Brett on McNair Situation :

Status
Not open for further replies.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey....if Favre was the union rep for the Packers, fine. He is not, and therfore is out of line.

And I am not saying no compensation on the waiver. It would be a negotiated settlement if he was injured during workouts and lost for the season. Perhaps something along the lines of $7-8 million instead of $23.5 million.

Hell, that sounds pretty reasonable to me. And, generally, while I understand the motives of the Titans, I also agree that they have handled it as if they had 10 thumbs. Certainly could have been done a little better from a PR standpoint.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is a major figure in football and a fellow quarterback so his speaking out about the subject is going to gain more attention for the cause and that is a good thing for all football players. Also if the Titans weren't even interested in restructuring his contract I don't see how they would be interested in negotiating a waiver for compensation.

The people here that believe the Packers are trying to force out Favre should look at this case. This is what trying to get rid of your star quarterback looks like and it is ugly.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really have no problem with his taking time to decide to retire...big decision worthy of such contemplation. But, given that, doesn't it come across as a bit of a "woory about your own sh1it, Brett", moment? He really does have enough on his plate right now.

He and the others are not being selfish...they are being wrong.

This is the price of modern free agency...when it was enacted in the early 1990s, many said older veterans would suffer at the end of their carers to the whim and whimsy of the cap and how teams need to work within it. Yes, they would make more money, but they would be subject to just these type of cold business decisions that many now face.

The players knew this going in, got their dough since then, and now want to change what cannot be changed. Older vets lose in modern free agency. We, and they, knew this when it was enacted. Now they want us to cry them a river. Boo-****in-hoo.................

I've got an idea..let's go back to the old system, pay them less, but provide greater security to aging veterans. Think the players would go for that?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problme with Brett being at a charity event in Nashville and their media asking Brett about McNair and him commeting on it.. They are tight so of course he's going to stick up for his friend.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If McNair would have gotten injured it'd have cost the Titans over 20 million.
I can see their point now, even though they went around it wayyy wrong.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I really have no problem with his taking time to decide to retire...big decision worthy of such contemplation. But, given that, doesn't it come across as a bit of a "woory about your own sh1it, Brett", moment? He really does have enough on his plate right now.

He and the others are not being selfish...they are being wrong.

This is the price of modern free agency...when it was enacted in the early 1990s, many said older veterans would suffer at the end of their carers to the whim and whimsy of the cap and how teams need to work within it. Yes, they would make more money, but they would be subject to just these type of cold business decisions that many now face.

The players knew this going in, got their dough since then, and now want to change what cannot be changed. Older vets lose in modern free agency. We, and they, knew this when it was enacted. Now they want us to cry them a river. Boo-****in-hoo.................

I've got an idea..let's go back to the old system, pay them less, but provide greater security to aging veterans. Think the players would go for that?

digs..

This is hypocritical...and you KNOW it!

How come it's ok for an NFL organization to do whatever they want...Cold bloodedly and callously treat McNair and other veterans this way..but if a Veteran like Favre comes out and says.."I still want to play football..just not for the Green Bay Packers..because I think they suck and Ted Thompson doesn't know what the **** he is doing..."??

The fans would be all over his *** screaming like women that he is a traitor and disloyal, and that his career and records are tarnished now because he decided to make, in your words..."a cold blooded business decision..", and play for some other team that is competitive and comitted to winning now...

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with what is happening with the McNair decision but it relates to the Favre situation in no way. If Favre did say that he wants to go to some other more competitive team then I would definitely be on the Favre is disloyal side because the team has given him everything they could give him. They got him to two Superbowls, one which they won. They've given him millions of dollars and he is still under contract so it is either play for the Packers or play for nobody. If he did demand a trade or demand to get cut to go to a different team he would be just about the same level of Terrell Owens, which I guess you wouldn't care because you seem to value individual players and their talents over entire teams.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I have no problme with Brett being at a charity event in Nashville and their media asking Brett about McNair and him commeting on it.. They are tight so of course he's going to stick up for his friend.

I agree porky. These guys are good friends and good friends will stand up for each other. On a side note I am glad the people bashing Brett for this are not good friends of mine ( I can do without the type of friends that would not stand up for me ) !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still havent seen one person bash Favre (except Big3)

Not kissing favres *** must mean you hate him and are bashing him.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I still havent seen one person bash Favre (except Big3)

Not kissing favres *** must mean you hate him and are bashing him.

So now, agreeing that Brett has a right to defend his friend is kissing his ? Please go away now and stop talking about brett's behind, it's not polite trom, really !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that....wasnt even remotely close to what I said.

Wow, this site has really gone to ****.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
that....wasnt even remotely close to what I said.

Wow, this site has really gone to ****.

Good, than feel free to leave. Noone agrees with poor Tro so now the board has gone to ****? Hey just a thought Tro, but maybe your just wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts