BRETT SPEAKS on his Joke,The O line, and his #1 dillema!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MORE FAVRE NEWS! HE SPEAKS ON SOME INTERESTING STUFF! CLICK HERE!

Q. Are you worried about the offensive line’s ability to protect you?

A. “It’s a concern in the sense — call me crazy if you want — not that I’m afraid of getting hit, but that I want to win. Of course, I don’t want to get beat up, but we’ve got a new offense going in, so players like (guard) Will Whitticker are starting all over. It’s like he’s a rookie again. He’s got great potential, but it’s going to be different for him. Scott Wells may have to move to center full time. I think he’s a fine player, guard or center, but at some point you ask yourself, ‘Who are you replacing guys with?’ From a coach’s standpoint you have to say the right things, that we’ll be competitive and we’ll win, and I truly believe Mike McCarthy will do a fine job. But really, what have we done to replace the guys that we’ve lost on the line?â€

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett's only major mistake in life has been to be too bloody honest with the fans and media. I can't wait to see how all the Brett Bashers are going to take this latest piece out of context.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've been labeled a brett basher, and i love the article. I REALLY liked the part about how he likes\communicates with TT and MM.

im just sad hes waiting for an O-line upgrade, that wont probably happen until the 29th the earliest.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From KFFL:

Chris Havel, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre was at his charity golf tournament Thursday, April 6. Favre didn't hint at his decision for 2006, but he said he spoke with general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy earlier in the week and told them he may have a decision by this weekend or the first part of next week. "I want to do what's best, obviously, for me and my family," Favre said. "But regardless of what people might think, I don't want to jeopardize the future of the team. I don't want to do that. I think that the people that know me, including those in the organization, know that." Favre stressed that he is not putting off his decision to force his release or a trade. "I don't want to play for anyone else. I never asked Ted Thompson to release me or trade me. I wouldn't do it. It's way too important for me to start over somewhere else, even if it's for a year. I can't believe people even think that. People who know me know that I'm as loyal as there is."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the first time... i'm not 100% sure he'll be back. i cried after the seattle game and i'm crying right now. i'm 22 years old and that man has been with me since i started watching/playing football when i was 10. i don't know football without brett favre. yes life will go on after brett, but i sure wish it didn't have to come to that. i'm really going to miss him.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
for the first time... i'm not 100% sure he'll be back. i cried after the seattle game and i'm crying right now. i'm 22 years old and that man has been with me since i started watching/playing football when i was 10. i don't know football without brett favre. yes life will go on after brett, but i sure wish it didn't have to come to that. i'm really going to miss him.

Bozz, I still think Brett will come back for Green Bay's best interests but from the sounds of the article, I am not so sure he really want's to play and potentially become a "scapegoat" for another losing season. Just my take !!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but...he wasn't the scapegoat of the 2005 season.

everyone(EVERYONE) knows it was a bad oline combined with injuries.

I don't think I read one article blaming favre when the season ended. I read some "Is he past his prime" junk articles, which will happen when you throw as many INTs as he did, but nothing blaming HIM directly for the bad season.

the scapegoat, if anyone, was the man who got fired, Mike Sherman.

Favre is not a victim here.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You and I may know that trom but I remember last year when all the questioning about his abilities were going on, even on these "Packer Forums" once the interceptions started. Not everyone understands this game beyond the "Stats" my friend !!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Classic Favre. Honest and to the point.

He said all the right things, he did not bash his teammates.

I was pretty optimistic, but sadly I think, more than ever, that we have seen the end of #4 in the Green and Gold.

I am not trying to start anything but how can you look at his words and not feel guilty. Why in the hell should Brett have to say "I am not trying to jeopardize the future of this team" or "I am not trying to force a trade or release." It's obvious that he's heard all the hoopla and has to defend himself. Thats the saddest thing in the world.Brett, the guy thats carried this team for over a decade, has to respond to accusations like this. It's ********!

The worst part is it seems like himself and MM and TT are on the same page. So where did all this get started? Who is he defending himself to?

Sadly, the answer is the trigger happy media like Mark Chmura and Steven A. Smith, along with the fans who just ate up the media ******** and piled right on top.

DAMN YOU, PACKER NATION!

I do not care if this is "Inciting" some big riot on this board or not. I have the utmost respect for Ryan and all the others that have been on the opposite side of all this Favre talk, but I am just plain pissed!

There is no doubt Brett feels betrayed. He had to say what we all just should have expected. If Brett leaves,its us, not TT, that ran him out the door. The so called "greatest fans in the world" who started questioning Brett's integrity as soon as we got impatient. It seems to me that all you ungrateful media puppets are going to get what you wanted, a decision, but its going to be one you never REALLY wanted.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont recall it, I was on this forum then. we all knew the injuries and oline were the main source.

TT bashing wasnt even going on then. good times.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
but...he was only part of the scapegoat of the 2005 season.

everyone(EVERYONE) knows it was a bad oline combined with injuries and the 29 interceptions thrown by Brett favre.

I don't think I read one article blaming favre when the season ended. I read some "Is he past his prime" junk articles, which will happen when you throw as many INTs as he did, but nothing blaming HIM directly for the bad season.

the scapegoat, if anyone, was the man who got fired, Mike Sherman because he told Brett to just throw it up there for grabs.

Favre is not a victim here.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I dont recall it, I was on this forum then. we all knew the injuries and oline were the main source.

TT bashing wasnt even going on then. good times.

Even within the last month, comments have been posted to this forum to the effect of "Brett's INTs went a long way to GB's 4-12 season last year."

I was one of those who countered this argument by reminding people of the injuries and crappy o-line.

Brett was being blamed then, and he is still being blamed now, by people simply looking for a scapegoat.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good article. No wonder Favre doesn't bother with Chmura anymore. Favre appears to be all class; Chmura, well ...

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett had given this statement instead of some of the statements he has given lately, I don't think there would have been a big controversy.

It sounds to me like Brett is closer to retiring than he is to deciding to play. That's ok. The important thing is that if Brett does retire, he won't be going out on a sour note. That would have been a shame.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now this is the brett i know & love. speaking from his heart, as usual, & reminding us what an awesome team player he is!! i'm thankful we will have his decision soon & am still holding out hope that he will return for one final season. :cross:

to those of you who questioned brett's ethics, moral fiber, & honesty simply because you were impatient, this is for y'all... :moon: !!!!!!

he is a man of integrity who has had to make an unbelievably difficult decision with the whole world watching. sure he made some comments to the media that freaked me out a few times & even i was worried about him but once again, he has shown he's a man of honor.

GO PACK GO - STAY BRETT STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT should have signed Larry Allen...

(Packernation is the biggest hump on the internet...What a *****...!)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyledriver and 4packgirl. I'm with you."Fans" that have been ripping Favre MAY have sealed his fate. I have felt this disgust for months now. I hope he comes back wins a championship and tells everybody to shove it. Of course he would never do that. Besides, if he comes back and the Packers have a successful season it will all be because of TT, to these guys.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anything the so called "fans" say would have one one hundredth of a percent of difference in what Brett Favre decides. Does he HEAR all the talk? Yes.........but i'm sure he hears the cries of "come back" too.
If he comes back, and the Packers DO do good, it will be because all parts came together, form TT, to MM, to BF, to the rookies on the team. All the pats on the back, or the knifes in the back if they do lousy, belong on the entire team and management.
Favre's 29 interceptions last year didn't help, but he was working with a messed up O-line, and RB's that were new. He STILL threw 20 TD's, and they were in most of the games till the end. Imagine if the O line, WR's, and backs stay healthy, and a few upgrades on D, they COULD go far.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheesey..

I think Depack's point is for comments like that...

"Favre's 29 interceptions didn't help..."

I mean...what is the point of that statement...I know you probably don't mean it as it sounds and realize the "real reason" for those interceptions...but unfortunately there are probably fools on this forum who don't and who blame the guy for last season....

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.......they DIDN'T help, but they were NOT all his fault! I know there are those that will take it and RUN with the 29 ints. They have the right to their opinions........even if they ARE wrong.
Favre was trying to win an INDY 500, with a Model T! He sometimes pushed it too hard, and it blew up in his face! Not all his fault!
Some will blame Favre, no matter WHAT he does/did. Thats why they are called "opininons", and not "facts."
Fact is, he did throw them, fact is, not all his fault.
Off topic.....how about the fumble by Green in the Bears game that was returned for a TD..........FACT is, Favre was going down the field to try to make a tackle, and FACT is he was SHOVED right in the back by one of the Bears players. Should have been a penalty against the Bears, wiping out the TD. The REFS screwed up. Favre was being Favre, and trying to stop the other team. He's a competitive son of a gun, isn't he? :wink:

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well IMHO he will retire, thnaks TT, we will all regret this for years to come.

The nice point is that #4 is showing averyone that he is a true gentleman..

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are some points... take them for what they are worth...

-Favre will come back if they add some decent O-Line men... Watch them get Ferguson in the Draft.

-Packers fans are some of the best and some of the dumbest in the league... Why on earth were a lot of you and others bashing number 4? Read my previous posts and you will see a fan that has their QB's back.

-Chumura is a moron.

-Ted Thompson talks to Favre numerous times a week... to all you guys that were bashing their lack of communication and TT, how many of you even thought they talked once a week.

-We are only fans... TT, BF, MM etc etc. DO NOT HAVE TO LET FANS IN ON ALL THEIR TALKS OR PERSONAL BUSINESS.

OUT.

Members online

Latest posts