BRETT SPEAKS on his Joke,The O line, and his #1 dillema!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Well IMHO he will retire, thnaks TT, we will all regret this for years to come.

The nice point is that #4 is showing averyone that he is a true gentleman..

I disagree. Brett said himself he would not do anything to hurt the team and calling it quits now most definately hurts the team.

I posted months ago that IMO he wanted to see the "O" line improved and that's exactly what he mentioned in his interview yesterday going into this weekends golf outing.

Unfortunately, there were only a few quards out there that we could have confidently counted on to upgrade and they went early and for a lot of cash. The way the Hutchinson deal came down it was a good thing we didn't end up caught in the middle of that.

Besides, we would have had to pay him the highest salary ever given a guard by a long shot.

There were a couple others out there also but overall the pickings at guard have been slim.

i would hope that by the time they start work we will have made some upgrades to the line. It would seem rediculous that TT and co. would put their head totally in the sand on this issue.

But my dollar says Brett will be behind center.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now the guy doesn't have a RIGHT to retire without being criticized by the fans...(So the guy is basically damned if he does..and damned if he doesn't by some of the "ingrate" fans out there...?? beautiful...)

If he retires..then TT's boy..Aaron Rodgers is your man...How is that Brett's fault...?

(Also..Larry Allen should have been signed..I don't even know if TT made an attempt for him...)

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree... All you fans that said they would have gotten Drew Brees or Culpepper or something simply have no clue.

They drafted Aaron Rodgers in the 1st round last year for a reason. Why would you give up on him so quickly? Makes no sense to me.

WOuld it be a tough year with Rodgers at the helm? Maybe, but at least you all could stop bit##ing about Favre throwing 29 picks last season.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly Ted Thompson should sign every aging offensive guard that doesn't fit the blocking scheme if they have done well in the past, with different blocking schemes that use their size to their advantage. The coaches have made it clear that the best thing to do with this scheme is to look at marginal guards on other teams that could excel in this zone blocking scheme. All you see is hey this is a big name player that I've heard of and he has been very good. It is more complex than that.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Somebody is better than nobody...

What if these guards you are talking about never materialize....at least this year???

(You have to be flexible to different scenarios and have depth...that's how Ron Wolf operated..)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand what you expect. We should sign Larry Allen to add depth? That would make no sense with what we'd have to pay for him. I don't know much about blocking and the schemes used but everything I've read has had the teams using smaller guards and I do like Larry Allen but it seems to me like he just couldn't work out with what they are trying to do. I would assume there are some guards that will be cut by teams or the Packers can draft somebody that can step in and start or add to the depth but whether or not they end up improving the line is near impossible to tell without exact knowledge of the players and scheme, which the coaches would know about and we can do nothing but trust them to chose who would work right.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, SuperRat....talk to some of the geniuses who have figured out how to put a square peg into the round hole.

Kinda like signing Warrick Dunn as a power back in a single set formation. He IS talented!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The point was..that if these so called "athletic guards" don't materialize..after cuts or in the draft (or if TT can't sign them), then what are you going to do..?

(Using the draft is another dilemma..because then you have to start a "rookie"..)

Larry Allen is a hell of a good OG..

The coaches have to be adaptable with their schemes if they don't have the personnel to fit it..or else..why the hell are they in the NFL coaching to begin with if they can't do that?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Exactly Ted Thompson should sign every aging offensive guard that doesn't fit the blocking scheme if they have done well in the past, with different blocking schemes that use their size to their advantage. The coaches have made it clear that the best thing to do with this scheme is to look at marginal guards on other teams that could excel in this zone blocking scheme. All you see is hey this is a big name player that I've heard of and he has been very good. It is more complex than that.

well said.

GB shoulda got allen,hutchinson,randle el, akers, Moss, and Walter Payton.

DAMN THEM!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And don't forget Adam "one dimensional" Archuleta at $5 mil per year!!

Remember, the Pack deserves nothing less than Pro-Bowlers at all starting spots and in key reserves.

How, why?? Because, apparently, the cap does not apply to GB, and every player in the league should feel a special obligation to wear the G&G for half the money because of our rich history!!

Pardon my sarcasm!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i forgot Archuleta signed a record deal as well....but TT is dumb because he doesnt spend outlandish amounts of money on average players.

ps - digsthepack, some people here(I wont mention names, thats rude) think this is madden football, and you can sign and trade as easilly as you can take a drink of water...or in their case....massive amounts of alcohol.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And..what is wrong with "massive amounts of alcohol"? It is what gets me through every morning I wake!

Damn...where the hell is my Mad Dog 20/20 orange jubilee! The best!!!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
And..what is wrong with "massive amounts of alcohol"? It is what gets me through every morning I wake!

Damn...where the hell is my Mad Dog 20/20 orange jubilee! The best!!!!

funny you should mention mad dog - until last new years eve, i had never touched the stuff. unfortunately, i "touched" it until it was gone!!! :puke:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the best stories in my life involves the 1987 Shriners Game (remember WR Frankie Neal breaking out that game?) drank all day, brought much Mad Dog into the game in bota bag, and a flask of cheap rum to mix with cokes if beer and MD ran out. Roomie grabs flask thinking it is MD and swallows huge volume of cheap rum. Pukes violently in a bag. Guy trying to impress chicks in front of us gets all pissy (it was all in the bag) and moves up 4 rows across aisle. At halftime my roomie Bob buys the guy and his friends a tray of beers as an apology, guy gets pissy again and shoves Bob back..all beers end up on idiots lap.

The fun began about here, but is too long and too stoopid to fully explain.

Aaaaahhhh...Packers' football.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I brought my cell phone flask to soldier field. I love putting my cell phone flask in the little cell phone case. so cute...and ...drinky.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Dad's buddy Hank used to have a huge set of binoculars that he would fill with booze. Just unscrew the eyepieces and, prost!!

Necessity truly is the mother of invention....either that or the fear of DTs.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
One of the best stories in my life involves the 1987 Shriners Game (remember WR Frankie Neal breaking out that game?) drank all day, brought much Mad Dog into the game in bota bag, and a flask of cheap rum to mix with cokes if beer and MD ran out. Roomie grabs flask thinking it is MD and swallows huge volume of cheap rum. Pukes violently in a bag. Guy trying to impress chicks in front of us gets all pissy (it was all in the bag) and moves up 4 rows across aisle. At halftime my roomie Bob buys the guy and his friends a tray of beers as an apology, guy gets pissy again and shoves Bob back..all beers end up on idiots lap.

The fun began about here, but is too long and too stoopid to fully explain.

Aaaaahhhh...Packers' football.

damn i'm ready for some football!!! how much longer til kick off?????
the problem with MD is you can't taste the alcohol at all. sorta like a jacked up smoothie. i thought i was just fine - sitting in front of the fire, drinking my mad dog...THEN i tried to walk - not good!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MD and tequila are the only two boozes that actually get me fired up instead of happy and mellow.

Danger Will Robinson!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its a very popular drink, thats all.

dont you DARE roll your eyes at ME! DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM!

Im the tromster!

lol.

hmm...jeagerbombs....

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I like drinking and as much as I am (NOT) looking forward to Trom's drunken posting tonight, lets see if we can get this geared back on topic....

Members online

Latest posts