, I think he just needs as much time as he can get and not 3000 fans asking him the same question, even thought if he did come he'd probably have to have his mind made up by then.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
tromadz said:
we're thinking, one man is single handedly ****ing up free agency and the draft if he doesnt decide soon.

If favre retires tomorrow, we can get a backup through free agency, or draft one.

If Favre says hes staying tomorrow, we dont have to worry too much about that at all.

But since favre isnt announcing anything until after the draft(I hope thats a bad rumor, it was on packersnews or jsonline, i forget which), The GB organization will not know what they have at QB, so what are they to do?

The second free agency starts, and Favre hasnt made a decision, he is holding the team hostage, and its a shame. Why dont you people realize that?

I love favre
I love the packers

I hate the situation.

Why is Favre holding the team hostage if he doesn't announce before free agency starts? The Packers are 23 million under the cap. TT can sign anyone he wants. With the possible exception of finding someone to back up Rodgers, Favre's decision shouldn't affect who TT signs, or who he drafts.

Yeah, TT can sign anyone he wants....except a QB

if he signs a QB now while favre is undecided, he will see it as disrespectful and possibly retire

if he doesnt sign a QB now and favre decides to retire, he officially screwed us out of brees\kitna,etc.

why is this hard to understand?

Im not saying favre is hurting us with signing guards\recievers\DBs...

If TT doesnt sign a QB, and favre later decides to retire....say Hello to Aaron Rodgers as your starting QB. INstead of Kitna or someone, who will make us more competitive in 2006.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Brees is injured...seriously...
Kitna is mediocre....and will stay with Cincinnati
or go to the Jets..

What's so hard to understand?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Let's clean up the language gentlemen.

UH OH!!! Someones in TROUBLE!!! (I know it's not me!!!)
I sure hope Brett shows up tomorrow........i don't think he will, but i HOPE!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes it is Cheesey...

Ryan's gettin' tired of your "cheeeeesey" jokes....

(and that muscle pose in that orange blazer is really something...What..I can't say...but it is SOMETHING!)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My God....you guys are too much...."Favre is single-handedly f*** ing up free agency"?

I thought you were the "TT is God " guy. Do you REALLY think TT is stupid enough to let Favre F-up free agency? If so then he should be fired on the spot. TT knows when he has to have an answer and I'm sure he has passed it on to Favre. You armchair GM's are just pissed because he hasn't passed it on to you.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yes it is Cheesey...

Ryan's gettin' tired of your "cheeeeesey" jokes....

(and that muscle pose in that orange blazer is really something...What..I can't say...but it is SOMETHING!)

Hmmm......i DON'T think it's my CHEESINESS that he's tired of!!! (I'm CERTAIN he would tell me if that was the case!)
Now.........my "muscle pose".......your just JEALOUS!!! :wink: You only WISH you had this physique, AND my "witty" sense of humor!!! 8)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Its ok cheesy I think your a beast and funnier then heck

dang... now ain't that special..... U 2 need a room?

Brett's not messin' anything up - he's in the cat bird seat and KNOWS it....
Let him figure it out - if he ain't ready, I don't need him back.

The only sad part would be his BIO, later on...

"One bad year and Favre sat down!" (you know someone will write it, too)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
gopackgo4 said:

dang... now ain't that special..... U 2 need a room?

Brett's not messin' anything up - he's in the cat bird seat and KNOWS it....
Let him figure it out - if he ain't ready, I don't need him back.

The only sad part would be his BIO, later on...

"One bad year and Favre sat down!" (you know someone will write it, too)

Perhaps Brett is thinking that same thought and doesn't want 'Two bad years and Favre sat down!'

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:

THANKS Gopack!!!
Don't let the "boys" bother you........I KNEW what you meant!
And......i AGREE with you..........God made men and women different for a REASON!
(Maybe these guys don't REALIZE that! Thats why all the QUESTIONS!)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
gopackgo4 said:

THANKS Gopack!!!
Don't let the "boys" bother you........I KNEW what you meant!
And......i AGREE with you..........God made men and women different for a REASON!
(Maybe these guys don't REALIZE that! Thats why all the QUESTIONS!)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

What reason?

Members online

Latest posts